Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday April 27th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday April 27th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 am

Good morning It is rining and warm here already almost 60...we will reach 78 today,,,with Thunder storms,...We have a hockey game today, Ryker is playing,,,so we will go to that. then home to do what ever we need to do. Today would have been my Moms 104th birthday,
I dont have much news here Yesterday was a fun day with Miss Navy,,,she sure us entertaining and puppy LuLu and I have become best friends too,,,she love to play fetch,,,Val is doing well,,therapy is helping her some with her pain and it hurts to watch her struggle...but we have a good time..
I havent sewn at all but I have 9 more blocks to make and assemble the last Christmas quilt top. If I get it dome I will be firing up the LA to quilt all 4. I am kinda done with christmas.....
My nephew needs prayers. When he was in his 30s he had to have a hip replacement due to a tumor on hos hip ( it was benign) but it was necessary to do a total hip replacement at that time...the hip appliance was recalled ( Imagine that) but they checked his and he was told it was fine and nothing needed to be done...11 yrs later (Now) the hip had started to deteriorate...so a second hip replacement was necessary,,,Thursday they took him in and after many hours of trying they could not get the hip replacement out of the bones...they had to go back yesterday and finally were able to get the new hip in place..he is in for a long recovery.
Well I need to get dressed as we have ahour drive to the game...and I am sure Ken wants breakfast...Hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo

Becca

Re: Saturday April 27th

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 am

Good morning everyone Going to be a pretty day weather wise Already in 50s

Thank everyone for their Prayers for Brodee Hes such a sweet boy Has a quiet & sweet spirit about him So opposite from Hadlee

Judi My what a time you Nephew has had I pray he heals soon and can get back to his life
Glad you had a good day with your little cutie
Chris I plan to just plant tomatoes and peppers here and a few flowers to deter bugs and help pollinate
We let anyone in Church get what they want It’s put on tables for selection

Going to be a slower day here Been a busy bee I did my closet and drawers yesterday amazing how untidy they can get
Have a wonderful day and smile and be an encourager. Becca
Maryz Merrigolds deter bugs
Last edited by Becca on Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 am

deleted because it duplicated itself. Operator error.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 am

Good morning,

JUDI - my hip hurt just reading about your nephew's hip woes. My gosh - and this poor guy is a fireman, specializing in tight spaces rescues?? What a hero he is! May God heal him quickly, completely, and once and for all! I bet Navy is a darling! Two is my favorite age. Well, 2-5, actually. They are so cute then. Your Val is a wonder. What a role model for everyone who knows her! I'm kind of done with Christmas, too. I have the last ten blocks of my fourth Christmas quilt half-finished. Then assembly. Just one more quilt to go and the colored fabrics are cut. Bill is quilting them for me, so I'm lucky there. Happy heavenly birthday to your mom. It also would be my brother, Jim's, 86th birthday. We both miss him every day of our lives.

BECCA - closet and drawer cleaning seems to be going around the forum lately. I did a little of it, too, but should do more. What flowers do you plant to deter bugs?

MARY Q - oh dear, how is your back? Are you feeling better today? Oh, I don't trust those sticky hooks at all! They either don't hold at all or they do what yours did. Sorry about the wall damage. The company deserves a good talking to about this. Did you by any chance notice if Joann's had any Frozen fabrics? I sort of decided I want to make a little quilt for Amara from Frozen - she loves that movie. And Lara's cat is named Elsa so I'd like to make her a kitty blankie out of Elsa fabric. But between gas (just passed the $5/gal mark here) and bridge toll it costs me $10 just to drive to Joann's. If your Joann's had it then my Joann's probably would, too, and I'd make the trip.

CHRISS - you are welcome to my share of Lois & Bill's crab and catfish. I'm going to go sit at another table if you don't mind. I didn't see you at Costco. But then we weren't filling our freezer like you were. We were in thesun shade and baby clothes departments. Sometimes our plans for the day go awry. And if your plans went awry yesterday, I'm glad it was the bathroom cleaning plans! Mine didn't. Ugh. Today's plans here are laundry.

