Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday March 24th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday March 24th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:47 am

Good morning,,up and one cuppa coffee down. It is dreary and gray out and feels like winter instead of spring. but there are tulips coming up and that means I need to clean flower beds,,if it dries out...we have appt with the tax man today,,,,,always hate paying taxes....not much going on here...we have salad and grilled chicken for supper.... hope your all having a good day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

fabricgirl

Re: Friday March 24th

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:59 am

Good morning

Not much going on here today we didn't clean yesterday so thats what will be doing today I also have wash that needs to be done so there goes the day.

Judi lots of luck at the tax office.
Mary Z safe travels to you and Bill.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:15 am

Good morning was in my sewing room working on my Eldon blocks two more together . I am hoping to get them all together today and then work on cutting setting diamond and the log cabin corner stones. I also want yo long arm my Taos quilt been putting that off. I’m feeling much better had my final check up with surgeon yesterday got appt for colonoscopy consult next month then will wait on results to decide next step. All and all a good day.

Piano practice today working on Easter special a real challenge piece for me. But I like a good challenge 🫣😂

Well gotta get dd up then off to see my littles in sessions this morning.

Rain here was 73 yesterday I think we are in warming spell for bit.

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:17 am

Good morning everyone! TGIF!

Chriss per our weatherman we are good on no rain until Monday, then Monday to Tuesday another bit of a storm. My yards are saturated and I may not have to water until June! Sure glad you squeaked the wheel. Not sure if a biopsy can be done overnight but I will pray it can. FB page for my machine, now there’s a thought. I will have to look up my M7.

Jana UHM, a magic turnip, yep that is what I need. And a money tree in the back yard would be helpful too! I just started having the extra taken out of my check this year as deductions are no longer enough to cover. My income varies so much it would be hard to have a set dollar amount.

Lyn how’s the temp this AM? Hope you are not being frozen out.

I don’t see anyone’s birthday today. Kathy’s is coming up.

Judi prayers for your tax visit. Maybe the world is turned on it’s axis and you will get a refund!

Lois happy cleaning. I got a bit done yesterday but need to do floors and vacuum today. Most days I have to choose between sewing and chores due to my back, well that’s a pretty easy decision. LOL.

Yesterday I did get my first Saturday BOM done, it was an easy block for once. This BOM has been a challenge. I also made small progress on DBIL cactus quilt and did some of the binding on DD quilt. Not sure what I will get to today. I need to do at least one dance with Mr. Maytag.

Well, coffee cup is empty so need to fix that.

May all your bobbins be full!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:24 am

Good morning!
Y'all are so, so busy!
Blizzy, Eldon blocks? I will Google that. My brother's name is Eldon. So makes me curious.
I love seeing the spring flowers. I have a small area to clean dried leaves away.
Meeting went well yesterday for HOA turnover. Soon we will have our own meeting of our group to get things organized. It's a process.
Now time for coffee ☕☕☕
HUGS, 💕 Vel

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:40 am

Good morning Quilt buddies
Sorry did not get back yesterday. I cleaned down my bedroom yesterday . washed windows and walls and cleaned ceiling fan. today sweep and shampoo carpeting. Maybe get into sewing room today before it starts yelling at me.
Tuesday went to see tax lady . I actually got a refund not all I paid in but enough to allow me to go fabric shopping. I forgot my property tax info but with my permission she could look it up. Saves me from paying state tax. We then went to Subway for lunch . GISH $20 for two 6.5 inch subs and a drink for each of us. Another restaurent to put on my no go to list. I guess they do have $6 12 inch subs a certain kind on a certain day. Will look them up before going again. Or maybe not.
Wed. I woke up sick. Sneezing and a headache. Took some allergy pills and tylenol. Slept all day except for lunch and supper. Then went to bed at 10 and slept all night. Well got up yesterday and was fine.
Today along with the cleaning I am going to try to make chicken salad from canned chicken. Never used this before.
Judi we have daffodils in bloom and snow perdicted for Sat. Gish I wish this weather would make up its mind. I am anxious to get my potatoes planted. And good luck at tax office.
Lois cleaning is on my agenda for next 3 days. Then back to Chiro.
Izzy Take it easy Hope everything turns out great with all your projects.
Valerie I to have to do loads of wash. Unfortunately when I clean I have a lot of Maytage dancing. However I no longer own a maytag.
Well this girl needs another cup of Java.
O Maryz Are you sure you would want this crazy red head in your area. But the massuse sounds good. LOL
LOL

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:53 am

Good morning

We are going home this morning, as soon as it’s light we will start hitching up. It’s a 2 Hour Drive. It won’t take long to empty And clean the trailer. We didn’t bring too much and we didn’t dirty too much. While down here I did get the last of my scraps trimmed up. Whoo Hoo! Now instead of more scraps than I know what to do with, I have strips and squares. Anybody need anything? We had a great day yesterday despite all the rain and I visited a quilt shop i’ve never been to before. I bought a few pieces of fabric for my home sweet home blocks. We went to Bill‘s sisters for dinner and our sweet brother-in-law made chicken enchiladas for dinner. Yum! We took cheesecake for dessert.

