Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday April 19th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday April 19th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 am

Good morning I am off to take my DDIL to the Drs..She can still drive but cannot lift her wheelchair,,into the car...it is about 20# I can do it...so we might even have lunch today too...Ill be back to check on y'all later..
I did get some sewing done yesterday and may do more when I get home...We may have a volley ball game toorrow I need to check....Ken is good he went to the rink today to see how his job is going,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
.XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Re: Friday April 18th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:33 am

Good morning,

I think today is the 19th. And yesterday was the 18th. Or am I confused (always a strong possibility!)

I was awake at 0330 this morning. There was no going back to sleep. I'm going to be struggling to stay awake later tonite at the dinner party we are going to🥱. But it's going to be a beautiful day while I'm awake!

TINA - Lymphedema is awful. I've been doing a little research on-line. There is a lympedema clinic in Tacoma, which isn't too helpful for you, but with telemedicine nowadays, maybe there's a possibility of at least obtaining some literature. I think there might also be one in Albq. I did see patients should avoid dairy, gluten, sugar, and processed foods. And there are clinical trials since 2016 of a new drug to treat it. It's good to get a cardiac work-up as lympedema can cause extra workload for the heart as it pumps the extra retained fluid.

JANA - things are looking up for you re the Solara. How is Stu? I bet he is sore. Don't rush to settle. Sometimes injuries can show up much later after an accident. T-ball is so cute. Our kids played, too. One little girl loved making sand castles at first base, sitting comfortably in the sand, humming a tune only she knew.

CHRISS - good news that things seem to be working out for you. And goofy Moose. He and Scottie would so get along! Something (fox? coyote? owls?) has been in our woods the past few weeks and if Scottie can get out and loose, he won't come back, as he is determined to "get it". He could use some back-up.

TINA B - I like the way you think - fabric rewards for unpleasant dr appts! My Bill should get several yards, don't you think? I could choose it for him. :lol:

LORI - I plan to make a total of five Christmas quilts, four of then Scaredy Cats - for my sis, two DDs, and myself. We are all cat lovers. I have two tops finished and two more cut out but set aside for the moment. The fifth Christmas quilt is my log cabin. I just posted a picture this morning of that one. You are flying to Santa Fe Sunday? The Miraculous Staircase is in the Loretto Chapel. If you have time at all, it's very well worth checking out.

SHARONA - glad you can avoid gall bladder surgery if you can. And so sorry to hear of your other health concerns. Do you have My Chart where you can simply report to your dr your new symptom, shortness of breath? He/she should probably know about that. Prayers for your sister's SD's surgery. How is your DBIL doing?

IRISH - there's just too much hard work going on at your house! Mulch, top soil, and plants. Oh my! How was Bingo? Did you win anything? I love Bingo. In fact, our first sheltie (0f 7) was even named Bingo.

LYN - I'm familiar with the 'use up the food before we travel' routine. When you leave the house this time, will you be back again before going north?

JUDI - Well? How goes the HST's? Trimming tons of those little suckers can chase the sew-jo right out of the sewing room! My QIAD trimming ruler helps a lot, but still . . . . they get tiresome. Is Mr. Ken all better now? Seems he came down to death's door just as it was time to get started on windows. Cooincidence? I think not.

MARY Q - did I miss you somewhere along the line? You'll be around, I know.

Yesterday I drove Bill to eye dr (he's doing fine) and then to three different drug stores looking for cheater sunglasses. We ended up back at the first store, the only one that carried them. We came home and I spent a few hours sorting, refolding, and restashing all my Christmas fabrics while he took a nap. I washed a few long lenths of fabric and dried them on the clothelines. I hate using the dryer for long cuts - they get so tangled and wrinkled. Then Doyle and Susie asked us to their house for a spontaneous glass of wine and some "old cheese and stale crackers" as he worded the invitation. She is still hobbling around on her boots, using a walker for balance, but she is home, and easing back into her life. She is happy!

Today, I'll be sewing 8 dinner napkins for my friend, Carol. Beautiful blue fabric strewn with white hibiscus that she brought from Hawaii. It will be a joy to work with this fabric and a nice change from my usual sewing. I am also making a Snickers Cake to take to a dinner party tonite with Bill's group of "Y" friends. I don't know what's for supper but at this house it's always good!

Wishing everyone full bobbins!
mary z
>^+^<

womster

Re: Friday April 19th

Post by womster » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:18 am

Good morning!

Judi – I hope your DDIL hears some good news today. Lunch as a reward sounds great.

Maryz – I didn’t know there was such a thing as cheater sunglasses. I bet you had fun petting all your Christmas fabric. DBIL is about the same. We’re meeting them for breakfast tomorrow so will get an update. My sister’s DSD is doing well. Since I can’t use QIAD’s message board (I think it hates me!), I sent your message via Messenger – part of Face Book. Cheese and stale crackers – that’s funny! Your kind to make those napkins.