LYN - I hope you got your phone all straightened out. A person can slowly grow old in a phone store. I get so frustrated. Electronics of any kind frustrate me. I pray the winds die down. They've been talking tornado warnings all the way up your route. Please be safe. When I say "keep the shiney side up", I'm really meaning it.

SHARONA - your weather has really been squirrly the past few weeks. But I guess that's April in CO. How are the blocks coming along? Tee shirts are so forgiving. And like Irish mentioned yesterday, I've made mine all different sizes and also used the smaller logos. Some even have little pockets and I've just left them in as well. For sure, they are like puzzles!

KATY - I'd love to see a picture of your snowman challenge. You are so busy in your yard. Did you get your basement all de-junked? House cleaned? How is your back holding up? Four months from one can of coffee?? That must be one big can. Doesn't it get stale towards the end? We use French roast beans and grind them fresh for each pot, but when we're on the road we use Folgers Black Silk grounds. But I buy small cans so keep them fresh.

JANA - I think I don't really like your HQ dealer either. It's a nice drive to Logan. You'll like it. You can pack a lunch and make a day of it! Glad the dust devil didn't get you! I've heard that difference between dust devils/tornadoes. My memory jog to help me recall which is which is that the devil comes from "below", as in the ground. I know - I have to remember two things just to remember one, but it works. Funny story about finding the credit card. I love stories like that - when they are on the menfolk. But I've done it, too. Were we ALl at Costco yesterday?? I didn't buy milk so didn't run into you. Sun shades, baby clothes, veggies, and a lazy susan charcuterie board were the big purchases of the day for us.

I love my haircut. At least I loved it when Shirley the Hairdresser fixed it. We'll see how it goes today when Mary the Clumsy fixes it. We have no plans for the weekend except to do 3 loads of laundry. Bill finished quilting my 2nd Christmas quilt - a SSC - and next up for him is the log cabin. I'll have another SCC ready for him by tomorrow, I think. We're going to grill burgers today or tomorrow. Or maybe bake pork chops inside. Kind of depends on the weather and the HOH's wishes.

Have a super Saturday!
mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

Good morning ,

It's quite chilly out and we have no plans here today so it will be a sew day here.
Everything is done in the house including laundry.
I will be working on flying geese today they will be 1 of the borders on the fishing quilt for Bill.
Mary you asked about my sewing space I keep fabric upstairs and have the ping pong table to lay quilts on getting ready to quilt.
My cutting table is in my sewing room and my ironing board is in the dinning room so there you have it its a small house.

Judi have fun at the hockey game.
Becca glad thing slowed down for you I hope everything is going well.
Mary q is your back feeling any better I cringed to here about your back sorry about your wall .

Well thats it for me today have fun.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am

Good morning!

Another rainy day here. That's a good thing, free lawn watering! I'm good with free! Daniel wants to get the tractor out and goe over his maintenance checklist for it. He rice farmed for awhile and maintained those big tractors.

I have two sides left to sew down, by hand, the binding on the quilt. That and fix the medium size pouter- folded fabric mistake, in the quilting. Some of the backing fabric folded over, so I ripped out that section of quilting and straightened it out. Thank goodness it was right near the edge. So I could. I'll put the quilt back on my LA and re-stitch that area - maybe about 5 minutes of work.

I love Costco for littles clothes! But my littles are mostly outgrown of those sizes! They really don't stay littles for very long!

The check for my Solara arrived yesterday from the insurance company. All but my deductible and the medical, which we are dragging our feet on, just to be sure Stu is fine. Which he is, so far. Also some special size boxes I ordered for Michael to store his train cars in. That project will keep him occupied and out of my hair or anything that's my domain for organizing! I do, let him, have one cupboard in the kitchen that he's allowed to change and reorganize to his pea pickin' heart's content! That cupboard holds the microwave, cereal and his protein drinks. Yes, my microwave is tucked away, out of sight. We leave the doors open while it runs to make sure there's ventilation. I detest the over the stove ones and like my counter tops clean with very minimal things on them. I only have a cookie jar, a kitchenaid mixer and a toaster out on my counters.

