Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday May 31,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday May 31,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Wed May 31, 2023 2:59 am

Good morning Everyone ,

Its 52* now we will be going to the chiropractor for our tune up then part 2 of the scavenger hunt when I said were not doing 2 stores in 1 day it because it's to much running in 1 day not that I'm trying to catch a sale because there is no such thing as a sale anymore it's just that the local grocery store dosent have some of the things that bjs has.

After that will be home I already have my 1st load of wash on then I'll finish up.

Well that's all the news from my neck of the woods.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

WeeOne

Re: Wednesday May 31,2023

Post by WeeOne » Wed May 31, 2023 4:07 am

Just a hair past O dark 30 here in Hays.
I'm going over to Amanda's to watch Maddox for the day, she has to be to work at 7 this morning. We're having fun and making memories.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 31, 2023 4:47 am

Good morning,,I have lost 2 posts this morning already,,,I am typing along and they are gone....
Ken had his staples out yesterday and a good therapy work out but his mood sucked...so today we head to out patient therapy and we shall see how he does...He is bored and cranky...I ignore him...which means I spend time in the sewing room. (finished the October blocks for OWL)
Have a guild meeting tonight we will discuss the next 2 QOVs we are doing,,( we shall see what the decenting Virginia has to say tonight) We are gathering up supplies for 2 quilts. I also will take a bag of "dont need anymore" stuff for the share table...and my jane quilt for show and tell...Im looking forward to it...
Well hope your day promises to be a good one....Prayers for Chris and Jerry as they see the Drs and form a plan, Prayers for all others with needs,,,,and Faith that they all get the answers we need,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed May 31, 2023 5:59 am

Good morning to all who are awake and those sleepy head in the west side of the world LOL.

JUDI--get ear plugs and play music while in your sewing room. I did warn you that men like to whine and end up sounding like a squeaky old clock. Ignoring may not be the nicest word to use--BUT--its true. LOL
Been there done that, like so many others.
If I can help with QOV projects let me know. Who is helping you there? I hope the woman giving you thumbs down for your projects will change her mind.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 31, 2023 6:07 am

Good morning,

LOIS - I have chiro this morning, too. And probably tomorrow we'll make a shopping run. I hear ya on two stores. Though, usually, when we shop, because everything is so close (2 or 3 miles from our house), we do both stores - Costco and the regular grocery. And then he goes to pick up the mail while I stroll the grocery aisles. Bill calls this a date, especially if he gets to eat a hot dog at Costco. I call it grocery shopping - a chore. A Mars/Venus thing, I think. :lol:

LYN - yay for making memories! How old is little Maddox now? I'm guessing 4? Have fun today!

JUDI- I would think Ken would be in a happier mood now that his staples are out. Could he go to the rink for a few hours now? If you drove him? You will have a good time at the meeting tonite. I hope everyone gets on board the QOV project! How could they not?!

CHRISS - did you get anywhere at the dr appt yesterday? Is there a plan in place now?

VALERIE - sometimes when waiting for a part the dealer says they can't get, Bill has had good luck just buying the part himself and taking it to the dealer to do the work, but I'm thinking it might not work for the entire engine! I hope it's all fixed quickly. Didn't Jana's son have to wait umpteen months to have his Ram repaired? I don't suppose a loaner vehicle is available until the repair is complete? Does anyone even do that anymore?

MARY Q - congrats on your big lotto win!! Can't wait to see it all put together! When we visit in CO we stay at the County Fairgrounds - 1 mile from Tina's house - or at the state park about 8 miles away. They live on a very crowded residential street. If we were a truck and camper, we would (and have) fit at the curb in front of their house, but not with a 30' fifth wheel. With a 42" deep slide projecting out into the street. My other sister lives 3 miles away on a much wider, less parked on street and we've stayed "in her gutter" as she calls it, but last year their town passed an ordinance against RV parking without a permit to combat "blue tarp campers" from moving in.

Yesterday was productive here. I cleaned my oven, then hemmed a pair of jammie pants, made June lotto blocks, finished two 6" May OWL blocks, cleaned my sewing room, and kicked the flannel shirt project to the middle of next month. Al & Tina came home from their son's about 2:00 pm and that ended the sewing. I have no idea what our today will hold except for my 9am chiro appt. I think my sis is ready to go home, but we all have a date with friends on Sat evening and camping rezzies for 4 nights in Yakima next week. Their plan is to leave for CO from there. Their rezzies are all made, too, for their trip home. So we'll see if she changes her mind.

