Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday May 10th

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Friday May 10th

Post by auntjana » Fri May 10, 2024 11:05 am

The brick is all moved from under the deck! We hit a few hiccups, but between a engineer and a old farm boy,, we got it done,, in less than a hour.. you see,, the trailer for the tractor had a flat tire and needed to be hooked to the tractor, which Daniel did.. Ethan, Grandpa and I did a bucket brigade, one brick at a rime and moved all the stack of bricks out from under my deck.. Daniel stacked them in the trailer and took that down to the barn,, backed it in place and Ethan then restacked them all. Even remembered to yell, last brick! So that part is done. Now a sort, stack to save, and take pile for a dump run! Have no idea where this junk all came fr9m! Oh yes, I have kids!

Irishgram

Re: Friday May 10th

Post by Irishgram » Fri May 10, 2024 1:33 pm

Good afternoon from another dreary, chilly, yucky day in SW. Pa....We had rain last evening and then over night and the pond across the street was over flowing, again...As long as it stays on that side of the street, I'm happy, lol.....Yesterday was a dud of a day...Did absolutely nothing except one of the 4 table runners I have planned...Now, today is better although I haven't done much except clean out the dishwasher and get it ready for the next washing....My sister is picking me up at 5:30 and we're going to a super bingo...And then tomorrow night we're meeting our Sat. night friend for dinner and cards...Hopefully, Sunday, I can stay home..Kevin did ask me to come over his way for dinner but I'd just rather just stay home...I've been on the go too much and need a day at home.....

Oh Judi, sorry, I also thought today was the day...When I read your 1st post, I thought, how does she have time for the doctor, lol.....I too hate that the kids are growing up, much too quickly..I had a hard time when each of the kids left for college or to be married but when our youngest, Terry, left for WVU, that was the hardest...I think it took 2 weeks before I could go in his room without a tissue...He was only an hour and a half away but it seemed like the whole way across the country....And even when he married and moved to NC, I felt so bad and now, he's in Tenn. and it's no better, lol....And then there's Kathy who lives in Reno, but thank goodness, I see her often......I still get teary when I drag out the pictures that I have saved, brings back a lot of good memories.....So, best advice anyone ever gave me, enjoy every minute you have with your kids and grands and great grands, lol.......

Maryz, I can't imagine being at that ceremony, what an honor...I'm sure it brought back memories, both good and bad but so proud, knowing your late DH was one of those heroes......So the planes are ready to fly??? Won't be long now.....The camper my niece bought is a thing you pull behind a truck....I think it sleeps 6, 2 bedrooms, 1 with bunk beds and the other with a queen bed, complete with kitchen (booths come up for more sleeping) and bathroom, cute little thing....And I did enjoy seeing different scenery but feel so bad about the restaurant closing...It was right in the middle of Punxysutawney, where the famous weather predicting groundhog, Phil lives...AND, Phil and his wife just had 2 new babies and the public can now visit them at their special home....But, I'm sure, there is another restaurant that will put up with us when we travel to camp and back....

Jana, thank goodness for kids, right! Lots and lots of work now, but just think of the finished product, it will be wonderful......You getting recliners for tall people, when I got mine, I told them I needed something for a shortie and mine is...It's hard for Kathy's husband to sit in mine, he's 6'+....

Maryq, OK, now you have me singing but weather wise it's a crappy day here but can't let that mess up the day, right??? You're not alone in sending "care" packages...I think Terry was a favorite when he lived in the dorm....And even when the grandsons joined the Air Force, there were packages going all the time....There were always kids who didn't get and they made sure they shared....But, I still don't want them to grow up!

Well, I just looked at the clock and I need to get hopping...If it's one thing, my sister is always on time when we're going to a bingo or card party, lol.....I baked banana nut bread so might just take a couple slices with us just in case......

You all have a great rest of the day...............................

Return to “Sew ins”