Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday May 2

Daily discussions.
Becca

Thursday May 2

Post by Becca » Thu May 02, 2024 4:30 am

Good morning everyone Going to be a beautiful day Yesterday was gorgeous
I. Got lots done & today itโ€™s go get registration renewed on car and get it inspected Not an easy task Not living here long or knowing where everything is
Then if time get plants & groceries
Always chores to do
We had a great meal last night and time with family
Hope everyone has a lovely day filled with all your fun things My son had an account of a kind deed they did on vacation We should all look for ways to help others
Becca

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday May 2

Post by FlorenceM » Thu May 02, 2024 5:04 am

Morning Becca and all to follow,
I planted tulip bulbs, 5 colors, and 3 cors of hyacinths. The trees are 3 pin oaks, 4 weeping cherries, 5 dogwoods, and 5 red buds. The pin oaks and the weeping cherries are planted as we got the cherry trees in ground yesterday. Plus DDIL & grands stayed for supper, burgers on the Foreman grill.
Today is floors, plant a few more trees, and bake oatmeal cookies. Still drinking coffee and I'm tired just thinking about it.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 02, 2024 5:09 am

Good morning Becca and al..It is another beautiful day here also...Sunny and warm. Ken has left for his out of town job and I have just a few small things to do and I will probably spend the whole day in my sewing room finishing up the last quilt..They said rain today but there isnt a cloud in the sky. Might have to take my book onto the porch for some R & R this afternoon...
had a nice birthday dinner last night but the service was so slow we didnt get out of their til almost 9...started at 6 since all the folks had to work. I was nice though.
I did get an appt with the orthopedic dr for my knee next week.
Lots of folks are heading to the Kentucky Derby this weekend...My sis goes every year,,,I dont even know the horses names but she and her friends bet on the horses and win every year,,,,,I have been to Churchhill Downs and it is quite the place...
Well I need coffee and get a few chores done...I brought half of my Chicken Parm home from the resturant and that will be my supper tonight... no cooking,here, I do need to decide the supper for tomorrow if Ken is home...Some times the job goes into the weekend...He will call..
.If It gets cooler I may make some banana bread as the fruit is going ripe and I either need to use it or freeze it...Hope you all have a great dayXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FLo just read your post,,,,We dont plant tulips till fall here,,,Do you have a secret I dont know?????

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu May 02, 2024 5:47 am

Good morning and Happy Thursday, I have to say April was a tough month, seems I was sick most of the month. Well May is not starting out so good. On my way to work yesterday, I was in the right hand lane of a road that is 2 lanes both directions with a center divider. About a block or so before I was going to turn right to head to my first patient's house, a gentleman in a Medical Transport van fell asleep, veered over and into my lane hitting my car on the driver's side in the back. Not sure what the cost of repairs will be. Waiting for my insurance company to call me to make an appointment to send out an adjuster. I was able to rent a car for the time being. Other than muscle ache and pain I am okay. Just not happy at all with the situation. I have officially decided not to start May until today!

Lori funny when my son was here and symptoms of bad cold, etc I told him he needed to take a Covid test, he didn't want to (they have different feelings about it in SD where he lives) yep I pulled the I am your Mother and you have to do what I say! He took the test, luckily it was negative.

Tina I thought about that when you said you spent 61/2 hours outside working. Please, please do what the doctor says. Remember there is only 1 you! Sewing is not stressful (well unless you are making mistakes LOL). Prayers that medication will take care of it.

Judi yes NSAIDS can increase your risk, more often in people with current heart disease but also if you don't. I do take them but not on a daily basis. And Tylenol can affect your liver. So I usually try to just lay down to deal with pain but will take IBU on occasion.

TinaB hope the Monday appointment goes well. Condolence on the passing of your friend. I am hearing more and more of husbands who don't get rid of stuff. Boy I have considered sending mine on Vacation for a month and then explaining I have no idea where this or that went when he gets back!

Sharona when I was younger, the neighbor lady was from India, the neighborhood though I belonged to her. Nope, my sisters are very white, me not so much. Even my sister who had dark almost black hair is very light skinned. Speaking of my 8:30 patient, when I called and told her I would not be there (was on the way there when the guy hit me) she actually got upset that I had to delay the visit. Oh my, not understanding at all. She cancelled but then did call back and said she was sorry to go ahead and come a bit later.