Wishing us all full bobbins - and the time to empty them!

mary z
>^+^<

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed May 31, 2023 7:30 am

Happy Hump day, (always thought that was an odd term).

Today is Free Sew in Vacaville. Haven't quite decided what I am bringing yet to work on. Tomorrow is Dad duty. Off to the base. Visit for a bit, chore day.

Maryz DH is asking about a loaner car. It will be Friday before we will know. It is not that the engine is not available it has to do with the recalls, etc. All of those have to be done before the engine can be installed and for some reason, they cannot be done today. I don't understand it. Just have to bide our time. I get you on the chore vs date. The grocery store and the bank are my two least favorite places.

Chriss lots of questions?????

Judi have a great guild meeting. Hope everyone gets on the same page. I don't really hear anything about QOV in my area.

Oh Lyn that's early. But have a great time with Maddox. Does she maybe still take a nap and therefore so can you?

Lois love your term "tune up". I have always been afraid of the Chiro. Went once when I was in my 20's. Severe back injury and I was so tense he just couldn't do anything. I eventually ended up with surgery (herniated disc). I was great for years but then I got old.

Have a few things to do in my sewing room before I leave for Vacaville. Got some paperwork ready to mail to DBIL to complete his paperwork. Sending the check to pay off the mobile home. One day soon I will have to make copies for my DS as he is to be the one if charge if both myself and DH are unable. Off to roam the sewing room and see what jumps out at me.

Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:47 am

Good morning everyone!
Today we're under a red flag fire warning for weather, high winds and low humidity.
Judi, I hope Ken is in a better mood today.
Lois, I'm calling as soon as my chiro opens to see if I can get in today 🤞
Lyn, I bet you and Maddox will have a fun day!
Maryz, sorry to hear your sis is ready to go home already. Maybe she just needs a rest day to recharge.
My local grands are coming over for the day and I'm planning on making a strawberry tiramisu cake so they can eat most of it LOL that way I get a piece and no leftovers.
You all have a great day!
Tina

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed May 31, 2023 8:00 am

Good morning. Another beautiful day here in la la land. We've had the windows open for quite a few days now, it's been wonderful.

Yesterday's appointment was, I think, productive. The doctor seems as frustrated as we are at figuring out how to get a lung biopsy. Seems the spot where the cancer is and the calcification is making it difficult. So, we are being referred to a bronscopy doctor in Fresno and will receive a call this morning to let us know the plan. Believe me, if I don't get that call I will be making calls. I was pretty pushy yesterday and will not let up. I have channeled my inner Lyn.

Today is my quilt class. I need to iron fabric and gather my things. On the way there we will shop at one other quilt shop in the area. I think it will be fun. The store is called Cloth and Quilts and is in Hilmar, Ca. If you go to the classes section you will see the quilt we will be making.

Maryq. yes, we have a POA. I have my copy in my purse at all times. I also have a copy in my glove box in the car. It's very important to have a will and a poa no matter your health or age. Check with Medicare about the glucose monitor. (Medicare.gov) They may offer it under their Durable Medical Equipment. I do know that they have reduced the costs of insulin, but lets hope you are able to reverse this before needing that.

Lois, we also have to hit two stores when shopping. Costco for certain things and Smart N Final for most of the rest. And if we need extra produce we have to go to a chain grocery store. hope the chiropractor pops you in all the right places. Have you had time to play with your cutie yet?

Lyn, happy Maddox day. Wish I could be there for that.

Judi, If Ken doesn't get over his cranky you will have that quilt finished in a week, ha ha. It will be good to go to your meeting tonight and have some space. I think I would tell Virginia that when I see those patriotic colors it warms my heart to be an American and that I'm sorry she doesn't get that feeling. Hope you find a treasure on the free table. Glad Ken is doing better, and therapy is going well, grumbly but well.

Maryz, I would love to have an uninterrupted day to play in my room, glad you were productive. My bobbins are full, just need time to use them. Perhaps tomorrow after going to the dump.

Valerie, lots of questions but not lots of answers just yet. Still waiting. At least we are finally waiting with a plan. Seems they can't go in through the side into the lung for a biopsy because as Jerry breathes in and out it could cause problems. The cancer is in the bone, but bone biopsies aren't as accurate. I feel that now that the cancer is in the rib there is a bigger sense of urgency. I also really feel that the doctor is trying to figure out the best way to get a biopsy. It's in a difficult spot and the calcification makes it a bit more difficult. I do like this doctor and really feel that he is trying to figure it out. And I have told Jerry that we will do whatever Jerry wants to do. Happy free sew day. How is dad? is he all settled in? what about the sale of the facility?

