Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday may 29th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday may 29th

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 29, 2023 4:43 am

Today is the official day we honor those that died for our freedom...we thank the veterans everyday...but this day is a special day to honor those that gave their lives for our freedom/
Ken is doing well I plan to move all his stuff back down to his bathroom today,,,He has been eating and coming down the stairs so he can groom in there too...tomorrow the staples come out and he will start therapy wednesday...no more home care...but my driving him around like Miss Daisy begins....the knee bends at 85' from 42' when he came home..therapy will try to get the bend to about 120 degrees. which he will need to drive...effectively...he thinks he can drive now (no no no)
I did stitch down the october OWL and It is what it is...I wont remake it...
Well I need coffee and Ken does too...I will do some clean.up around his chair,,(too much stuff) and weeding for sure...I have to get 2 flowerbeds done they are over grown...take care everyone,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
Maryz Ken said it was worth the pain to have good knees again,,,tell your brother in law... 2 weeks and Ken is walking with a cane pretty much all the time...the excersizes are painful but not intolerable...he hasnt taken a pain pill in 3 days....xxxooo
Last edited by grammiequilts on Mon May 29, 2023 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

velvet

Re: Monday may 29th

Post by velvet » Mon May 29, 2023 4:58 am

Another wet and grey day here in Myrtle beach.
Maybe it is mother nature's way of reminding us of the many tears shed for the fallen men and women who fought for our freedom and gave their lives. My prayer today is for the families left behind.

Judi-happy Ken is doing so well. A few more weeks and he'll be chasing you around. LOL.

Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon May 29, 2023 5:07 am

Morning
My family has had a lot of people serve in the military but we have been Blessed all came home. My prayers for the families of those that didn't come home.

Joe is on day shift this week....not sure hiw long this will last.
I'm still getting out of control areas under control, only 1 left and there isn't that much to do. Maybe I will do it today, maybe tomorrow....
Flo

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon May 29, 2023 5:52 am

Good morning all
I know I been MIA again. But I have been busy. And I do need to find a new chiro. SOON. I did get my Apirl block for the OWL project ironed down ,some is stitched . This will be a slow process for me.I did get all the fabric. Too much gardening. I have been cleaning out flower beds and watering the veggie garden. NO rain here so if you have too much please send to central Illinois.
The challenge for the guild I volunteered for. I did aquire all the fabric. The challenge is usually a piece of fabric you have to use in a quilt piece with a few restrictions. These have been way to easy since one of our members passed. Nicky was really good at comimg up with a challenge. My challenge will be like hers. Challenging . You have to pay $10 and pick a number. LOl These numbers represent months. For example number 1 is for winter . December ,January , and February therefore you have winter christmas and valentines day. Also the project must be over 24 inch square or a table runner at least 12 by 40. or 4 place mats. totally finished by November meeting. I provide a piece of fabric a fat quarter that goes with months.
Red for number 1. How is this for a challenge. LOL :lol: :lol:
Flo My family also had many that served. Unfortunately I lost a cousin in the Korean war.
Diane Please send rain my way. we are in the middle of a drought .
Judi Glad to here Ken is doing well.
Well ladies I need more Java and sweep. Not much of that getting done.

You all have a great sewing day.
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 29, 2023 6:01 am

Good morning!

Thank you to all, who gave their all for us to have the freedoms in this great country. May we continue to see what they did and do our all to protect those freedoms so valiantly fought for.

All my kids will be traveling home today. They are in the same vicinity and may travel together. Daniel has been busy around here. Finishing up little projects he has going. One he did was design and weld together a way to tie down the trash cans, so they stay put and not blow over. We get some strong winds and definitely don't want to pick up trash from the yard!

I worked in the Batt Cave and got all the pantry supplies put away. I will start on the fabric stash. I will pitch some itty-bitty teeny tiny scraps and consolidate colors that are not many pieces offabrics together, giving me availability for other things. My nice large sewing island is piled high and deep! Not a usable square inch to work on. That has got to go!

I saw on the sale ad from QIAD, more Kimberbell I will be good! Not adding to my collection! NO,NO, NO!

Not much else here, just a wonderful day outside . The proverbial they say, no thunderstorms, ya, we'll see.......

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon May 29, 2023 6:25 am

Good morning Everyone,

Well yesterday was a good day I finally got my leader cloth made for my cutie frame.
Today I think I'm going to try and start on wander lane will see.
For a change we have beautiful weather so will make ribs on the grill.