Well, it's time to fix breakfast,
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am

Morning
It's been raining here for 2 days with 2 left...then middle next week another 4 days of rain.. Things are very soggy.
Judi, Joe had a hip replacement in 2015. He actually needed it for 20 yrs and VA kept putting it off. His replacement was needed because in 1984 we were in a car accident and his femur went through his hip. We refinanced our Cali home and paid for it ourself. The doc actually had to grate his femur to bone graft the hip...then a mteal plate was put over graft. I hope everything is fine.
I have a turkey breast in crockpot for family supper. I will also make a pie & sourdough bread ..DGD will help with baking cookies.
Need to scoot
Flo

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 am

Good morning Girls

Happy Saturday!! Last night I promised myself that I would do chores today.... Have you ever walked around your house trying to remember the last time you dusted? Well, I can't remember so I guess that means I better do it today. "If you can't remember the last time, it's been too long"

Judi... Whilst I dust and clean today I'll keep your nephew in prayers that his heals quickly with the least amount of pain possible-and good meds to help him through it. MANY years ago I had a cousin that sold "hips" to hospitals--these big metal pieces that replaced the sockets and ball joints. I'm sure science has come a long way since then!

Becca.... How does that happen? That drawers and closets can get so easily messed up? I think the gremlins that make other messes in my house enjoy the back end of my closet as I often find stuff shoved back in there. I know right now there are a couple quilts tucked back in there and some bed pillows I don't know what to do with!

Maryz... I didn't see any Frozen fabric yesterday but then I wasn't looking for it. I did notice that licensed fabric was on sale 25% off. I peeked on line and there is some there but even the sale price is $9.74/yd and if you buy on line you have to buy 2 yards min. I have one tiny little scrap piece in my stash you are welcome too! Did you get your hair cut pretty short? I'm so envious of your curls! I got mine cut a week or so ago and it's SO short, easy to care for but shorter than I normally wear. It's ok, it grows! Are you back to red-head again?

Lois... What method do you use for making flying geese? There's quite a few out there, but I always seem to go back to making them El's way, with her FG ruler. I like that you can get 4 FG out of two squares of fabric.

Jana.... Don't you hate that when you find a big pouter on the Back!!! Luckily on the edge. I did a quilt on my reg. machine one and had at least 1/2 done and checked the back... it was all eye lashes on the back--tension off and I was surprise I got that much done. Thankfully it was pretty easy to take apart, but then it meant re-pinning it all UGH!! Nice that you were able to get paid for your car so quickly. But better news is that Stu is doing well.

Flo.... You sure have been busy with all your gardening projects! It's going to look so nice when you get it all planted and all the flowers are blooming. As soon as it warms up up here, I'm headed to the nursery for some pretty plants.

Irish.... Normally I have really good luck with the 3M hooks, they come right off, but this stuff was on a roll of clear tape, probably I ordered it from Temu or someplace dumb like that! Just a warning for y'all! Isn't that the way it goes.. you get a top done, and then the challenge comes in finding the right backing? Even with all the choices in my garage, I sometimes just don't have the perfect thing I want. I finished a little top the other day from a layer cake of palm trees and flip flops -- really summery... do you think I'd have SOMETHING I could use? Nope!! So the top will sit for a while longer!

Chriss... I googled your new Singer Machine!! It's gorgeous!!! Hope you get it soon. It sure looks like it would be a lot of fun. I don't use fancy stitches too often but they sure are fun. I find I like button hole stitch for doing applique and there's a couple of "over lock" stitches on my Janome that I use a lot for if I sew something that shreds a lot. I'll be anxious to hear how you like it once you have it in hand!!!

