Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, May 8th, 2024

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Wednesday, May 8th, 2024

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 08, 2024 9:18 am

Good morning. What a wonderful day today will be.

Yesterday I got most of my mowing done. I love that riding lawn mower. Got some weed eating done also. Only a little left to go and that should be finished up today. I think that when I am done with the yard work, I will load up the car with my recyclables and head to the dump. I really need a truck.

Tina, I will likely get rid of the extra totes when I am sure I don't need them. In the meantime, the thrift store gets things loose. The thrift store I am donating to supports a Christian school. They have nice stuff; I like to shop there. My kids are pretty much the opposite of Kevin. Richard doesn't want anything, and Marilyn only wants a few things, but could I please store it all for her. Glad the beans and ham went over well. It's a mouthwatering meal for sure.

Lori, nice that your dad lives so close. Easy to keep an eye on him. I keep looking at the pile of tablecloths and thankfully none will fit my table. No reason to keep any of them. I have used retro clean before and it is a great product. Jerry really did want me to keep busy, problem is it's keeping me from sewing. I don't like to be so disorganized.

Valerie, I sure hope that car stuff works in your favor. I didn't think of sunscreen, I will pick up some. If you really want to sleep well come on over here and I'll put a weed eater in your hands. You will go to bed early and sleep like a log. Are you doing a garden this year?

Lyn, ooohhh, a new washer. You could tell Garry you need to sell the boat to pay for these upgrades. Glad the tornado didn't' come for a visit.

Becca, you had a busy day. I like those flowers in hanging baskets, they are so colorful. Waht was for lunch?

Judi, curious to know what the quilt looked like that River claimed. I wonder why it caught her eye. I bet it made you smile; it's making me smile. So sweet. My town could be described the same way Ken describes your town. We rarely get the predicted weather and have no goings ons here either. I love my Podunk town and my drama free life.

Maryz, I almost ordered a taco pizza yesterday. Papa Murphy's had them on special for taco Tuesday. But it's 30 minutes from my house and 30 minutes back home. I decided to fry up a burger instead. I have one sturdy ladder that is very tall, but I am chicken to climb too high, especially if I have to bring something down the ladder. And I have one shorter aluminum ladder that I don't like. What I need is scaffolding then I could just walk on the catwalk (said for your imagination to run amok) I have a deadline of the end of the year, it's very doable and I really want to have things in order here before my grandson arrives. I'm hoping the kids will need me often. And even though I am just dreaming if they ever said, come live here I could just sell my uncluttered place and go. Life is but a dream.

Lois, love your popsicle quilt. and the bass panel is cool too. Flying geese would make a great table runner. We should see the 80's on Thursday, I need to uncover the A/C condenser.

Maryq, When I was losing clumps of hair, I was told I needed more calcium. Crazy. I know that even though I do low carb I still don't eat right. I haven't been taking my vitamins lately either. I need to get back on track. Not even sure if vitamins are really helpful or not. I hear both ways from medical people. Sure, wish you were coming to my garage, although we'd get nothing done. And your pay would be tablecloths.

Jana, when I was selling grandma's house a prospective buyer had an in-depth inspection done and one of the things they noted was that the front door needed painting. The house was built in the 50's and had too many issues for those buyers, but other buyers came along and are making all kinds of improvements. Hope Stu loves his job.

Sharona, I am also quite cheap. I almost never eat out and really squawk at having to pay $20 for a burger. No way would I pay $40 for a steak.

Well guess I need to have some breakfast and commence to mowing. That one squirrel who is eating something in my front yard isn't helping me get rid of the tall grass. And the birds love my mowing, I guess it stirs up insects and seeds.

And I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Vitamins or no vitamins?

Hope you all have a super day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 08, 2024 11:31 am

Lyn, glad you weren't in the path of destruction.

Judi, glad your little town was spared as well. I too need to run to the grocery to pick up a few things.

Becca, cookies are always a good way to lift someone's spirit. What kind were they?

Maryz, I can picture the cats head bobbing along while you type. lol Molly is seated in the chair next to me. You're going to be warmer than me today. We're only supposed to get to 74*.

Lois, bummer about the geese, but you can always use them in another project.

Maryq, I have 4 different projects on my design wall. Someone says something about a quilt pattern, and off I go to look at it. And I probably like it, so you know where that's heading.

Jana, I bet the kids will love the big Sea Serpent. I would love it to.

Sharona, brrrr! I use a tower desk top to do my typing. It's way faster for me.

Chriss, glad you are living the good life riding on the mower. I think I would like one too. The table cloth I kept doesn't fit my table, it's square. Maybe it would fit yours. lol I just couldn't get rid of it because someone spent a lot of time making it. I take vitamin d and turmeric. The turmeric help the arthritis in my hands quite a bit, and a doctor told me to take vitamin d years ago.

Jack took me for my walk. We stopped at my dads to put clothes in the dryer. I went to the farmers market for some creamed honey and veggies. Now to do up my breakfast dishes and get ready for my day.
I started working on a small Halloween quilt that was cut out. I came across it yesterday as I was sorting through things.

Dinner will be Chinese.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:17 pm

Hi everyone!
Lyn, I was up from 3 to about 4:45 in pain, you could've distracted me ๐Ÿฅฐ
This new 2nd pill isn't for me, oh my gosh it had me hurting so bad it was all I could do not to cry. Every inch of my body hurt, I'm pretty sure I must've been beaten or run over a couple times with a semi. And my joints were beyond painful! My fingers wouldn't bend and neither would my ankles, my toes even hurt. It was crazy! I could barely walk to get to the bathroom. My throat was tight and my mouth was dry. And I had a whopper of a headache. I called the Drs office but nobody was available of course so took Tylenol for the pain and waited..... they finally called me today; 26 hours after I called and the one lady typed everything up and sent it to the Drs assistant person yesterday.....I didn't die so that was a good thing since it took them so long. I didn't take that med today and won't be taking it again, they can figure something else out if needed...... I'm not into that kinda pain.
I had my dental cleaning and checkup this morning, all is good there and it was noon so we stopped in town for lunch, a real treat for us.
Sorry my post is complaints ๐Ÿ˜ž I'll try better tomorrow. I'm still getting the aches and pains randomly in different parts but I'm guessing it'll take a little while for all the meds to get out of my system. Thankfully my throat is working again.
Dad was put on a pain med for his knees that is making him sleep a lot so I'm calling and checking on him, he sounded drunk this morning and was slurring his words, I had my sister in law check on him because he wasn't answering his phone but he's ok and is happy he's sleeping and not in pain......he usually only sleeps about 5 hours a night so he's getting caught up now. He's not allowed to drive or anything so Frankie will take him supper which tonight will be chicken and a salad.
You all have a great day!
Prayers for those in need ๐Ÿ™
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 08, 2024 8:39 pm

Tina, that sounds like you had an allergic reaction to the meds. Very scary. Glad you're feeling better. You can always call an Emergency room or 911 for help too.
Lori 8-)

Return to โ€œSew insโ€