Lois, sounds like your house is sparkling clean for the weekend! As soon as we get the trailer emptied I need to do some cleaning at our house. Turns out a few friends are coming over tonight. Bill decided I would rather know than be completely surprised so We can clean first. Fortunately, I always try to leave the house clean when we leave. We’ll just mostly have to dust, Wipe down the bathroom, vacuum living room, and sweep kitchen floor. I know Bill will help.

Velda, your brothers name is similar to yours. Do you have other siblings?

Katy, I wonder what had you down for the day. Glad you are feeling better

Judy, glad your taxes are all done. Bill finished ours just before we left on this trip. This year we are getting back some! Woo hoo!

Valerie, are you ready for company yet? Have you worked out meals to make? If you can find the time, and have room, making ahead and freezing would be helpful. How is dad settling in to his new digs?

Izzy, you mentioned a lot of beautiful projects. I am wondering if you decided on the home sweet home swap. You said you would think about it. Deadline to sign up is March 28.

Chriss, I know we all keep saying it and we all want you to never forget – we are with you and Jerry in spirit. Glad you squeaked your wheel about the testing appointments.

Mary Q - I hope Evie’s birthday was as nice as mine was. What did you give her for a gift? Has Viv gone through the boxes of fabric you were storing or is she just taking them with her?

That’s all I have for now. Need another cup of coffee and then start making ready for travel.

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!
4 days till the deadline to sign up for swap. If you were thinking, it’s time to think faster. 😁

Mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:57 am

Good Sunny Morning Every one

Happy Friday!! Sunny but cold and when I asked Alexa what the temp will be today... she tells me it's only getting up to 38* MAN I wish it would warm up!!!

Judi... Doesn't it just feel like this winter will never end!!!! I would so love a good old fashioned thunderstorm to clean things up around here. Lots of dirty snow! It will be so nice to see green grass again. Though by July I'm sure I'll be complaining about the heat!

Lois... Must be ESP... Laundry here today too! Went to throw the first load in the dryer and discovered that I hadn't taken out the last load from last week! So that's where all my clean shirt were!?

Izzy.... Good to hear that you are feeling so much better. My DD in AK is having a colonoscopy this morning almost as we speak!! Not a fun procedure for sure. But I hear that this is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month!

Valerie... Well DUH... I'd take sewing over chores any day!!! I kind of pretty sewing is like a job (only much more fun) so I sew at least Mon-Fri. And save Saturday for chore day. But now I'm really not liking it when Saturdays roll around so fast. And from the looks of my place this morning, I know I will have full tomorrow with dust rag and scrub bucket! Picture Carol Burnett!

Velda... I forgot.. is Your HOA going to NOT have a management company? And you'll do stuff yourself? We are almost ready to hire a management company here as things have gotten so overwhelming for our Pres. and nobody else wants the job. We are all old folks here so no "young'uns" to take over the job. We have one homeowner here that is real P I T A!!!!

Katy....ALL the fast food places have gotten so expensive! Nice to get a refund isn't it! I have mine already safely stashed away. You'll have to us know how the canned chicken goes.. I've seen it at the grocery store and wondered how it was. I can do canned tuna, but canned chicken just sounds wrong!

Maryz... HEY Birthday girl! You had fun day? How were the enchilada's? I got lots of Nana hugs from my birthday girl. I got her a gift cert. for a Manny/pedi. Corinne's b'day is April 2nd, so I'm thinking I might get her one too, then the 3 of us can go together! (I could sure use a pedi too) Viv went through some stuff when they were here a couple times ago. They have a big pick up truck, so they are going to stop by and take a lot of it back with them. Viv is going to share it with her quilt group. (to sell some) And the rest of it will go at the Garage Sale in May. I think I found the perfect background for my HSH swap...:-)

Valerie Will be posting the April Sometime today or tomorrow so keep your eye open for that!

Since I haven't done a darn thing yet this morning, I better get to it... Refill the coffee cup and crank up the music!

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:05 am

Good morning!

Well, yesterday while waiting for Gracie at school, snow dumped on us. 3 inches in 20 minutes! This is Spring? And it's snowing now at my house, so far another 4 inches and the they predict about 12 more in total. We have broken the record for water in the snow this year. That record was set in 1983, when all that snow melted and flooded SLC, where the roads were sand bagged and created a river to divert the flood water. I guess you can say, here we go again! The Great Salt Lake has already risen over 2 feet from the lowest water level as well. We prayed for this and are so grateful for prayers answered!

Now the funny snow story of the day - the city brought out the big plow and as we were heading to Gracie's school, it was just in front of us. We stayed back a distance. The driver started plowing and was sending the ucky snow up and over - out of the way - right over the backyard fences of the houses , next to the road. He did that for about 2 blocks until he realized what he was doing. I texted Aaron letting him know what was going on, just in case there are complaints. I was too slow and missed getting the pictures.

Not much happening here. The new RV will arrive today, I will do a few uglies and sew.

Please let me know, is there a sun out there that still shines? It's missing here!

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:28 am

Good morning. The next few days will be dry. YAY!! I want to get some weed eating done. Not sure how Jerry will feel, he may want to ride on the mower, or he may not. I need to weed eat the area between our fence and the road as well as a small hill in our back yard. The grass is high enough to tickle Moose's belly as he goes to do whatever Mooses do outside.

Today will be the MRI on Jerry's spine, then dinner with the parents. Prayers will be gratefully accepted.

Not much else here. Hope you all have a productive day

Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”