Yesterday I did get to the NP to have her tweak my back... there's a muscle across the back from center out to the right just under my bra strap that gets angry and needs to be pushed back into shape... Hurts like hell and I asked the NP if I could have another baby instead, it would be less painful! It's going to take a couple of treatments but she recommended some stretches and some ointment for it! After than I ran up to Joann and luckily found the same background fabric I needed to put my March Lotto winnings together, so I got those all done yesterday afternoon. Maybe after chores today I'll get them all sewn together and I think I bought enough of the background to make borders! This will be a record for me ---to get a lottery winning done in the same year!! :lol: :lol:

Now that I've had some liquid ambition I think I'll get to work. It's FTD --floors toilets and dust day!

Wishing you all a marvelous day!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
My internet was off and on yesterday and I had Jazmyne, Easton and Preston so didn't get to post. Easton sure helped his Papa around the pond, he's such a good helper. Preston helped a little but he preferred to play and Jazmyne helped move a few big rocks. The wind and dirt got really bad yesterday and we all had to come inside early. We're to get hammered with it again today. I wish it would rain to settle the dirt.
Becca, prayers for Brodee πŸ™πŸ™
Val, happy late birthday to your little one, he's adorable.
Lyn, can you just pair your phones and transfer your contacts? I usually do that.
Maryq, how's your back?
Maryz, that would be an expensive trip to JoAnn's.
I have a ton of cleaning to do and don't think I can wait till tomorrow even though it may need to be repeated tomorrow from today, it can drive a person bonkers.....I can see why it did during the Great Dust bowl.
Supper will be leftover spaghetti.
You all have a great day!
Prayers for those in need πŸ™πŸ™
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am

Good morning everyone, Yesterday I was able to get on QIAD early in the morning but then after awhile the site wouldn't open, I couldn't get any of the threads to open. Not sure what that was all about but seems to be okay today.

48 degrees and sunny right now. Supposed to get to around 70 with strong winds and very high pollen counts. Time to stay inside. Still have cold symptoms so don't need allergy issues on top of it.

Irish I am highly considering wasting away today. I have the energy of a Sloth!

Chriss Did the rain every come? None here. I looked up that machine, cute little thing. When will you have it? Are you keeping your other machines? Uhm, I still haven't even bought tomato plants let alone planted them. I will likely not garden this year.

Lyn I think we are having winds but 45 mph? That's fierce. Forcast says about 15 mph here. Safe travels, I don't recall where are you heading?

Sharona I really need to take some time today to figure out this mystery quilt. I don't want to start over from square 1 but feel I need to remeasure and undo/fix what I can. I have a feeling some things are cut wrong.

Oh Maryq so sorry about your back. They can be a nightmare. Is it better today? Looking forward to those Lotto blocks all made up into a quilt. I love that pattern, may make me one down the road.

Katy you sound busy. I have been wanting to do a deep clean of the kitchen but just don't have the gusto to do it. Glad Jim is happier in his new place. Better food is a great deal!

Jana hearing of lots of tornados in the mid west. Stay safe, they can do some damage. How did you get Mr. Grumpy to clean things up. Mr. Grumpy here is the same way. No organization skills at all and I think Mama never made him pick up after himself.

Maryz I do wish I could see the kids more but it's close to 4 hour drive so hard to do in a day. Hotels are expensive in Reno (well probably anywhere). I may go up next weekend though as LIna turns 4 on the 4th. I found Xavier some summer outfits, Lina is getting an 18 inch doll and a couple of outfits for it. I told DD no American Girl doll till she gets a little older. How did the haircut turn out?

Judi how nice you get to spend some time with Navy. Don't they grow up fast. Josiah is now 2 but not too much in the terribles yet. Wow, 2nd hip surger at 40? That is young. Hoping this 2nd one came out better. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Lois I love crab, wish I could have joined you.

Tina not too many things better than left over spaghetti! I think the wind has been a problem in several areas of the country.

Well my work week is done in about 20 min, I do have some charting to do for my day shift people. Then after that I will see what I can do in the sewing room. Have a wonderful day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to β€œSew ins”