Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THURSDAY, March 28th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

THURSDAY, March 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 am

Good morning.

I intend to be cranky this morning. After tossing/turning until 1:30 I finally fell asleep and at 1:45 BILL'S dog started barking at something, probably a coyote, for a full hour. And Bill never even stirred. I have decided to be cranky. I've earned the right and by golly, I'm going to exercise it!. And I'm ceding my half of the dog to Bill as soon as HE WAKES UP!

CHRISS - I don't want to be pushy - but any news yesterday on Jerry's move? And I like that you think of 30's fabric as cheerful. Me, too. But even more, they are comforting. They make me think of my mom's house dresses dresses. Flour was still coming in cloth sacks when I was little and she saved those sacks and made her dresses from them. So when I sew with 30's prints I think of my mom's hugs.

FLO - You will have a wonderful place for your morning coffee and happy hour wine!

Yesterday I finished my jigsaw puzzle so life can start up again. Today will be cleaning house. And making a few April lotto blocks - I think 3 this month. And Bill is almost done quilting my Scaredy Cat. I'm going to see if I can add the border I forgot. I think the back is big enough, and I have strips of leftover batting I can add. Then we can just do a simple quilting pattern in the border. We'll see how it goes.

Wishing everyone a fab day of sewing with your favorite fabrics!

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Re: THURSDAY, March 28th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

Good Morning Im not sure how good it iwill be. I got up got Ken off to work, made coffee and proceded to dump the entire cup on the counter down the cabinet and all over the floor. on my robe and jammies too...Laundry is going,,,and I will mop the kitchen floor..I also have to 2 bathrooms to do.
We had a great time at the guild meeting,,,no one stepped up to sew the QOV top together,,,I zipped my lip someone else will have to step up...I will still do the quilting,,but after making 8 blocks and volunterring to do the quilting I need someone else to do it. No one did so we shall see how it goes for the May meeting.
I did put about 15 quilt magazines and patterns on the table and they all got snapped up pretty quilckly. I didnt take anything,,,Today I will resume putting together the #3 quilt and finish it...I will need to get another batting as I donated one batt to the QOV and I am short one...I will wait for a sale somewhere.
Off I go to do laundry and clean up my floors...I bought one of those O Cedar spin mops and I love it...hands never touch the water no wringing or dripping...Hope you all have a great day and those of you who are having a crabby day I hope you get a nap when We were having crabby days my mom fixed them with cookies and milk....have some XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

Good morning Mary and all who follow, Mary I am going to follow your footsteps and be cranky myself. I also could not sleep last night. Have now been awake since 2:45. Wouldn't be so bad but 4 people to see today in Santa Rosa which is over an hour away.

Chriss I too am wondering where things are in Jerry's move. Would hate for you to be pushy but wondering if it's time.

Tinab I am having a hard time with Easter being so early this too. I did get a little chocolate bunny for DH but since the kids won't be here we won't be dying eggs or anything. Hoping Rosie is well on her way to recovery.

Lois I think the cleaning faires have all retired, they don't show here either. Have thought about possibly hiring a housekeeper but find spending the money for something I can do myself.......

Judi sending prayers for your DSIL. Glad that it is treatable.

Tina I am using the actual fabric in the picture you see. It is a BOM and they were able to keep the same fabrics.

Maryz I really don't get done as much as it seems like. I do try to set aside at least 30 min everyday to sew but it doesn't always happen. I don't do time lines. It will get done when it gets done. I do work a lot and don't always get to the chores. My back really doesn't like to do too many strenuous things so......I also have several projects going at the same time so seems like a lot is getting done.

Maryq be careful out there in all the snow.

Well, I need to get some charting done and a bit of sewing before I leave for my day in Santa Rosa. Not really looking forward to it but it is what it is.

Everyone have a wonderful day
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

Morning
Yesterday Joe moved big truck to back yard and we hand stacked 50 of the very large bags if potting soil....scary thought is we may need more! Then grands came over and before all that it was floors.
Today is grocery shopping while Joe starts building cedar planters for yard garden.
Chriss my prayers for you and Jerry. Call if you need a shoulder.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

Good morning!

It will be a raining day here starting in the afternoon. I need a quick grocery run, so will get that done early.

I too have that spin mop. Love it, except for the collapsing handle. I was thinking just last night about looking to see if I can change that handle out. A today look see.

