Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, June 9th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Friday, June 9th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:03 am

Good morning. It's another beautiful day today. I just love waking up to my morning routine and hearing the birds while the sun rises. It's a good life.

Jana, I don't get to start the day off here either. Whenever I see that I am first, or there is no traffic on the road, or anything where I appear to be sort of alone I wonder if the rapture happened and I was left behind. It's a weird feeling when things are out of whack.

Maryz, I think our LQS, where I am taking classes, has their sale this weekend. If only I needed something. Mmmmm, bug spray and sun screen, bet you smell heavenly, LOL. Safe travels home.

Lois, so glad your air is improving. that smoke can be awful. happy laundry, glad I did mine yesterday so I wouldn't get in your way.

Flo, yay for the mowing reprieve. A rain day delay can be a blessing

Judi, those colonial knots are like a one hit wonder for some singers. done and overwith. Hope therapy goes well and Ken is on the road to jogging around the block soon.

Valerie, I agree, God has it all figured out. Funny thing, when I prayed and asked what was going to happen everything I read or heard said that there is no knowing the future that God is in charge and there is no crystal ball. Not even for me. I do know that I have to be prepared for both the case scenarios. Classes are getting pricy, and I thanked the owner of the shop where I am taking a class letting her know I appreciate that she offers affordable classes. Glad Dad is doing well. This is the light pad I bought. It plugs into a charger cord or my laptop. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D5 ... UTF8&psc=1

Kathy, if you lived near me, I'd come get you and we would go to the outhouse races in Twain Harte, CA. I do know how to have fun. We'd have a root beer float, skip the margaritas and then go thrift store shopping. Hope your grumpies go away.

Lyn, hope the kids have a fun trip. And I hope the kitty litter does the trick. I just sprinkled saw dust in the garage under Jerry's truck. He also has a leak. My son has terrible allergies and also has a CPAP machine. It doesn't help him either. He gets it from his dad, wink wink

Maryq, Did you and KC have fun yesterday? enjoy that rummage sale. Now I want to go see who is having a sale around here.

I have to decide if I want to go do a little shopping this morning. Or should I just go play in my room?

You all have a groovy day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:05 am

Chriss, a root beer float sounds wonderful. I coming with you too.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:06 am

I have a low-tech way of crushing eggshells. I rinse them well. I have two jars with one fitting into the other (such as a peanut butter jar and a pickle jar) and I crush them. I put them around the garden.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:23 am

Chriss I may purchase that. I doubt in today's world and California we can get the supplies to make one that cheap.

I am also joining you on the root beer float trip. Haven't had one of those in ages.

Maryq I also have USB ports on my couch, loveseat and end table. I am all set!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:01 am

Good morning everyone!
I'm late today, went to the chiropractor and then picked up groceries for Dad.... we're on or way to drop them off. I'm the passenger so I can post 😁
Lyn, our son gave us a Roku tv and it has hundreds of free channels including Hallmark, bunch of Westerns and all kinds of movies, cooking shows, kids shows, sports... all free. We get our local channels from an antenna. Pluto has tons of free channels too, it's free. Plex too.
Chriss, I have that light box too, love it!
I'm planning on having an ice pack on me for today off and on....I did something to my left arm but I can feel it getting better already but he said no sewing or doing much today.
Jana, I hope it all works out and the other people take a nice pill.
Safe travels MZ!
Thanks Flo.
We're at Dad's, you all have a great day!
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:51 pm

Kathy, Valerie and Lori, lets all meet here and we will head to the outhouse races and have root beer floats, I'll treat.

Valerie and MQ. Only thing on my couch is a dog and a grumpy old man. I'd rather have a USB plug in.
Psalm 91

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:12 pm

I'm in.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”