Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 30

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Thursday March 30

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:46 am

Good morning,

BECCA - congratulations!! A girl! And named after you! What an honor! My DMIL was named Frances and we almost named Autumn "Francie" after her. I know your family is overjoyed. What time yesterday was she born? How far away do they live from you?

JUDI - glad your borders are behaving for you now. I want to see this quilt finished and on your bed! You are really going through your kitchen! I love dishes! I have my regular set (serv for 20), Fiestaware (12), Noritake china (8 and packed away right now), American flag (same ones Eleanor has. 4), and Christmas (serv for 12, also packed away). I had 2 other sets of Christmas dishes but gave them away. I was very proud of myself for that, but guess I have more work to do. I weeded my vases out a few years ago and now only keep special ones. That was a lot of UFO's your speaker had!! Though, it might not be hard to build up a 1,000 yd stash. I occasionally wonder how much I have . . . Right now I don't have any UFO's - just 2 WIP's (HSH swap and cats), one binding, and a few labels to make. And 3 tops in the QQ: my Christmas Blizzard and the chandlier, both done while in Texas, and my Crazy quilt. I would think, even with the worst case of ADD, if one had 300 UFO's, if you started over on the first half-finished project, it would be like all new projects and maybe they would get finished . . .?

JANA - Kate is really a can-do kind of gal! What a great role model she is to their little girls. It's going to be a great party! I hope you get your flowers soon. Though with all the snow . . . .

LOIS - a 40-vendor show sounds just about the purrfect size. Plenty to see but few enough that you can really SEE them and not have to give them a quick glance as you rush to try to get to everything.

FLO - Did you get your chicken yard/coop all finished and move your chickie babies out there? Have you circled back to your kitchen yet? I hope Joe's shots work well for him.

VELDA - how long have you been in your condo now? Almost a year? Wasn't it late April or May?

SUZETTE - great news on your hubby's disability/retirement! We've had things shipped to stores before and picked them up. Saves a lot of shipping. Though we do have to compare the cost of bridge toll & fuel to shipping costs.

MARY Q - I love my big Kitchenaid though probably don't use it often enough. I think it's about 25 yrs old. I keep meaning to make cookie dough and freeze unbaked cookies, just popping them into the oven when we want a quick dessert or when company drops by instead of gobbling down 4 dozen cookies in 3 days. So, are you making any headway with KC or her house? Is she so disabled that she CAN'T keep it reasonably clean or is it that she DOESN'T keep it clean? Big diff. What did you bring home yesterday?

TINA B - we found when our Kitchenaid started to die all it needed was greasing its insides. But we had to order special food grade grease. And it's worked great ever since. But with what you did, yours was probably genuinely work out! I thought you were a teacher. Did you do both - teach and decorate cakes?

CHRISS - glad you found those discs! Sometimes I wonder what medical office staff actually do because these kinds of things happen everywhere to everybody as far as I can tell. Bronchoscopy is a tricky word. But "in the biz" it is shortened to "bronch". Easier to say and spell. Feel free to use it. We'll know what you mean. I hope you get to go the flea market April 1st with your friends (though I wish I were one of those friends!). I think this comes under the heading of "put on your own oxygen mask first".

KATHY - I had some vintage fabric, too - 3 pieces that were given to me. Enough to make lunch cloths for each of my two sisters and myself. That way I kept the fabric intact, but made it usable.

Yesterday I picked up my new glasses and sunglasses. I have to go get them adjusted though. The top of the lenses tilt outward which affects how my bifocals sit in my visual field. After Costco, I sewed for a while and then went outside to work in the yard. Got quite a bit done and hope to do more this afternoon. I texted A&A last night. They sent a pic and her tummy looks about 6 months along instead of almost 9. Dr says baby is good sized, still breech, and they will probably schedule a C-section at the end of next week. We are starting to sleep with our phones on our nightstand now, just in case there's a midnight call. :D

Make your day a good one!
mary z
>^+^<

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:43 am

Good Sunny Morning....we had a little bit of snow last night!!

Hello to all my sister Curators! Been a challenging morning so far. Computer being difficult & my grocery order sit was frozen, had to call for help.

Days plan is cleaning frig, LOL should be fun I can't reach the top shelf. Don't use it much.....crazy. The sewing is planned.

Oh good! They ripped off all the siding off the house next door...I'll go check today.

I love my Kitchenaid I got mine in 1977...Oh the days when I made all the bead. It's still going strong.

Becca......Oh happy day!!! Welcome little Frances. What an honor they picked your name.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:36 am

Good Morning Girls

Man did I ever over sleep this morning! But then it was a restless night! If I take time to answer each of you this morning I'll never get anything done today!

I did go to KC's yesterday and it's 2 steps forward 5 steps back. Brought home a few things she wanted to get rid of. The project she really needs to do, she's not ready to do yet----going through HUGE boxes full of nick-knacks and mementos and pictures. I told her I wouldn't be able to come back for a couple weeks so that might give her some time to think about it. I just wish she was READY! I'd glad haul crap to Goodwill for her! :lol: :lol:

I do have to say congratulations to Becca on her new little GG daughter! How wonderful that she is named Frances!! Will they call her Frannie! SO cute!