I saw a ad from one of my quilt shops for a battery operated seam ripper. I got excited and started researching. It is made for us quilters, what, we make more mistakes than a regular sewer? LOL. Well, alas, my researching turned up nothing but bad reviews. It wasn't terribly expensive either.
So guess I'll stay with the old tried and true seam ripper. I had hoped.

It's Thursday, so a bunch of uglies need to be done. After they're accomplished, it's sewing time.

Still dark here, so as soon as it's light, I'll get started! Enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

Good morning,

It's another rainy day here but I'm not complaining it's on and off showers not lastweek storms.
Yesterday I went to put the dishwasher on and it made a terrible noise so I think its shot but for the time being will wash dishes I dont mind it's only the two of us.

Today I'm relaxing and dont feel like sewing sowith that being said I'm going to look at magazines and watch tv.

Well that's all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

Good morning all
Yesterday was interesting. I had to take Barney to see vet. I was told he had to have ablood test so I could get his heartworm pills. Well I dedcided to go with the shot. Its good for a whole year. Poor little dude did not do well with vet getting his blood so the vet asked me to go to his face. He quieted right down once Moma was there. He was really good with shot. Also got his tick and fle pill. Got him home he took a nap until food time. I had an 8:30 appointment. So I was up at 5.
After lunch I worked on my OWL quilt blocks. It has been too darn cold and wet to work outside.
Today I am going to town . Going to library , see Jim and visit two grocery stores and get gas. I dont need much.
Mary Although I got up early I am not cranky. LOL But I will need a nap once I get home from town.
It seems all I do is go someplace.
Flo WOW 50 bags of potting soil. I need about 4 and 8 raised bed soil. I will take off for Galesburg to lowes next week sometime.
Valerie I too have a hard time with an early Easter. We are supposed to get rain. I am actually going to fix a turkey that needs cooked.
Judi I dumped a cup of coffee all over my table last week. I really hate when I do this. Then I have to clean the table and the floor and wait on my coffee. I guess thats what tees me off. LOL Well I need another cup of Java before I get ready
Y'all Have a great sewing day.
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Sunny Thursday!! I think I'm finally going to get out of the house today.. The roads are clear and dry and I'm needing groceries badly!

Maryz... Next time that dang dog barks at 0145.... reach over and shake Bill awake!!!! Silly girl... How can men sleep through such noise? We had nice nice neighbors but one nite they were having a grand old party with LOUD music.. Ex slept right through it--even with closed windows and an acre of land between is the music was LOUD! I called and it took a while for them to hear the phone!!! I maybe wouldn't have even minded so much if it had been nice music---but it was heavy rock music.. nothing that I could even sing along too! SO, you go ahead and be grabby and if you don't get everything done your to-do list today, put it on BILL'S!!!!

Judi... Oh gosh, sorry your day didn't start out so great!!! Hope the day only goes UP hill from there! How many gals are in your quilt guild? And no one would step up to put at QOV top together? For a 1/2 a second I thought, OH I could do that... but that really isn't feasible is it!? I love those groups where everyone thinks doing SOMETHING is a good idea, but nobody steps up to actually DO IT! You are doing your part by quilting it. What kind of batting do you use? I do love W & N but for my purposes I get Pellon 80/20 from Walmart 96" x 9 yards for about $40. I didn't think that was too bad a price... and it's free 2 day delivery.

Valerie.... Being cranky is totally ok, tho I have to say I'm glad I'm far away from you and Maryz. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It just looks so funny to actually see piles of snow everywhere around here when our winter was so dry! But I give the DOT in MN a lot of credit.. they do a marvelous job keeping our roads clear. I even wrote to them one year and thanked them, as I'm sure it was when I was driving 30 miles to work in a snow storm!! And I can go online and see the traffic cameras around my area and can see how the roads really are!

Flo... My goodness you guy are busy around the "farm" .. Just don't hurt your backs moving all that dirt around. Would it have been easier to have a truck load dropped off? Maybe, but more expensive for sure. Hand your son a shovel this weekend!!! :lol: :lol:

Jana... You have a spin mop? I think I have tried every kind of mop they make and haven't found the "perfect one" yet. Do you have the O'Cedar brand? I might check that out when I go to Target today. Seam Rippers? where would we be without them. I know there are really good ones out there, but I buy them in bulk, cheap ones and use them until they just flat out die! There's just something comforting about having a large supply on hand!

