Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 23rd

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday March 23rd

Post by maryq » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:44 am

Hey Girls

Can only stay a minute as I need to pick up Viv at the kids' house and make a mad dash to the fabric warehouse.

but I couldn't not stop by and wish MARY Z A super duper Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fun day in the truck with Bill and tasty dinner with the in-laws!

When I get home this afternoon, if I get a chance I'll stop by... but will be going over to the kids for Miss Evie's Birthday dinner! Will probably see you all tomorrow for sure!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:52 am

Thanks, Mary! Have a good day at fabric warehouse with Viv. And wish Evie a happy birthday for me. Love sharing my birthday with her!

Flo, thank you, too. Hope you’re feeling better and better.

Katy, did you know it’s national puppy day? I think your baby still qualifies!

We are going home tomorrow morning I was just told that 2 sets of friends are coming over tomorrow night and bringing cake and we are serving lasagna! Good thing I do spontaneous! This is why I always try to leave our house company ready when we go away. 😆❤️

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:05 am

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Maryz! Hope there's white cake with chocolate frosting! Your favorite if my brain remembers right!

Just waiting for my charges to arrive this morning. Aaron worked OT yesterday and gets to start his shift a bit later.

Taxes are done, war was averted and I owe the Feds less than the cost of a half yard of fabric. That came out pretty good, I'd say. State is a ugly amount, but no problem, as we know how much all year and set that aside. Our pension from CA refuses to withhold my tax amount for here, so we do it and pay in April.

So since it's Thursday, it's get all the uglies done for the weekend. No too bad around here. I tell Karlie to make sure all the little toys are away. I call those toys, Yoohoodi food.

Do fun stuff!
Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 am

Good Cloudy Morning......

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mary :D Wishing you a wonderful day!!

Rain due this afternoon. Yesterday I received the background fabric I need for the house swap. ONG it is so cool & smooth....love it.

I've been feeling a little under the weather. Feeling much better today even with rain coming. There is still little patches of snow where the sun never shines.

Going to press fabric today for my house swap block. Also some picking up before the cleaning girl comes.. Nothing much going on here.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Becca sorry I missed it.

Suzette........feeling better now that you have your machine back? Good.
I gave up Coats & Clark when I got my 1st Pfaff. The quilt shop said C&C has short fibers & the others we now use have long fibers. Enjoy your coffee.

Judi......have a wonderful sewing day. Hope you picked something easy to make for dinner. I didn't know you could arrange for monthly deliveries. Hope you get it fixed easily.

Lois.......hope you get all that cleaning done today so you have the week free.

Vel....cute story. I bet you could do a great job as the president but do you have the time?

Becca......sounds like you have a wonderful birthday. A 50s ice cream shop sounds like fun. Saying prayers for the little one.

Diane......hope they got your machine running smoothly.

Maryz........ hay there Birthday girl! Getting anything special today? Sounds like a wonderful day at the shore. Is your batting made in Elma? Sounds like you had a good trip.

Flo...... sorry your not feeling well. The Dr's sound s like the right idea.

Love & Prayers.......Kathy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:18 am

Diane and anyone curious. This change of HOA management is because it's new construction and the developers only have one more unit on the market. So it's time for the 12 home owners to manage their own HOA. We will need to have a lawyer in retainer so we have someone to go to with legal questions and setting up by-laws, rules, etc.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:19 am

Jana, Thank you and yes, your rememberer is remembering correctly - White cake with chocolate frosting is where it’s at for me. Yum! So you pay federal income tax, California income tax, and Utah income tax all on the same income??? Is there any left for you? WA Is one of the few states that doesn’t Have income tax but we do have a hefty sales tax - abt 9%.

Kathy, it will be your birthday soon too! Lots of March celebrating going on! I got a bottle of my favorite perfume, Windsong, from my hubby. Plus, he is taking my mother‘s ring to be repaired. Haven’t been able to wear it for a lot of years.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:25 am

Becca, belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

MaryZ, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you will have a wonderful day. Autumn is getting close to the delivery day, we will all give a big sigh of relief.

MaryQ, a couple days back you asked about my taxes. We have not been Colorado residents for almost 20 years, so the only tax there is house taxes.

Velda, you would make a good HOA Pres. I don't think it would go to your head like it does to some. Your little subdivision must be built out if they're ready to hand that over to y'all.