Today is laundry day, so I better get that started! I did remember that I was going to make some veggie beef soup, so I got that started first thing! If I am going to get into the sewing room today... I better move my you know what!

Happy Thursday Everyone

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:37 am

Fabric museum curator I love it. Sounds so "upper-class" rather than fabric hoarder (as we all really are)

Becca--so very happy for you and the new family. All the best of everything for them.

I found out what the hair doodads were for the kids in the hospital that some women are sewing for them. They are scrub caps. I'm sure the kids like to pick their own from the 100's this small group makes.

I have the rows all pressed for the twisted rail for presentation at the portable wall that will be in the end of May. 5 quilts will be given and hopefully the vets will like them. Today I want to go to the other Diane and figure out borders.

I'll try to catch up later and again congrats to Becca.
Diane

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:59 am

Good morning. It was a rainy night but Jana's "they" tell me that it will be dry for the next 10 days. I'm not convinced but am hopeful. Either way it's going to be a wonderful day today.

It has been decided that a bronchoscopy (which I finally learned to spell) isn't a doable test for Jerry. His lungs are calcified, and the needle wouldn't get what it needs. So, we will have a biopsy of the liver instead done by an Interventional Radiologist. We were told that Jerry is at stage 4 and that immunotherapy might be the route needed. We will know more Friday when we see the cancer doctor. Jerry has a good attitude but is so tired of tests and might at any time just say no to all of it, and I have told him that whatever his decision is I will support him. I hope he doesn't give up but it's his decision.

My day will be filled with sewing. I also need to pop on over to the post office to mail my blocks. I have paperwork to sign to relieve myself of my HICAP counseling and that will also get into the mail. Dinner tonight will be leftover chicken parm. It turned out ok but not great.

I also see that I won, along with Mary, the lotto blocks for March. So excited to get those blocks, they will make a colorful quilt.

Judi, Virginia sounds like a fun person to have speak, I bet she would be an even funner friend, always an adventure. I'd like to see your name tag when you finish it. I want to purge everything in this house but need to wait. I have so much junk. What a sweet son you have to think of you while he shops thrift stores. It's a special boy / man who loves his mom. And it also makes for a blessed mom when her son thinks of her.

Velda, I would be thrilled to just empty the two hutches I have in the dining room. No one wants those hand me downs, even though they were given to me as antiques. But I'd be even more thrilled to purge everything. There will likely be lots of garage sales here.

Flo, enjoy your church class. I've never been a baker or bread maker. Jerry has really slowed down in his baking. You said kids. I, for some reason, thought you only had one son. Do you have more kids? do you have more grands? Hope Joe's knee is back to it's old self today and for a long time to come.

Lois, enjoy your time at that quilt show. Bill is a sweetie for taking you there. Will you go in the new truck? There will be a quilt show near here in May, I'm hoping I can go.

Becca, what a blessing. Not only a precious new baby but to have her named after you. What a wonderful honor. So very cool to be you.

Jana, you are very correct, answers do come. Sometimes they come after what seems like a long wait and sometimes, they don't jive with what we want but they do, in fact, come. Enjoy church in your jammies. And I will decline your gracious offer of snow.

TinaB, I also have a spare room that needs serious purging. It's the junk drawer of this entire house. Our local thrift store and our local library would benefit greatly if I just went for it. Jerry, on the other hand, keeps telling me it can wait. So it, along with the disaster in the garage, will wait.

Maryz, will Costco adjust your glasses. The bifocal line is what I always wondered about with ordering glasses online or getting them someplace other than the optometrist office. I want to get some outside work done but need to wait till it dries out. It's almost time for the Kumquot to be ripe. wooo hoooo. I am so completely excited about being an aunt. Come on over, we have room for you to join us at the flea market. Maybe we could hit some thrift stores as well.

Kathy, I need to work on my fridge too. I have a pack of I think 60 eggs that need to be put into cartons instead of the flat they came in. I also want to figure out what I have in the freezer in the garage vs the freezer over the fridge in the house. One day I plan to get rid of the freezer in the garage. Sorry for your computer woes. Meet you in the sewing room after breakfast.

Maryq, are you really making soup with veggies in it? are you feeling well? I kind of wonder if KC doesn't get motivated because she wants you to keep coming by to have someone to visit with?

Lyn, I know you bought a battery powered chain saw, can you tell me which one you bought, I think it's something I am going to have to get for myself.

Diane, what fun to make the scrub caps for the kids. Are you making them too?

My day won't get started if I don't start it, so here I go. You all have a wonderful day.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:50 pm

Becca, what great news. Welcome baby Frances. πŸ’•
What an honor for her to be named after you. I know how proud you must feel!.
April is just around to corner. Will be getting my hummingbird feeders ready.
Oh, yes, Maryz.. we moved into condo August 2021. Coming up on two years this summer. 😊
Back to preparing supper. Didn't get over to Supper Club. I have been sewing up a storm today! Finally!! It felt good to accomplish much.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Return to β€œSew ins”