Tina - sorry for the diagnoses of lymphedema. You are on my prayer list.

We got some more snow yesterday and more on the way today. DH is trying to get the lawn aerated (which he did) and then fertilized today. I will be sewing! I’ve sewn together three of the six rows, so things are looking up. The quilt looks weird to me – since it was made from so many different sizes of t-shirts (some were a size 6), it is wider than it is long. But, progress over perfection! Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 am

Good morning Girls

Happy Friday!! Sorry I missed posting yesterday. I did have a big long post all typed and then for some reason I got logged out of the QIAD all together! Not sure what the issue was, but I didn't follow my own advice by "copying/pasting" the post --If I highlight and "copy" I can go back and paste, if I get logged out.

I was supposed to spend most of my day cleaning the house for company coming this morning. I'm having a lawyer friend of DDIL Kris's come over and discus my will and other end of life stuff. I've stalled washing the kitchen floor and running the vac until last minute this morning. I know, I know, I should have done it all yesterday, but I really wanted to spend some time in the sewing room. I think I need to clone me.... one of me can sew and the other one can do chores!

Lots to catch up on with all of you since I missed yesterday, but I hear the vacuum calling my name. I'll go get the chores done and perhaps after my meeting I'll come back and check in.

In the meantime, I wish you all a Fabulous Friday!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:49 am

MARY Q - there you are! So I guess you'll be a whirling dervish of cleaning today? Bummer.

SHARONA - Glad things are looking up for everyone in your world. You are making progress on that quilt. It can be a bit of a headache trying to fit blocks of different sizes together. Sorry, I don't do Messenger. Some years back we did, but Bill, my guru, found out it's not secure so he shut me down. And I'm rarely even on FB. So, if you want to send me a message, text or e-mail. I will get either of them immediately. Or you could even go the old fashioned route and call me! But I'll never see a Messenger message.

mz

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Judi, enjoy your day with your DDIL 🥰
Maryz, hmmmm haven't run across the drug trial info yet, can you send me the link please? So far I've discovered lymphedema diets from 1 extreme to the other, one is totally vegan and my Dr did say not to go crazy 🤣😂 oops I'm already there 🤣😂 oh wait she was talking about foods. And of course she said each person has to do trial and error because what might work for some might not work for me and that's why she's wanting me to see if I can find a lymphedema dietitian, there's a whole spectrum out there.
Is Bill seeing crystal clear yet? I sure hope so 🙏
The napkin fabric sounds gorgeous!
Sharona, wonder what's going on with the messenger board on here for you, kinda crazy huh. I've had lymphedema for a very long time, I was diagnosed......gosh 15+ years ago maybe? I can't remember..... before that diagnosis I was called "just fat" 💔 by an endocrinologist and that really put me off of going to Drs. It has been such a struggle for me and I can literally gain 10 pounds in 24 hours..... there are days that my legs feel like the skin will literally explode open from the skin being so tight from the swelling. But I don't usually talk about it because there's not much that can be done about it or if there is insurance won't cover it or if they do then the copays would be more than our total income 🤷 I just do what I can 🤷
I bet your yard will be beautiful!
Maryq, I was wondering where you were yesterday, when I came on and read I didn't see your post and even went back through to see if I had just missed it. Crazy things happen with electronics.
I'm feeling better this morning and my house looks awful so that's going to be my day, I can't stand it anymore. I only have 6 things left on the table from the closet so that'll be first. Laundry hamper is full full so you know that'll be going on, floors are disgusting, I'd be totally ashamed if anyone came over.
I have 2 new pasta recipes to try so 1 might be supper tonight, I'll have to let Jazmyne know because she loves pasta and asked me to let her try it with us 🥰
You all have a great day!
Prayers for those in need 🙏
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 am

Good morning!

Seems to be bright and sunny today. We are warming up too. My yard is blooming and the grass needs mowing. Just what it should be!

Sarah and I got our wires crossed for a run to Costco yesterday, so I just went and behaved. Came home with just food and even no goodies! I've lost a bit of weight. Finally getting past this one weight I've been at for months. I'm now less than I was 24 years ago! Yippee! Michael has a cardiologist appointment this morning - Sarah takes him and I'm on school pick up run. Just the little girls as Ethan and Karlie have no school. Teacher development day.

Stu is doing much much better. Hardly any stiffness. He's helping Aaron paint at the for sale house. No nibbles, just the grippy look-y - loos that think for 20,000 dollars they should get a perfect huge mansion. The right buyer will come.

So I be sewing. A few housekeeping chores still to deal with the car.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 am

Tina, Lymphedema sounds terrible. I sure hope you can find some help and relief. I've found over the years that people really don't care if your house is a little messy or dusty. They care about you and spending time with you no matter what your house looks like. I'm sure your house is a lot cleaner and neater than most.