Chriss yes that is an expensive ruler, waiting for the pattern to see if I really need it or can substitute something else. The patterns have not been received by the shop yet, may go by there today and see if they have come in. Wondering if you should take a break with all your cleaning?

Maryz I have thought about taking a trip cross country but then don't want to spend the $$. I will get a nice little chunk of change from Dad but holding onto it for now. I have to really think this through. He would not want me to waste it. Dad was getting those shots in his eyes but not for MD, it was for something related to his diabetes. Funny, I only have one wing up on my cutting table too for the exac t same reason.

Maryq I never even thought of May day! How are the patches coming?

Jana glad the cinnamon roll making went well. Sure wish I could try one! Glad your part is in place and working. My DH is more mechanic minded, you know the old Gerry rig it? When I ask him to fix something I have to remind him I want it fixed right.

Lyn where are you waking up today?

Today I have 4 patients (one carry over from yesterday) and some charting to catch up. I was on hold for almost 2 hours with the insurance company yesterday and then told DH just call back on his phone. He got right through. Wasn't able to talk to my adjuster but hoping she will call today.

Well, I best get to getting. Need more coffee and to move around a bit. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu May 02, 2024 6:17 am

Good morning from Judsonia, AR.

On our way to Whittington, IL, just south of Mt Vernon. Hope to stay ahead of rain coming up from Texas. I'll read this afternoon.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 02, 2024 6:20 am

Good morning,

BECCA - I hope you find every place you need to be today. How did we ever find our way around before GPS? We no longer have to have our cars inspected as they didn't find enough vehicles on the road anymore that didn't pass inspection to make it worthwhile to keep the inspection stations open.

LORI - glad I'm not the only one who sews without bobbin thread! Our sew/vac shop is having a 30% off everything sale on Saturday. We have to go to Tacoma today or tomorrow to get our car out of the shop and Bill says we're going to stop at S&V shop "just to look". He always thinks I should get a new machine. Who knows - maybe I will this time. And if I do, it's going to gave a bobbin buzzer!

TINA - for sure not the news we were expecting! Please take it easy - though I do know sometimes that's harder than actually doing all the chores that wear you out! What are the two tests he wants you to have?

TINA B - so sorry to hear of your eye issues! Bet that was a surprise. Glad to hear things are improving. You are right - we all hang onto too much stuff. But it will give our kids something to do "later". It will make up for all the times we had to clean up their rooms.

SHARONA - I've never heard the term "candling" in relation to trees. What is that? When I'd ask my dad a question like that he's always tell me to "think it through". So I'm going to take a wild guess that it means when new growth is still in the bud stage and the shape is reminiscent of a candle flame? Am I close? So nice to have some one on one time with your DGS and feed him. I love it when we see ours like that. Wish it could be more often. But they are busy. Your hamburgers on tortillas with green chile and pinto beans sounds interesting. How do you do that? I know, I know - think it through, Mary.

CHRISS - good work on the garage. Be careful tossing stuff too soon. There is a reason they made up that old adage - "act in haste, regret in leisure". See what all you've got in there before ditching some things. Is Richard, Dad, or Noah interested in anything? And when you know it's ready for donation, check with your nearest food bank if you don't have anyplace else to take it. Our food bank will take nearly anything, not just food, to help folks get on their feet again. BTW, I agree about garage sales. Such a lot of work for little gain.

MARY Q - do you need special equipment to digitize things? Could you do it yourself? What fun to be able to do your own people! Have you finished those patches yet?

LYN - On the road again . . .๐ŸŽถ Hope your travels today are smooth sailin'!

FLO - are you planting tulips and daffodils? Here they are planted in the fall, but I'm sure they'll bloom fine for you come next spring anyway. Unless you have a lot of squirrels. They love tulip bulbs.

JUDI - I hope you get that last quilt finished today. Then the quilting starts. Have you started your new quilt yet? You'll have to refresh my mind on the name of it.

