Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday July 25 2009

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Saturday July 25 2009

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:32 am

Prayers going up for Jerry.....That he gets the job.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:39 am

Hello....

Back form the tree doctors...She is off today! I left samples of my Dog Wood and she can call me tomorrow.

I am going to do a quick uglies run through the house. Remember I super cleaned last week end for DBFs visit. <<Happy Dance>> There is not much to do.(O:

All I can think about is what I am going to put on the quilt's label.
I will work on it's design when I take breaks in binding...

maryq...So happy it is Saturday for you(:(:(:
Mmmmmmm......Have some cake for me too!

Chriss...just the forum takes up a lot of time for me...I do not know you and others manage more. Marilyn is so very lucky to have you as a Grandmother! G-Force looks funny. My girls have had G Pigs and it is true they do "Poop" in your hands...LOL
Happy to hear Jerry's chances are still good for this job. Still praying.

Lyn...How fun to find a quilting buddy, buy the same kit and plan to meet next year for show & tell. Enjoy your video call with DGS. I want to get the computer cameras for my TX DD and me!

Carolyn...Have fun at you class.

Grammiequilts...I love that you quilt with yous sister.

Brenda....Did you get you BOMs in the rain? You go girl loosing 20lbs.!!

The quick uglies call...Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:48 am

I'm up and boy it's early. Gotta get ready to go meet up with the girls.
Lori 8-)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:09 am

Good morning. Well, I'm back from the vet. Watched Fons & Porter while having my shredded wheat and I've started laundry. My allergies are acting up badly - from having two dogs in a closed up car this morning and handling them a lot at the vet's office. I'm going to take a Benadryl and then try to sew. I hope I don't fall asleep at my machine.

Long Beach girls - I'm am SO thinking about y'all today. WOO HOO

Y'all have a great day.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:24 am

Morning/afternoon ladies!

We had a great day yesterday finally took the kids to Harry Potter, did fireworks it was fun.

Today I have a wedding shower and then we are going to go help clean out my grandmas apartment. I haven't been there in months since she passed away and I am not looking forward to it but it needs to be done.

BBL to visit.

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:29 am

It is finally HOT here. I've ironed shirts today about 8 of them. My husband isn't picky about much but he wants a crisp shirt for work every morning.

I have some laudry out and have another load to hang.

Maybe later I'll work a little on this wall hanging. I have to look for tear away stabilizer, it's in the closet somewhere......... someday that room will be mine and I won't have these problems. It kind of makes me not want to sew. I know I have some special fabric in there too and I can't find it. My son has so much "stuff" piled in front of the closet door, grrrr. I know one thing that set of DRUMS is out of here the next time I see him!

Vic

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:33 am

Im up and it sure is warm out today DH went to go fishing today i think we will go later on tonite maybe it be more cooler out then. Try get something started maybe the wallhanging or i don't know right now. Dr is weeing me off one of my meds and not easy for me to get my act together. Im trying to hard to do something and i just don't feel like doing anything just sit here and sit here not good. All i can say sometime days can be like well for me im sure you know what i mean. BBl tell what i have done or did not do. Sarah

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:09 am

Hello Everyone...Have been cleaning and working on my BOM's...got my Barn block done....It's nice here today...a little humid!...Hubby is weed eating!...I am still in my PJ'S...well, going to go take a shower and fix Cabbage rolls for supper....You all have A nice day!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:24 am

Taking a break

Got most of my lawn mowed, then did a BAD BAD thing.. Hit some rocks with the mower and the blades locked up and it started to smell funny--so guess I'm done after all! My son is probably coming over tomorrow--I'm hoping he can fix it for me without laughing too hard at his silly Mommy!

So with that chores off my list, and a couple others I've managed to do this morning--washed floors, cleaned kitchen, a couple loads of laundry.... I'm going to go "play" at my sewing machine for a while.

Vicky--have to tell you a funny about ironing shirts for DH.. Years ago DH and I got in an arguement about fixing meals... he hated to cook and so did I, but on HIS day off when I worked he couldn't even THINK of what to fix for supper. I remember telling him, "where is it written that because I have boobs I have to cook" So he offered to take his shirts to the laundry so I wouldn't have to iron his shirts--(I suppose so I would have more time to cook) BIG DEAL. I'd still rather iron shirts than cook any day! The laundry didn't do a very good job, so I went back to ironing and he NEVER did cook! BUT when he left me and got his own place-he sure had to learn to cook!

Well, I'm going to go play now... I've been looking forwad to this all week!

Marymargaret

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:40 am

Good Afternoon....

I have a very large glass of iced tea...and ready to bind. I have a pencil & paper ready to design a label.

zfatcat...have fun with the girls!

Cindyg...how is the Benadryl working? Are you awake enough to sew?

Carin...I see you are having a Happy/Sad day. May you find some sweet memories of your Grandmother.

Vicky...WHY is it children leave soooo much behind? There are 70 or 80 boxes in the attic that belong the 2 DDs. Good luck finding the stabilizer.

Sarah...I hope you get your "act together" enough to do a little sewing if not maybe you were meant to rest. Meds can really whack you out.

luv_2...I am also having a nice day with a little humidity. Mmmmm cabbage roll I have not had that in ages.

Off to bind....Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”