Jana, congrats on the weight loss. Those must be the new buyers that have never bought property before.
They have grand illusions of what they get for their money.

Maryq, make sure they know what to do with all the fabric. lol

Sharona, I'm with you, progress over perfection! A finished quilt is better than an unfinished quilt.

Maryz, My computer says it's the 19th. I was away about 3 because a certain black dog wanted to go outside. Then I lay away for a bit, but eventually fell back asleep to be awakened by a little Tortie cat about 6. Which incidentally just jumped in front of the computer. Apparently I'm not giving her enough attention. So I'll type a little and love her a little. It all works out. She's 19+ so she gets special attention. I will see if we have time to go see the Miraculous Staircase is in the Loretto Chapel. That's a lot of Christmas quilts. Everyone is going to be very happy.

Judi, nice Ken is getting back to normal again. For you as well as him.

Chriss, for clearance distance, just figure out how big you step is and walk it out. My is right around 12 inches so it' s pretty easy for me to figure out. I have short legs.

I finished up a Sashiko pattern yesterday. I'll probably make it a wall hanging instead of a table runner. It's called Coral Reef. Super easy. I need to finish up getting all my stuff together for my trip. Also grocery shopping for my dad. Tomorrow I'll make his dinners for the up coming week. I also need to do some more laundry at dad's today. I'll get in some sewing this afternoon.

Don't know what's for dinner, but it will be something easy.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm

DDil and I had a nice visit...we didnt go to lunch,,,her diet restrctions are very long list and she said sometimes its just a lot of bother, We did instead go to target. and (Gramma Val) bought some sippy cups sidewalk chalk and bubblw soap. prepping for the weekend (when Baby Navy comes to visit). She is doing ok and still working with the machine to help her walk and stand,,,
I do now have a full on head cold with an annoying cough...still neg for Covid....so I wont test again...its just a cold.....have a wonderful day,,,
Tina, my sister in law met with a Dr who does Lymph node transplants. My SIL had lymph nodes removed for cancer surgery many years ago...it cause severe Lymphedema a transplant guarented relief of the lymphadema.. unfortunately my SIL didnt have the surgery but it might be something you can look intto....xxxxoooo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm

What a busy day. I haven't even eaten anything yet today. Dinner will be a leftover hamburger patty from last nights dinner.

I had plans but they got thwarted. A friend called and said she was sending her husband to help me with my yard work. He got the riding lawnmower and the bushwacker thing started and we were off. I now have my 100 foot clearance. My neighbor offered to help with the strip between the fence and the road. He hasn't done anything yet but if I don't see progress I will just do it next week.

The bushwacker thing is a pull start and it takes a few pulls. But I got it done. Not sure what I did to the riding lawnmower but it isn't doing what it's supposed to do so I need to get it serviced, but thankfully the majority of it is done and I can use the weed eater and bushwacker thing to finish the job. Praise God, I am just so very thankful that job is off my plate.

Then I had a call from Social Security to see how much I would get in survivors benefits and it's more than I had anticipated. I'm going to be ok. I was holding my breath for a while there but am happy with the outcome. It's good to be me. I should see it hit my account the 3rd week in May because SS is always a month behind.

The only thing I need to do to wrap up things concerning Jerry is talk with the lawyer and have a new will, POA and healthcare directive made up. And I can wait a bit on that because the current documents name Jerry and then my son. So all is right in my world.

God has sure heaped on the blessings just like he said he would.

Jana, yay for the insurance payoff. They gave us a good amount when Jerry totaled his truck. What a blessing for you. High five to you for losing weight. It's exciting to see the scale go counter clockwise. very cool.

Tina, if I was there I'd cook for you. I sure wish they could just fix you. a lymphedema dietitian, who knew there was such a thing? I did google it and saw that there are foods that help. But you're right, you can go crazy about it. Dang girl 9 pounds, that's a sack of potatoes. high five to you.

Maryz, I bet that Susie is overjoyed to be home. How were the stale crackers? I'm pretty tempted to ship Moose to you, He's a stinker for sure and I'm sure he'd love to be on the hunt.

Sharon, it's probably going to be the coolest tshirt quilt ever. I'd love to see it. Crazy how were at 75* and you're getting snow.

Maryq, if you had a 3D printer you could clone you. Send an extra copy of you here so I can get some work done too.

Lori, Do you make 7 different dinners for your dad? Or do you cook one thing and make 7 things from it? Eitherway I bet he eats good. I have to admit, 100 feet isn't nearly as far as I thought it was. Give those critters and ear scratch or belly rub for me.

Judi, sorry you didn't get lunch but what a fun day. I bet that Navy is snuggly cute. Glad DIL is sticking with the machines. I really pray it works for her.

Allrighty, food is next on my agenda. I'm pretty hungry.

You all have a groovy evening
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”