VAL - oh so sorry to hear about your accident! Good Lord! I hope that driver wasn't transporting a patient! I wonder if he still has a job. I pray you got the bad juju out of the way for May! My DSIL is due to retire in 20 months (but he's not counting, of course. :lol: ). Right now they are just renting an apartment in VA. Their plan is to buy an RV and travel their first year or two and visit places they are interested in for their retirement home. By utilizing Escapees, Boondockers, Harvest Hosts, and other such organizations, it's not so expensive. We had a Boondocker here last year that traveled from FL and only paid RV park fees twice. Fuel in most of the country isn't nearly as expensive as it is in CA either. I was looking at your project - I bet you could manage that patern easily without purchasing a new ruler.

Yesterday I played Miss Daisy. Though to be honest, I do that most of the time anyway. Our car is in the shop to have the "lane swerving alert thingie" repaired. Turns out we need an entire new steering wheel and they had to order it so we have a loaner. The part alone is $2,300. Diagnostics is $200. Not sure yet about labor. Fortunately, we purchased ext. warranty when we bought the car used 4 years ago and this is all covered. Whew! Only Bill is on the approved list of drivers so he had to take me to chiro appt yesterday, grocery, and to pick up our mail. (got my Frozen fabric!). Today he has to drive me to my massage appt. And we might have to go pick up our car if they get it fixed so he wants me to tag along so we can stop and look at new Berninas. I'm happy with mine, but he always thinks I should have a new one. I told you - he's different from other husbands. So, we will look to see if there's anything that might tempt me when they go on 30% off sale on Saturday. As for sewing, I have 7 Ohio star blocks finished and 8 more half finished. There are 30 9-1/2" blocks in all in these SSC quilts. And I found out yesterday that my chiropractor (father/son team) is having a new baby in Sept. So I have a baby quilt to make. The last baby quilt for them was sailboats because they lived on a sailboat at that time. Not sure what this baby will get. It's another boy. Maybe airplanes? Our weather is supposed to be nice today so Bill wants to grill steak. We'll split that and a baked potato and salad. It might even be warm enough to eat out on the deck. The rains return tomorrow afternoon so we need to enjoy what we can while we can.

Have a great day!

mary z
>^+^<

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 02, 2024 6:43 am

MARY Q just texted me. She spent the night with Evie and just got home. Her internet is down. She can't even access the forum with her phone. She said she is headed right for her sewing room to stitch up more patches and asked me to tell you all good morning and she'll be around later when she gets internet.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 02, 2024 6:55 am

Good morning!

Bright, sunny and burrrrrr cold!

Not much on my docket today. Just the usual Thursday uglies, trash day tomorrow. I do have my laundry done, so that's off the list.

Lila plays t-ball and somehow managed to get hit with a bat in the head yesterday. A small egg, so Aaron stopped off at the fire station and the crew checked her out. She's fine. The good news is there is a offer on Aaron's house and three showings last night too. The new showings were informed about a offer and one of them put in a offer at full asking price. Still waiting for exact details on that offer this morning.. all in all , a good thing. The new house is coming along quickly too. A bidding war would be nice, but we won't be greedy!

Well, the floor here is happening fast too. The end of the month, so I will need to start the disruption of life here. Moving furniture out of the way, packing up books, lamps etc. Well use the spare middle bedroom to store things. Daniel also has contact with the flooring rep directly from the manufacturer. The company Daniel works for is extremely well respected in the industry and the manufacturer rep is getting the flooring for us with a very nice discount. I'm good with that! So that will be ordered this week or next and delivered here to the house. So 8 fear all this will disrupt my sewing time! But will be so happy when it's done!

Time to jump in the shower, feed Mr Grumpy, and get presentable to run errands.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 02, 2024 7:54 am

Good morning. What a marvelous day today will be. I will sort through stuff both in the house and the garage and want to get a box in the mail to my brother-in-law.

I also have a small load of donation stuff and need to pick up a new accordion blind. And I have to follow dad's instructions about fixing that leaky faucet that we didn't get to. My riding lawnmower works well, and I know how to use it. And now that the sun is shinning just right I see some nose prints all over my windows. I can either wait till the sun moves a bit ot clean the windows. hmmmm, what to do?

Yesterday while going through things in the garage, I came across my son's stuff. While I was consolidating it, I found some old birthday cards. There was money in those cards. I found $34. I told him about it and left the money in the tote.