Well that's all the news from here.
Everyone have s great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 29, 2023 6:33 am

Good morning,

Remembering all those brave servicemen and women who have given their lives for the sake of our freedom. God bless them all and their families.

JUDI - This will be a big week for Ken! And a big to-do list for you! I bet your Oct block looks better than you think. Put it with all the others, and no one will notice whatever is bothering you about it. It's our friend who refuses to have knee surgery. He is bone on bone, uses a cane or brace much of the time, and says he can stand the pain. I tell him to imagine life without any pain, but he is just used to it now. Says it doesn't bother him too much. I've talked up Ken's good results with both knees, and Tex also has two very good friends who have had the surgery. One says DO IT! And one says DON'T! It's painful to us to watch him walk. And he used to be our dance teacher 33 yrs ago!

JANA - sounds like you have made a mountain our of a molehill on your cutting table! lol! And I saw the Kimberbell patterns on Q and I wondered if you were being tempted. Safe traveling to all your kids today.

LOIS - Yay! It's (maybe) OWL day at your house! What month will you start with?

DIANE - watching the weather map on the national news last night, I thought of you and all the plans that have had to be cancelled. We are usually rainy on Mem Day weekend but this year, we are about 68 and cloudy, a nice switch!

FLO - you are making progress! Git 'er dun, I say!

DIANE - sorry about your chiro. I would go easy on all the physical stuff until you find another one. Your challenge sounds - well - challenging! How many people are participating? Can they use patterns or does everything have to be original design? Piece? Applique? Paper pieced? I'd like to hear more details.

CHRISS - you have had a busy weekend! Is the FOL sale over now or is just your shift over? And did you make much progress on the garage? Tell me more about your quilt class? What will it be covering?

LYN - that was an amazing video you shared yesterday of the Space X O2 tanks on the highway. What a responsibility to be driving those trucks! Did you get to take Maddox fishing yesterday?

MARY Q - When you lose your post - do you try hitting ctrl z? Or back arrow? Often either of those will bring your post back. You know, lime green and navy blue are a good color combo. It was very popular in the 60's and I see it's starting to come back. Maybe you could just paint blue stripes down your green light fixture! :lol:

My sis and dbil are leaving this morning for an overnight visit with their son in Seattle. So we have an entire day and evening to ourselves. They will leave their trailer and their cat with us. I have some uglies to get caught up on but mostly I want to sew, sew sew! I plan to make the three 6" May OWL blocks, some June lotto blocks, and maybe cut out my third flannel shirt. It's a good plan. Let's see if I can get to it all!

Y'all have a nice day, whatever you decide to do!
mary z
>^+^<

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon May 29, 2023 6:43 am

Good morning, it's a Free Sew day for me. Yesterday I went to Free Sew also. Got my First Saturday BOM completed. Ready for next meeting on the 3rd. Also cut out 4 blocks for my Scraps of Happiness BOM. I will start sewing those today. Some are easy and some not so much. They are 8 inch spool blocks with a quilt block as the thread. Kim Deihl. Tomorrow is Open Sew in Antioch. I think I will take my Cactus quilt. For those of you without a light box, how are you doing OWL. I would like to start it but not sure about not using a light box.

Still no word on DH truck other than the motor is gone and they will have to order a new one. Likely not working the holiday so Tuesday will be the earliest. Still needing prayer for family in Reno. Hoping for update on this situation soon. I sent Lina a tricycle yesterday. Hope she's old enough. She's 3. Waiting to hear on final arrangements for Betty. Tomorrow I will send a check to DBIL so he can pay off the mobile home and get out from under that contract. There are a few weird conditions in there so only way to nullify it.

Prayer for memorial day. The military I have contact with here are firm about celebrating the correct holiday correctly. Memorial day is for those who have died in the line of duty. While I have had many family members in the military, the family have not lost one to my knowledge.
We reflect on our sacred and enduring vow to care for their families. And together, as we pause and pray, we pledge to continue defending freedom and democracy in their honor. May God bless our fallen heroes, and may God protect our troops.

2 more sleeps till May lotto winner drawn. June is in progress, lots of time.

Jana traveling mercies for your family.

Katy so good to see you. Your challenge sounds like fun.

Judi glad Ken is doing well.

