Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday April 24

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Wednesday April 24

Post by auntjana » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:02 am

Good morning!

A bit of a later start for me today. It was nice to sleep a extra minute.

We are having electrical problems, so Mr Grumpy is troubleshooting and we'll need a run for pieces parts. One being a new gfci plug.

I'm not one to celebrate Mother's day. I don't want to be bribed just one day a year - it's everyday! My kids all know this, but I granted a exception this year. I told Sarah to organize a working party, to finish the electrical in the new planters, trim the utility pipes sticking up, fill dirt and plant flowers. They were over last night to survey the order of work. Sarah found the stubs for the drip watering system, already and Daniel was getting his ducks in a row for the electrical. He knows his mom well and stubbed in the conduits so I can have lighted yard art and pathway lights. Sandee has extra dirt that we can fill the beds up. Sarah wants to top the beds with good potting soil. So they are already working. I am fronting the money, so it's just labor for them. Sarah and I will go pick out plants. Besides spring tulips, there will be summer annuals, most likely red and yellow petunias, and there will be foundation plantings, some types of small bushes, that flower. Sarah is also adding lighting throughout the yard. Mr Grumpy will be having a fit about me spending money, but he'll get over it! There's a phrase, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Works well here! LOL! I get away with a lot!

I have the short run, little girls for school pick this afternoon. Karlie first, then up to Lila and Gracie. There schools are about 8 minutes apart, so it's a easy setup. This afternoon Lila plays t-ball. The morning of my day is playing in the Batt Cave.

Enjoy the day! Oh yes, we will get one more dusting of snow here on the ground, always the first week of May. Never fails!

Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:28 am

Good morning!

Becca – how sweet of you to bake cookies for your neighbor’s husband. Have a great time at water aerobics.

Katy – I truly hope things slow down for you soon. I also feel overwhelmed with all the tasks, and mine are nothing like yours. And also, like you, I feel the need to chat. Boy that is a lot of rain.

Judi – those darn squirrels. My Ohio DDIL spent hours planting bulbs all over their yards. She looked out an hour after completion and the squirrels were having a feast on the bulbs. :x How wonderful to be at the tail end of all the photo sorting.

Lori – the pictures you have posted are beautiful. Enjoy class.

Maryz – that’s great advice about allotting time to tasks. We paid $2.79 for gas yesterday. My second sister used to be described as ‘madder than a wet badger’. I also would find it almost impossible to live with any of my sisters. I do good to live with my husband! Lol ‘Walking Lori’ – that’s a good one! But Dead Fred is still my favorite. Glad to hear Susie has improved from those dark days.

Tina – my DH told me yesterday that his dad told him there is nothing meaner than a cornered badger. I guess they had a lot of them out on the eastern plains. Yuck to the wind. Pasta salad sounds yummy.

Lois – yum – your dinner for tonight reminded me I have some hot dogs in the freezer.

Maryq – I also have things that need to be gone through after the shoving – and it’s been almost eleven years! Shame on me. Hope you get to open up some windows.

Jana – I hope you post pictures of your yard after the working party.

I could not sleep last night until after 2 – yuck. I ordered a solar bird bath/water fountain thingy from Costco, and then two planters that are self-watering. I had intended on buying the planters from Costco yesterday, but they wanted $124 each! There is no way I could justify that for something that will be dead in less than six months. Today I am headed out to finish piecing the t-shirt quilt, and then I will have to find backing. I had purchased Seattle Seahawk fabric, but the quilt has grown so much I won’t have enough. We are having Mississippi pot roast for dinner. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:16 am

Good morning. Wasn't yesterday the most beautiful day ever? Today will be the same. We should have nice weather for the rest of the month. Not sure why the online weather report says partially sunny on some days and partially cloudy on the others. The weather will be perfect for outside working.

Yesterday I got most of my yard work done. My 100' clearance needs a little touch up but it can wait. My dad came over and looked at my lawn mower, he thinks my issue might just be it needs new blades and a battery. I really don't need the riding lawnmower soon, so I told him whenever he gets to it is fine.

There was a refund from the assisted living facility that Jerry was in. Part belonged to my BIL the other part to me. My BIL told me to keep his portion. I think, I may buy a new sewing machine and get rid of a couple I have here. I love my Singer and it is in the shop, but I bet it's beyond repair. If it doesn't come out alive, I'm looking at either the Singer 9960 or 9985. I really don't' need many fancy stitches. There aren't Singer dealers near me so I will likely order online.

Today I want to start tackling my junkyard of a garage. I think, living a distance from stores, it's good to save some hardware items but things have been thrown in that garage for way too long. I don't know how else to do it but to start in one corner and go clockwise around the walls till I am done. Instead of tidying things up Jerry often built another shelf to put things on. I've got lots of shelves. I also need to go grocery shopping.

Valerie, you've been sick a lot recently. hoping it all goes away soon and you are back to yourself.

O'Dorothy, It is wonderful to love where you live. Glad you have nice neighbors. Yesterday I wanted something sweet too but since I de-carbed this house I have nothing. Instead I ate a handfull of shelled sunflower seeds. My baby quilt will be the one from the book, The Ghost Who Was a Quilt. I also have an ABC panel that I will do something with. But that all will be next month, or maybe in June. I do take time for myself. Moose and I go on walks and I spend my mornings with my bible study and here with you girls. I don't work from sunup to sundown. I still plan to be one of your cats in my next life.

