Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday May 3,2024

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Friday May 3,2024

Post by auntjana » Fri May 03, 2024 8:50 am

I think we all have relatives that hide money! I had a great aunt and great uncle that literally hid all their money in a mattress! They lived through the Great Depression and didn't trust the baking system. They were wealthy as stink too! Then there was Sarah's first MIL, truly a not nice person, whole other story, that hid money in her sock drawer and when she died suddenly, unexpected, there was enough cash to pay for her lavish funeral in the socks!

Heck, I am lucky when I reach in my winter coat the next year and find a dollar?

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 03, 2024 7:48 pm

Val, picking what to bring to a retreat is work. You never know what you'll feel like working on, so you bring way too much.

Mary, my Bill is the same way about machines. Every 2 years he's asking if I need a new one. I have the Bernina and a Janome and I love them both. Glad you saved 100%.

Chriss, have fun hunting for the perfect whatever. I love to go to estate sales more than garage sales.
Glad you saved 100% too. lol

Jana, I love when mother nature takes care of the watering. We're about done here with rain until October.

Maryq, how fun to hang out with Evie.

Judi, did you make the banana bread? Sometimes I put if off one too many days, and the banana's go in the trash instead.

I got 3 quilts layered today. One 94 x 94 was a lot of work. The other two where little quilts. I'm going to hand quilt the big one and one of the little ones.

Dinner was nachos. Now I'm going to go hand quilt a bit and listen to a book.

Have a good sleep.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 03, 2024 7:58 pm

Oh, I also saved a baby bird today. It was out of it's nest. Wrigley, the big golden, thought he had a new friend. I picked it up and put it back into the tree. It latched onto the tree limbs and was able to climb back into the nest.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”