Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 23,

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thursday May 23,

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 23, 2024 8:42 am

Good morning. Today will be a beautiful day. The plan is to go through my totes of fabric and try to clear them out of my dining room. I will put them back on the shelves in my "office" for now. I'd also like to clean a few bathrooms and sweep up any cement outside.

I ordered my new bed and it will be here the end of next week. I do still need to get sheets that fit. The mattress I am using now I tried out in the store and wasn't' happy with it when I slept all night on it. I added a foam topper which was very helpful. Hoping that the person coming to get my existing bed will do that soon. while I am waiting on the bedroom stuff I can start in that crazy garage.

Judi, high five to Nolen. Glad you can attend the graduation in spite of your knee.

Lori, not sure I could do one inch hexi's, or anything else for that matter.

Maryz, glad the bed is working for you. Nice to wake up refreshed.

Flo, sounds like a pretty quiet day for you.

Jana, I have lots of book cases too. The thing I'm not excited about moving is that huge clunky computer desk. I will need to take it apart to move it out.

Valerie, seems like there is an end in sight for your dad's stuff, it's coming to a close. Seems like it's drug on for a while, bet you will love getting to exhale when it is all complete. Is there a military museum nearby who would like the uniform? Enjoy your retreat.

Maryq, enjoy that new to you machine. what fun to get to play with it today.

Lyn, safe travels to you. I wanted to try one of those papa murphy taco pizza's. they often offer a deal for taco tuesday, but it was Wednesday. Not sure what happened to tuesday this week, I think it disappeared.

Becca, I also love a great salad.

Tina, hope Jaz has an easy fix with her car. I think dinner at your house sounds wonderful.

Last night I had spaghetti. Zucchini was my noodles and I added ground beef and mushrooms to my Rao's garlic jar of sauce. I don't suggest the garlic Rao's but the marinara is pretty good. Tonight will be chix parm with that leftover sauce and perhaps a salad, or perhaps not.

You all have a fantastic day,
Chriss
Proverbs 4:11-12

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 23, 2024 9:23 am

Val Our Nolan is attemding University of Toledo in the fall...next spring he will join the Ohio Air national guard They do construction and plane maaintanence. They will cover all of his tuition and the sign on bonus is 50K...His major will be School of Pharmacy, ( he will join Ohio because the university is in Ohio and that is what they will pay for) He would have joined this year but he found out too late for basic training.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 23, 2024 10:03 am

Aaron just found out everything is signed by the buyer and they just need Aaron's John Henry and the money will be in his account by tomorrow. Whoo hoo!

As to the grands doing my yard they were already doing it. And their definition of weeding and mine are far apart. No matter how much we tried to get them to do it right, and all, they seemed to think mowing was all needed. So I need to hire a company. We tried.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu May 23, 2024 10:55 am

Wow Judi, great job Nolan!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”