Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 2

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Thursday May 2

Post by womster » Thu May 02, 2024 9:29 am

Good morning!

Becca – it does my heart good to see your posts. I hope you were able to find where you needed to go.

Flo – you sure got a lot done yesterday.

Judi – reading on the porch sounds wonderful. That’s too bad about the slow service – I wonder if they didn’t have enough help. And Chicken Parm sounds lovely for dinner tonight. I told Jim I wanted to get me a Kentucy Derby hat. To say he was befuddled would be an understatement. I love looking at their hats. I need to make a batch of muffins with some sad looking raspberries today, so I will join you in the baking. I got this generic muffin recipe from a Frugal FB group I’m in – I think it’s just five ingredients and will keep for months.

Valerie – holy guacamole! I’m so glad you weren’t seriously injured. That’s so scary. I think the insurance companies should pay us pain and suffering fees for dealing with them – it’s almost as bad as the accident itself. Fingers crossed that your 8:30 patient takes a chill pill. I’m glad you can relate to the light/dark combo. One of my cousins (in Springfield, MO) has people stop her on the street and start talking to her in espanol. She is really dark, but out of 16 cousins, outside of my two sisters and her, just the normal mutt-blend of genetics. Again – DNA is weird!

Lyn – sounds like you are making good time.

Maryz – you are nearly correct re the candling term! These are pine trees (Ponderosa), so they really don’t bud like deciduous trees. I’ll take a picture when they start – it resembles candles on a Christmas tree. Re the hamburgers – I chop the hamburger up, make refried beans out of half the pinto beans, and make a rolled up burrito. Jim eats his flat. I’ll make cheese enchiladas in a couple of days and I spoon the pinto beans and the broth they cooked in over them. YUM!! It reminds me of eating at Furr’s Cafeteria. Driving Miss Daisy – took me a minute to get the reference. Do you tip your driver? Congrats to your chiro on the new baby on the way.

Maryq – isn’t it awful when technology takes a break?

Jana – good news on Aaron’s home front. Getting ready for new floors certainly takes a lot of work, but like you said, it will be worth it.

Chriss – what a nice surprise to find the money! Kids… Poor Moose – I hope it’s not something serious. I can’t believe he’s ten years old! It seems like you got him a couple of years ago. Re the grandson – I offered him oatmeal (he really likes it) or the breakfast burrito. He said he can always get oatmeal at home, but not the other. I love the phrase ‘he knew where he was going and you knew where he went’. Very comforting. I hope you can get a new floor (at least in the kitchen) sooner rather than later. Did you already have your meeting with Jerry’s pension people and Social Security?

We’re also supposed to get more rain this afternoon. I’m still wearing long-sleeved shirts, as it stays around 50-55 and that is still cold to me. Especially with a breeze. My fabric should be delivered today, but I won’t sew until tomorrow as I hope to get the fountain put together this morning. I have to replace my laptop – Windows 7 just isn’t cutting it any more. I can’t upgrade my browser because they require at least Windows 10 blah blah blah. –SIGH- Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 02, 2024 12:11 pm

Sharona, our pine trees do that candle wicking thing too, what a mess it makes! Everything has yellow powder all over it, thankfully it usually only lasts about 2 weeks.
You talking about burritos has me wanting one now 😋 maybe that's what I'll make tomorrow too take to the boys game, it's a 6 o'clock game and that's right when we eat. Would be nice to just take some and eat there, they're so handy and portable.
I don't know if I told you but the boys won last night, it was a really good game. I probably say that about them all but I really enjoy watching all the kids.
I decided not to give Rosie a bath, I'm too tired after all. I didn't sleep very much last night and I'm guessing that's why I'm tired.
I've started the first med and waiting to see if it makes me dizzy or gives me headaches.
Hugs
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 pm

Boy what a absolute nothing got done day! They are working on a street, just up from us and as par for the course, they hit and broke the main trunk of the electrical feed to my house! We had no power to the house, so no sewing, no vacuuming, no microwave, no nothing! And right at the beginning of my Giants game! Uggh! Oh, no internet either! It's finally back after about 5 hours. So now I have to get busy.

I couldn't get out to go shopping either - electric garage door opener and some smart person in this family thought we didn't need the emergency rope handle and cut it off! It wasn't Mr. Grumpy. That will be fixed ASAP!

Return to “Sew ins”