Tina, exactly how I like my cake. A slice and no leftovers. The grocery store sells a piece of cake maybe 4x4 for about $5. That carrot cake stares at me everytime I walk in the store. enjoy those grands.

Becca, hope you're packing and moving. I'm thinking about you.

Kathy, come out come out wherever you are. Hope all is well in your corner of the map.

And now it's time for me to move my tush and get my day started.
Chriss
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed May 31, 2023 8:20 am

Good Morning Girls

Had a moment of panic this morning, the internet wasn't working!!! :shock: :shock: But I reset the router and it's all okay. Looks like it's going to be another warm day, and I just might have to bite the bullet and turn on the AC. It's pretty muggy here after the little thunderstorm we had last night.

Lois... SO true... not much for "sales" on food. Though I do have the Target app and use the "Circle" specials on my phone. It's pretty cool actually, you click on the ones you want, then when you check out they scan your phone and you get the discounts. I don't buy stuff I don't use to use a "coupon" tho.
I do love it when coffee is on sale tho.. then I stock up!!!

Lyn.... ah.. making memories!!! the best part of being a gramma... When I've with Evie I tell her "now be sure to remember this day when I'm gone!" I have so many memories of my gramma!

Judi... I think child development experts would agree that when a child is acting up, best to ignore him--unless he is doing harm to himself or others. Either that or just tell Ken to "Snap out of it"!!! For a guy as active as he is... I can understand how he is bored. A sewing room is a good place to hide!

Diane.... It's just so hard for me to imagine someone NOT wanting to support QOV. Do you have a pretty big group there in MB? You have your wonderful LA'er and pilot!! When will you be able to award the quilts that were planned for memorial weekend?

Maryz... Couldn't believe I won the lotto again!!! Love all the flowers though and I promise I'll try to get it together sooner than later! Now that I have the June lotto block down pat, I'm going to scrounge for some more 2.5" strips in my stash! Not to worry, I have tons. Tina is getting home sick? No accidents for her this trip right? :)

Valeries... Yes I was shocked when I saw this morning that I won the lotto! Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Hope you enjoy your sewing time. Is your Starry Night all put together?

Tina.. What a nice gramma you are to make cake !!! Nudge-nudge.... Christmas Swap? Not that I need another project but..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chriss.... Man, I was thinking of you guys all day yesterday!! So you had a productive meeting and nice to know that the Dr. is on your side. How far is Fresno from you? I checked out the website for Cloth and Quilts... are you making the one with the circles? OH gosh, carrot cake? LOVE carrot cake, but for now I have to eat it "raw" just the carrot sticks!

No big plans for the day here. I did run up to Home Depot yesterday and they are coming to measure my place for carpet tomorrow. Though I'm not quite ready to take the plunge yet and order it. Have to do a little creative accounting first. In Minnesota we get a property tax refund in the fall.. and if I qualify for it this year, I might be able to get carpet then. At least I'll know how much to save up!

For now I think I'll find some sewing project to keep busy..... which is no problem as I have at least 3 in process. :lol: :lol:

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 31, 2023 8:57 am

Good morning!

It must be Grumpy men day! Mine is being a royal pain, driving me bananas at the moment!

A otherwise beautiful day here in my neck of the woods. Birds are chirping and I can hear all the noisy construction! You see, in the city's infinite wisdom, they didn't plan for a large enough water drainage pipe before they finished paving a road in my neighborhood. The main road used to get in and out, so now they are digging a huge trench and putting in said pipe. Yes there's a inconvenience, but the major bug a boo, will be when they go across the entrance to my street. I live on a court and there's only one way in and out! And hopefully they won't block the whole road. My walking is limited and I need to get kids etc from school. Oh, don't mess with a grandma needing to get her littles! Mother bears have nothing on a grandma!

The kids house have a few issues. Daniel picked his battle and which ones that the seller will fix. The deck needs to be fixed, but Daniel doesn't want some amateur slapping a nail here and there, so he will do the repair himself. Doing it right., after he owns it. He and a structural engineer at his company are already planning the third car addition that will have a shop, under the garage floor. Daniel is working on the roof lines for the addition, which are quite difficult. It will be awhile before he builds the addition. Closing is aimed for the middle of June, but more likely near the end with work needing to be done and completed first. We are patient.

I have Lila today and Gracie when school is finished. The girls are done for the summer on Friday. Then it will be a couple of weeks before I have them again.

So, I have uglies to do. Grumpy here even has a hat with Grumpy character on it!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”