Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday June 4,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday June 4,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:38 am

Good morning Everyone,

It's going as far as 68⁰ thats ok.
Yesterday I spent the whole day making frost Hill only to throw the block in the garbage the house must have shifted some how and the sled wouldn't fit on there the right way so I will try again today or not will see. :lol: .

I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Sunday June 4,2023

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:44 am

Good morning,

It's an early morning here (3:30) because Scottie started fussing to go out and then I got a cramp in my calf. Often curling my toes will stave off the cramp but not this one. Owie ow ow ow ow. Scottie waited patiently for it to pass so I could take him out. Such a good dog.

CHRISS - We are all here for you. It's a new day filled with new resolve. Jerry is lucky to have you to be his advocate. My last conscious thought last night was a prayer for you both. Your friend gave you good advice. Hoping you get to Stanford. (((hugs)))!!

BECCA - If all went according to plan, you are in your new place now, if not settled. I'm sure you had many hands to make quick work of the move. May blessings be upon you in your new home.

LOIS - sorry you had trouble with Frost Hill (January). Did you measure the location of the pieces before you ironed them down? That helped me.

Tomorrow morning we leave for Yakima for 4 nights on a wine-tasting trip. My sis and dbil will be going and two other couples will meet us there. We'll all be camped together at a state park. Al & Tina will leave from there to go home to Colorado and we'll be home Friday. So, today will be last minute packing and prepping food for tacos for tomorrow as we are feeding the entire crowd. It will be HOT so I want to get the meat cooked here and just heat it up in a small crockpot over there. Over the last few days I've been tracing OWL patterns onto my fusible and making a few background blocks so I've managed to get in a little sewing time here and there.

Happy quilting!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:58 am

Good Morning,,,Lois sorry your block crapped out....I am remaking a couple of 6 in blocks...they arent 6 inches for some reason...I hate HSTs and will try making them over sized and squaring them up to make the 6 inch blocks the right size...Im not even sure why they wonked out on me...I just know I hate HSts...
Maryz sorry your cramp woke you up or scotty which ever came first...you might over take me on the OWL after I spend some time doing a few other things....and remaking a couple of blocks....
I tried doing some weeding but didnt get a lot done...It was too hot out there around 90...so I came in and cleaned bathrooms...after supper Mr Bored decided he wanted to go see the kids..so went over to Colleens ( i have to drive) got home in time to watch the Vegas Knights hockey game...Stanley cup playoffs are always fun...I crashed and didnt even get in the sewing room as planned...it will be cooler today so I may try to sew later...hope your plans include something you want to do...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:35 am

JUDI - do you have the HST square up ruler? I have to say, that's a real game changer for me. They go more quickly and come out purrfect size. Bill gave it to me for Christmas one year and it was 2 years before I really looked at it to see what I had. I can't do anything outside in 90* heat. Glad you came in from the yard. How long until Ken can drive?

mz

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:39 am

Good morning everyone!
Lois, sorry your block misbehaved, hopefully today will be better.
Mary, Frankie gets bad leg cramps too, he'll shoot out of bed and rub his leg 90mph and some times there's bad words involved. He's drinking more water these days and not getting them very often. You'll have Owl done in no time, are you going to keep it for you?
Judi, thanks for the reminder to make the HST a little bigger because I have the same problems as you and I don't like them either. I hope you get to sew today.
Chriss, I hope that referral goes through fast, as in this week! πŸ™πŸ™
Dad told me yesterday after supper that he's heading for Virginia Monday so I had a mostly sleepless night. He really has no business driving that far, almost 1700 miles and I can't make a trip like that right now. Last time (5 years ago) I went with him we almost got into several accidents that most likely would've been fatal if I hadn't been paying attention. He's a looker when he drives, he looks at everything except the road πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ it really worries me. I hope he isn't serious πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Today I'll be making a new cake recipe that DD wanted me to make. I'm doing it early so the house can cool down with the doors and windows open, we're to hit 91Β° I believe today.
You all have a great day!
Tina

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:40 am

Mary I do have that ruler but sometimes I follow direction (sometimes!) and forget i have it,,,I have it out on the sewing table now permanently,,I just still hate them.. Tina and I will start a HST haters group if anyone wants to join lol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:51 am

Judi LOL yes! You be president and I'll be vice president πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:24 am

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Chriss my heart goes out to you. Isiah 41:10 Do not fear: I am with you; do not be anxious: I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. I think Stanford is an excellent choice. They are who finally helped my friend. Not sure how to get in without a referral but maybe his oncologist will give you one. I understand though from his point of view when you feel miserable, a 2 1/2 hour drive can seem like 10. Maybe an overnight stay in a motel would be helpful so you don't have to go there and back all in one day.

Lois so sorry your block is not behaving. Always best to walk away from it and try again some other time.

Maryz I love Yakima. I could live in Washington but you know the weather could be a problem. I do like rain but not so much every year. Leg cramps can resolve also by straightening your leg and pulling your toes up towards your nose.

Judi I am feeling like you don't like HST? Practice, practice, practice. And yes, good plan, I always make mine oversized and trim them down.

OMG Tina prayers for your Dad and travel mercies.

Today I am off to Antioch for Open Sew. I think I may just cut today. Did something to my shoulder and left back (probably lifting sewing machine) and just don't want to lift it today. I have to finish the cutting for my Circle Back class on the 10th. May bring some binding to do also if I get the quilt all cut. Some of it is already done. DH went grocery shopping yesterday so I will fix that on my way home. LOL, he said the veggies didn't look good so he just didn't buy any! Yes there are several other stores in town he could have gone to but........ I will stop at Raley's in Benicia so I can also get some more of my bread.

Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:32 am

Judi, I cut most of my hst's with the Accuquilt and they come out perfect. No trimming. I think there is a ruler that measures hst's and cuts off the corners prior to sewing. That would be similar to the Accuquilt.

Mary, leg cramps are the worst. Hope your leg isn't too sore today.

Lois, bummer about your January block. They are a lot of work, so I know you are frustrated throwing it away. That block has a lot going on.

I've got a few things to do this morning. We are flying up to Utah on Tuesday for my granddaughters wedding. I need to get a couple of cards. But first the boys get to go to the park for their Sunday walk.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:58 am

Good morning!

Hanging out in my church pew. Michael had things to do, so we go early. It's a beautiful day here.

Chriss - Stanford is a great choice. There is also UCSF, near the park and UC Davis as other options. The best place is here in Utah, the Huntsman Cancer Center. That place is always adding to their campus, Daniel is doing a addition currently. Many prayers, you will be guided to just the right place at the right time. Let God prevail.

Not much new here. It's just be patient and wait for the wheels of the mortgage to roll on. There are days I'm not patient!

All my kids are done with school. My days will now rotate with Kate's schedule for duty. I think I'll have them only Wednesday this week. Ethan will start music camp in a couple weeks. He really enjoys his cello.

Well, time meeting is starting,
Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Return to β€œSew ins”