Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, June 1st

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thursday, June 1st

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:02 am

Good morning. I was up at 4:30 guess sleeping in isn't allowed for me.

It's going to be a beautiful day although we are going to get a bit warmer by the end of the weekend.

Yesterday's class was fun. It will be an easily completed small quilt. I really want to take the Intermediate class that starts in July but need to wait to sign up until after our next doctor appointment.

Jerry has his blood work today and his biopsy tomorrow. We will know more after the biopsy. Amazing how God makes things work out. I was going to pay and sign up for the next quilt class but decided to hold off and now we are on the path to treatment so I am not sure if I will be able to take the class. I did sign up for a t-shirt quilt in August.

Anyway, time to go get some blood drawn, you all have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:31 am

Good morning everyone!
I didn't get everything read today but did see Jerry gets bloodwork today and biopsy tomorrow, great news Chriss β€πŸ™πŸ™
I was leisurely reading and all of a sudden I realized I probably need to water outside! Eeek! LOL we're going to get Dad a grocery order and deliver that and I was planning on starting OWL when we got back but the watering thought hit me so now I'm not sure...
Maryq, I'll probably be posting the Christmas block swap at the end of this month LOL just thought I'd give you a heads up πŸ˜‰πŸ₯°
You all have a great day! I gotta scoot.
Tina

Oh and I couldn't get in to Chiro till tomorrow but I'm looking forward to it!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:34 am

Good Sunny Perfect Morning.......

We've had a full week of sunshine. Time for me to get the snow tires off the car & pay my snow plowing bill paid.
Not much happening here. When looking for some little thing I ended cleaning the kitchen drawers. Didn't find what I was looking for. Soon I want to clean out some food stuffs out the cabinets. I now have nothing except a few mugs in the upper cabinets. My shoulders are very happy. Soon I will purge my plastic storage containers.

Suzette.......I hope your DH is doing better today. That must be so scary. Hoping for a good phone call today. Happy Dance for finishing(almost)your DAG's quilt.

Lois.......looks like we are in a difficult health time for DHs. Prayers for all of them & for you DWs. Hope you get all your work done today.

Judi........Good to hear Ken is feeling better, must have been lunch with the geezers. Love that word. Great shirt....we all could use one.

Diane...congratulations on your presentation tonight. The wall hanging is a wonderful gift.

Jana....... I see you can't get to bored with your weather. Where does time go? The last one to start school. My baby DGD is now looking for colleges!
I tried to thin out my fabric but just couldn't. Maybe after thin out all my other things I'll be ready for the fabric. Good for Daniel, those credits can add up.

love & Prayers..........Kathy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:37 am

Good morning to all. It is shaping up to be a gorgeous day here. 52* now but expected to get into the 70's. Maybe a few clouds but that's okay.

I do have a bit of running around to do today. Starting with the base. They have a new system for picking up meds which makes it so much easier. You just have to get in line. I haven't had to wait but about 20 min. Sure beats those 2 hour waits.

Chriss good news! But do hope you get to take your class. I like the classes for no other reason than the socialization with people with the same interests. We always have a good time.

Uhm Maryq I too am up at 0712. I don't know what size your house is but the grandkids recently got carpeting. 3 br, 1 bath but not real large and it was $4,000 at HD. I will go to Alaska one day before the good Lord calls me home. I also need to figure out how I am getting to Las Vegas this winter. A winter like this past one and I won't be able to drive. So far air fairs are a bit high.

Lois your guys BJ's on the east coast always fools me as our BJ's is a restaurant. Only one load of laundry for me.

Yes Judi your OWL blocks are wonderful. I am going to try mine light box or not. But not today, too much running.

Dianne pictures are always fun. I have not visited that thread in a couple days I will this AM.

Jana $500 for a $15 dollar item, Sure why not. Sounds like a deal to me. Wonderful that Dan can fix all it himself. A funny story, my friends little one started Kindergarten this year. He seemed to like school, his uncle picked him up everyday and walked him home. But one day, Daniel decided to leave school (no he didnt' tell anyone) and since Uncle had done a wonderful job teaching him how to cross the busy street with the light (good think he knew his colors) he just walked home. Imagine Grandma's shock when he arrived. He simply stated he didn't need to go to school anymore as he already knew everything! Sounded like a 14 yr old! So after a bit of continuing to try, he has ended up being home schooled for this past year. They will try again this fall.

Katy your garden sounds amazing as long as you can keep the critters out. My sister has the same issue. She is in Virginia. They have had to put up a barrier.

Maryz sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday. I am hoping we don't have to resort to that either. I am not sure we know exactly what parts are needed. It sounds like the engine also had a manufacturing defect. The bike is good as long as it doesn't rain. I have 5 days next week of sewing scheduled so ...... It shouldn't rain anymore.

Well off to cut one more lotto block. I have to unload my car from yesterday. Get things back in order and plans in place for next weeks sewing. I know I have to finish cutting out my quilt for Saturday class. I also need to think about July lotto.

Have a wonderful day all.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:05 am

Mary z Bill can't have tylenol or ibuprofen.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:13 pm

VAL, I was supposed to ask - and forgot. Is your engine gas or diesel? We've been through the Cummins diesel engine factory back in the midwest. They send ALL faulty engines back to the plant where they check them out thoroughly to "see what made it so". There was a big room filled with engines on work counters, all of them running 24/7. It really was interesting. What kind of fusible are you using to trace your OWL patterns? I just lay the pattern on a table, lay the fusible over it, and trace. I can see through it just fine.

LOIS - that's too bad that your DH can't take Tylenol either. It's metabolized through the liver while IBU goes through the kidneys. Aleve also goes through the liver. Is there anything he can take for pain?

CHRISS - What time is Jerry's bx tomorrow? I need to put padding on my prayer bones!

MARY Q - So what time did you get up when you were working? I LOVE watching dawn happen! Best time of the day! The birds sound so cheerful when they first wake up. I would choose kids over carpet, too! I've never heard of that airline. You might do best to mail your clothes up ahead of time!! When are you going?

We did the Costco thing this mornign, got everything put away dinner prepped, and now the boys are mowing. Al loves running our tractor , pulling the 5' mower deck behinda, nd Bill, while he may not love it, is using the walk-behind mower on the tight spots. I think Tina is napping. I'm going to straighten out my pantries and then work on fusing/stitching the final details of my June OWL block.

TTYT!
mz

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:52 pm

Mary it's a diesel. I am getting the BOM program through Shabby Fabrics. Laser cut and pressed. Yes, I am lazy!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:54 pm

Chriss, glad you had fun at your class.

Jana, sounds like things are moving along quickly for the kids house.

Mary, you said you were having trouble posting a picture the other day. I can't get a picture to post. It's giving me an error message. How did you get past that? This what I keep getting.

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Lori 8-)

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm

Seems to be working for me? Yes, this is an old one,

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:31 pm

Lori I get that error too when I use Flickr but if I use Post my image it works. I don't understand what's going on πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
Valerie, she's so cute. Love the pic even if it is an old one.
I finished ironing my June block applique, just need to sew it down but I'm done for today...... done in LOL
Tina

Return to β€œSew ins”