Becca, I thought I heard that rooster crow, thanks for waking me up. What kind of cookies? He will love the special treat.

Katy, I am also on a de-junking mission. It sometimes seems overwhelming but since I've gotten a good hold on the fire clearance I can focus on other things. Happy cleaning.

Judi, I also don't want to put on a bathing suit. When I was overweight, I bought one of those kinds with a skirt over the bottoms only to find that when in the water the skirt rose up and exposed my thighs anyway. Just when I think I am done sorting photos I find more photos.

Lori, I almost feel that I am there with you. Love your photos. Thanks for taking me along.

Maryz, chili in the crock pot does sound good. I'd like mine with a hotdog, cheese and chopped onion please. I'm not a sit and do nothing person either. I like to be productive. Once I get that garage cleaned up, and it's a huge task, I will work on the inside of the house again. But boy that yard work sure makes a person sleep well at night.

Tina, I have one load of laundry needing to be done. Wonder if you'd notice if I snuck it in with yours.

Lois, the other day I had hot dogs, they were in the freezer and I just boiled them up and added a side of broccoli. They were really good.

Maryq, It's costly to live in sunny California. I was able to get rid of the suitcases. I gave them away on our local FB swap site. Don't tell but what I sometimes do is bag things up and put them in the donation free box. It's a big storage kind of a thing that you take clothes or stuff to and people go through it and take or leave what they want. It's a trash heap really but someone maintains it. I do have gravel in my driveway but the rocks I am finding are stuck in the ground granite big rocks. You know how a glacier in the ocean looks small on top but underneath the water it's massive. That's how my rocks are.

Jana, I believe this will be the happiest mothers day and the results will put a smile on your face for years to come.

Sharon, a good pot roast sounds wonderful. Here beef, roasts and steaks are easily 15 or more dollars a pound. I still just mostly get hamburger at Costco for $5 a pound and divide it into freezer bags.

Hmmm, dinner here? I have some Costco rotisserie chicken that needs to find a casserole so have plans for two dishes. One will be an enchilada sort of concoction without tortillas. The other will be broccoli, cauliflower rice with cream cheese as the "gravy". That should use up most of it. I should have separated it before I froze it. I also have a maybe 3 pound tube of Jimmy Dean sausage that I am thawing out, I want to make meat loaves to put in the freezer so I can thaw, bake and eat. I love meatloaf.

Tonight will be the enchilada concoction tomorrow will be the grocery store so that I can fill my list and not have to shop for a long while.

I'm off to finally get dressed and have some breakfast. I'll be in the garage if you care to find me.

Have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:20 am

Good afternoon from a sunny and getting warmer, SW. Pa....It is a gorgeous day, not a cloud in the sky but wait an hour or 2 and will probably have rain, lol.....

Becca, good for you to do so much and then make cookies for a neighbor, that's special....We have aerobics at our local Y but that would mean, getting in the car and driving about 2 miles and then actually be seen in a bathing suit, nope, not me.....I have been thinking of starting to walk on a little walking trail not too far from the house...My neighbor told me yesterday, she walked a mile in the MS walk on Sat. and that made me feel like a slacker, I should be doing more.....Keep up the good work and for sure, we love to hear what you're doing.....

Katy, Oh boy, you're not alone in the overwhelm department....There are so many things I want to do and can't seem to get any one thing accomplished...I'm trying to finish a quilt, the blocks, I embroidered years ago, and decided it's time for it to be done and on my bed...But, matching up fabric is my problem but I think I've finally got it...But, then when I think of all the other stuff that needs done, I feel guilty hiding in my sewing room, lol, Well, not too guilty!

Judi, sure hope the knee is on the way to feeling much, much better....I think MaryZ has the right idea about the BioFreeze, it is good....Years ago, my Kathy took all or most of the pictures and made scrap books for herself and the boys..But, the ones, that I have left are now all in those photo boxes and in looking through, most of them are of the cats, quilts and my flowers...Kathy has made me albums of all our trips and those are really special..Hoping to get back on the trail and gather more pictures and memories.....

Sharona, Looking forward to seeing that Tshirt quilt when you're done...Those are a favorite of mine, just because each one kind of tells a story about the person.....

Tina, just saw a picture of a badger who had befriended a kitten...Hoping as it grows, it doesn't decide to be mean like it's ancestors....But, that badger was black and white and from the picture, looked so cute...Maybe it was a special kind, a non harmful kind.....

Chriss, It sounds like you know exactly what you're doing and so glad you and Moose have that 'Me" time....Had to laugh at you wanting to be a cat in my household....Honestly, there aren't too many felines that are as spoiled as BabyGirl, she does have me wrapped around her little paw....But, I will be honored to have you as part of my family.....

Well, now I need to run...I had a call from my sister, dinner and cards tonight at her house, which is great, BUT, message also said, bring dessert! So, I ran over to our Dollar General and picked up a yellow cake mix and maraschino cherries and made a pineapple upside down cake...Would love to have had fresh pineapple but had to use a can but they will love it, I'm sure....I did make chicken ala king yesterday and planned on having that but that can wait until another day.....When my sister beckons, I jump!

You all have a great rest of the day.....

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 pm

I lied, windy starts tomorrow so I'm outside again.
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”