Moose has something going on with his leg. He sometimes walks on three legs. He's 10 years old and his breed lives 12-15 years. Sometimes he jumps up as if something bit him or pinched him. But sometimes he runs after whatever critter crosses his path using all of his legs. Crazy dog.

Sharona, Drat! Had I known yesterday was desk day I wouldn't have spent my day in the garage going through totes. Love that your grandson scored a breakfast burrito, I bet he loved it too.

Tinab, it sounds like you are getting great medical care where you are. Sorry about your friends passing, seems like, at our age, people start passing away. Hopefully they are at peace with God and headed in the right direction. That is one of the things that really helps me with Jerry's passing. He knew where he was going, and I know where he went. I'm in your corner with cleaning out the clutter. Amazing the junk we stuff in our houses and garages. I am enjoying de-junking. You could call your de-junking organizing.

Tina, so glad you found out what is needed to help your heart. Extra glad you listened to your body and sought treatment. Thankfully doctors are more skilled and probably consider these procedures routine. If you need relax time you could come here and help me in the garage. It's sit-down work and organizing can be quite relaxing.

Lori, glad dad is able to work most things out. Can you walk to his house or is he further away than that? He is blessed to have you help him.

Becca, hope you find all the plants and groceries you are looking for. Nice about your son's good deed. very cool.

Flo, burgers, cookies and planting trees. you are a productive girl. Dogwoods grow in the mountains here. it's too hot at my house for them. We do have a lot of redbuds here and they are beautiful.

Judi, glad that knee can be seen next week. also, glad dinner out was nice. Love chicken parm.

Valerie, I do take lots of breaks while going through things. And pretty much sit down while sorting stuff. There is just so much and it's everywhere. There are things here that weren't fixed correctly and are now needing attention. Drives me nuts. Come get me and we will crash Jana's party and have us a cinnamon roll or two. Sorry about the car, guess I'll drive us to Jana's. hope the med trans guy didn't' have a patient in his van.

Lyn, good morning, hope you stay dry as you outrun the rain.

Maryz, I grilled a steak yesterday. And also grilled chicken. I did quite well for my first time grilling chicken. Moose had a steak bone last night. hope you find something you can't live without in your viewing of new machines. I've never heard that old adage. My junk will go to a thrift store that helps support a Christian school in Merced. Most of this stuff has been in the garage for more than 20 years. I'm pretty good at figuring out what to keep and what to get rid of. It's keeping all the junk that got this whole mess started in the first place.

Jana, I so want a new floor. I keep wondering how I would move all this furniture to lay the floor and then put the furniture back. And could it be done in sections. Main floor then the bedrooms. Someday, but probably not any time soon.

Maryq, good morning.

the donation place opens in an hour and it takes 30 minutes to get there. that gives me time for breakfast.

You all have a super day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:02 am

Good morning everyone ๐ŸŒž
Becca, I hope you find the places needed to go.
Lyn, safe travels.
Flo, that's a lot of planting.
Maryz, how fun to shop for a new machine! I just realized mine is 14 years old, I'm hoping it lasts for another 10 at least ๐Ÿคž
Maryq, hi!
Valerie, oh my goodness, so glad you're ok! Be careful out there, lots of crazy unobservant drivers on the road these days.
Chriss, funny you should say about dejunking being relaxing, that's when I started having problems LOL but I do agree it is relaxing.
Frankie is going to put Rosie in their washing sink thing, I'll wash her and then he'll dog towel dry her and set her on the floor..... that shouldn't be overexerting, I'll just be standing in one place......I will do only her today though and if I feel ok do the Duncan tomorrow. That should be ok right? Holly said her and the kids will come over this weekend and clean for me. ..... I didn't realize it but this is stressful on me, I am used to doing and my brain won't be quiet about what needs to be done. I'm trying though, I'm sure you all can relate.
I'm thinking fish for supper and maybe fries in the air fryer, I'd like to say a veggie too but that would be too much food. I'd rather have asparagus......hmmmmmm I'll have to decide later, maybe I'll have asparagus for lunch.
You all have a great day!
Prayers for those in need ๐Ÿ™
Tina
Last edited by gershwin64 on Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to โ€œSew insโ€