Well, I need to get breakfast, one chart to do and payroll to send in. Only 1 visit pay so not sure why I am bothering but she will get excited if I don't. Leaving about 9 so I can stop at the store and figure out lunch on my way to Free Sew. Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay safe, traffic is likely to be heavy across most of the country.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 29, 2023 6:51 am

Good morning everyone!
Thinking of the ones who gave their all for our freedom.

Judi, I'm glad Ken is doing better, sounds like he'll be back to 100% in no time. Maybe when the staples come out it'll be even faster, I think they kinda hold a person back. I bet your Oct block is great!

Diane, we could use some rain here too please.

Flo, you've really been busy with cleaning up those problem areas, I bet it's looking fab!

Katy, we finally got a chiro in town and I've been twice so far, it's really helping! I hope you can find a new one soon! After reading all you planted in your garden plus all your regular things you do I knew you'd be uber busy! How's Mr Barney Snugglebug doing? Maybe he should be your garden helper 🥰

Jana, safe travels to all your kids. I quit saving tiny pieces too, they can end up taking up lots of space. That's a good thing Daniel did with holding the garbage cans down, we get crazy winds too so I can relate.

Lois, how did I miss that you were getting a cutie frame. I bet you'll have fun with it! I'm hoping to start my OWL this week 🤞

Maryz, you'll get all that done and then some! If it were me I'd only get 1 of them done LOL my mind is always bigger than my reality. How nice that your having great weather, enjoy!

Valerie, I sure hope they get your DH's truck fixed and it's covered under the warranty. I love how you have your free sew days and such, you get so much accomplished ❤
That's so sweet of you to pay off your DBILs mobile home, I bet he appreciates it ❤
I was so sorry to hear about your sisters friend that you got to meet, it must've been so shocking.

We don't travel on holiday weekends so it'll just be whatever we can find around the house to get in trouble with LOL
Our yards are all mowed and weed eated and everything watered so I get sewing room time today. I may do some laundry and cleaning too, just depends.
You all have a blessed day.
Tina

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon May 29, 2023 8:09 am

Good Morning All

This morning I join you all in prayer and in honoring out veterans. My folks are at Fort Snelling cemetery which is near the Minneapolis airport and if it weren't so far away and so crowded this weekend, I would love to drive down and see the place all decorated. They set out flags at every headstone. It's quite a thing to see.

Judi... Does Ken sit in the back seat while you drive? Actually, that would be a cute picture for a Christmas card! :lol: :lol: Do you have a chauffeur hat?

Diane... Sorry you are having rainy weekend when you had so much planned but, I think you are right... Mother Nature's tears for the lost today.

Flo... How about we consider today a holiday.... which means we don't have to work on a holiday! Save the garden for tomorrow! :lol: :lol:

Katy.... Hope you find a new chiro soon.... with all the gardening you've been doing, you are probably going to need one! Doesn't all the bending and weeding hurt?

Jana... a SALE? Oh my gosh I love sales on fabric... oh but wait.... I have fabric in my garage.... guess I dare not even go look!!!! When do Daniel and Kari get to move into their new house?

Lois.... sounds like you are all set to give the Cutie a test run!!

Maryz... Oh I tried every trick in the book to retrieve my lost post.... Back in 1973, my colors were purple and lime green for the bathroom. As fun as it is to have Tina and Al around... a nice quiet day sounds wonderful too! Do you feel like to have to "entertain them" ... or find things to keep them busy? Nice that they have their own camper to retreat to.

Valerie... Thank you for the wonderful little prayer for today. Over the years I think this holiday has come to remember ALL those that have passed, but it really is just for our fallen heroes. We would do well as a nation to remember those heroes every day!

Tina... I'm with your... I stay home on holidays. Years ago when my sis and I owned a cabin on a lake... I still stayed home.. the traffic was always horrendous. Now there is not place to go! YEAH... you get to play in the sewing room today!!!!

Chriss... Tomorrow is a big day for you guys... From dawn to dusk, you and Jerry will be in prayers. I pray that the doctors will give you clear answers, and a PLAN to go forward from here. And when Jerry says "fine"... you have my permission to pinch him... or slap him if necessary to tell the Dr. how he really feels!!!!

Oh dear, it's after 10am and I'm still in jammies... Need to jump in the shower and figure out what to do today... sewing of course, but I think it's time to change my sheets and finish the laundry I started on Saturday!

Wishing you all the best today

Return to “Sew ins”