Lois... Oh No!!! Now the dishwasher is bust!!! Is this the 2nd appliance or the third that has gone out on you. I Could probably get by without a dishwasher to as it's just me, but I find it's a good place to hide dirty dishes when I don't feel like washing them. You could always ask Bill to join you in the kitchen after supper for a little fun with bubbles---but don't tell him it's dishes until the last minute! :lol:

Katy... Barney sure just knows you are Momma doesn't he. I took my kids dog to the Vet the other day for her shots etc. She was such a good girl. She's an English Springer Spaniel and such a good girl for me when I baby sit her. Turns out the Vet is a Dr I've known for years as we used to take out dogs to her all the time. You be careful hauling dirt too young lady, we want no more problems with your back!!! Would there be a young kid you could hire to haul for you?

Chriss... Do you get all sorts of stuff on your Internet feed when you open it up in the morning? Like ads for fabric and quilt stuff.. How do it know? Computers are just so smart these days, you google for one thing and sure enough, for days later you get ads for those things. I so hope you get the phone call soon that they have Jerry's room ready for him. Have you been able to go check it out to see the place in person? It's great that hospice will take care of so many of the expenses for you. From what I understand, hospice then bills Medicare. Will you be able to kind of decorate the place with some of his favorite things... and oh yes LABEL them all!!! Things to tend to go missing from time to time.

Guess I better get going.... most definitely need a shower this morning and then I'm off to Target to get groceries. It's pretty bare around here and I was so hungry for a good old fashioned pizza last night I ordered from Papa Johns. Funny, it was good, but not as good as I remember take out pizza being. Guess I'll just stick with the little frozen ones.

Wishing you all a most awesome UN cranky day!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

Good morning everyone 🌞
Maryz, sorry that darn dog woke you up right after falling asleep, I know how that feels unfortunately.
Judi, oops sorry about the spill. Glad you zipped your lips, sounds like you've contributed enough someone else needs to step up. I have the O-Cedar spin mop and bucket too, I love mine too!
Valerie, thanks it's me with Rosie, she's acting like a puppy except for her limp. She's a funny little girl. Sorry you didn't sleep either and especially on such a long busy day. Your quilt will be so pretty!
Flo, wow that's a lot, hopefully you won't need more.
Jana, I've seen a demo on those seam ripper, to me it looks like a little electric razor and I could just see me cutting right through my fabrics. Why don't you like the handle on the mop?
Lois, more rain? I think you should share with me please. I have tv and magazine days too.
Katy, I'm glad Barney was ok with getting his blood drawn, he just needed to see you to know it was all going to be ok ❤️ You have a pretty busy morning planned too. I think a nap will be perfect.
Maryq, I don't think the chain place pizzas are very good anymore but maybe it's just our tastes change....but the one winery here that has an Italian restaurant in Cruces and does pizza night every other Tuesday here through the summer has amazing pizza...... maybe they just have me spoiled LOL
I was bad yesterday and didn't do any uglies, instead I sewed LOL I just might have a repeat day today too.
I think I'll make chicken fajitas for supper.
Oh, Dad was talking to a lady from church on the phone and she asked him if she could do anything for him and he said yes, he needs his house disinfected. She used to clean for Mom and she has a cleaning business. He went to the Dr yesterday and tested negative but he's still waiting a few more days to be around anyone plus he's very weak and has those tremors. I think the lady will go clean and disinfect his house next week. He said he'd feel better if a "professional" did it to get it extra clean.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

The ding dang handle on my O cedar spin mop keeps collapsing, down to the storage size. So as I'm right in the middle of a swab stroke, poof, it goes down. Other than that bug a boo, it is a terrific mop, gets behind the toilet for me, a big plus, since my hands and knees are out of the question!

I also have a spin brush cleaner thingy I bought off Amazon. It's terrific for cleaning the glass doors on my shower, the bathtub and the walls of the shower. Just spray the cleaner on, and then turn on the spin brush. There's one that is one of those as seen on TV spin brushes but mine is a bit heavier duty and has a more powerful motor. It's a lifesaver for me!

Yes, that battery seam ripper looks like a shaver and when I read it cuts the fabric if you miss, that's sold me on passing.

OK, the they lied, it's snowing now, so I will have to go out in it to the store.

Jana

Return to “Sew ins”