I think we have a new problem with our Silverleaf panel. I have woke up 2 days in a row with the A/C running in kitchen, it was set at 63. That's chilly in my book. I changed the settings back to 73 yesterday, but woke up today with same problem. That panel seems to have a mind of it's own.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Lyn

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:50 am

Happy Birthday Mary! Sounds like your having a wonderful birthday trip. White cake with Chocolate icing sounds wonderful. How nice of DH to have the ring repaired. Is the ring from a special occasion?
Suzette except under special circumstances, I only use Aurifil thread. At best products review.com it is listed as number 1, 9.9 out of 10. There are those machines though that don’t like it.
Oh Judi the thrills of online ordering. I have had issues with Amazon deliveries lately. In certain instances, they send off to another delivery company and then good luck. Hope you get your order back. That’s a lot of work to redo.
Lois our rain has stopped for now. I think we are under sunny skies at least through the weekend. I will need to do some cleaning today too. Will also get to sew a bit.
Vel President, can’t think of a better person but you are right. That’s a big job. I would have no idea what the job entails. HOA have their pro’s and con’s. I am sure the Attorney can stear you in the right direction.
Becca sounds like you had a good birthday. I love those 50’s places. We still have a few around here.
Diane those pins can be sneaky. Hope all is well now.
Flo so sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. Seems like maybe you do need and antibiotic?
Maryq slow down, your wearing me out! Happy Birthday Evie!
Jana aren’t California taxes wonderful! I beat them to the punch and last year starting having an extra $200 out of fed and state so this year, they owe me! The feds have paid up but still waiting on California. Dad’s are done too, he always gets his all back and doesn’t even have to file state.
Kathy your BD is the same as my Mom’s was. Makes it easy to remember. I am going to be working on several projects today. Hoping to get some more cutting done on my HSH blocks.
Lyn UHM, may be time for a repair man?
Was going to go to open sew today in Antioch but I think I will stay home. Didn’t sleep well last night and it’s a bit of a drive home. Friday night traffic and don’t want to fight the sleepies. So I will get some chores done and then spend some time in the sewing room.
Have a glorious day everyone
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:12 am

Straighten out tax info we only pay Fed and Utah. No California as we are no longer residents. California pension just withholds the fed tax. I have to do the math and set aside each month our Utah state tax in our bank account. It's a fixed rate, so I have a number to use to know just how much I set aside.

I tease Michael that he has this magic turnip that gives money. You see, he is one of those who budgets faithfully each month and puts money aside in the accounts to cover what we need to live on. That's his turnip! He tells me, you have to put money in for the magic turnip to work. :)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:40 am

Good morning. We are supposed to be rain free for the rest of the week woo hoo.

Today will be cleaning the kitchen (did the bathrooms yesterday) and sewing. If it warms up and there is time, I will clean up the breezeway. I should be able to weed eat this weekend. As I type this the rain has started, stupid weatherman.

I squeaked my wheels as Lyn suggested. Called the cancer doctor yesterday to "ask how things are done". I gave the girl I talked to the superior roll of leading me through the maze. She told me they were waiting on Medicare to approve the tests. And poof, just like that they were approved, and we got calls to have his tests scheduled. He has an MRI on his spine tomorrow and a biopsy on the 30th. Pray that his results are quick to the cancer doctor because that appointment is on the 31st.

Friday is dinner with the parents, they will be celebrating their 34th anniversary. And I, their daughter, will be 60 this year. That's some crazy math. We will be going to the Elks club. As much as I want the dessert to be peach or apple something I hope it's banana or coconut.

Maryz, A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! Your friendship is a true blessing to me, thank you for it.

Suzette, It's nice to have your toys in your playroom. I have a Jazz2 machine, it is fussy about being threaded, I joined a FB group for this machine and there are so many helpful hints. Perhaps there is a FB group for your machine?

Judi, I love Amazon, but really don't shop to often. I use it to send Marilyn something or to do Christmas shopping, and a few other things. I've never tried the subscribe and save feature. If it weren't for TV I probably wouldn't even have it. Kind of like Costco. If it weren't for the convenient gas station, I probably wouldn't be a member. Enjoy doing your thing.

Lois, I'm a connecting threads thread person too. When they have a sale I buy a few spools at a time. I use one just to refill bobbins and fill as many as I can at a time. I sent you a message on FB with a free bunny garland pattern.

Velda, my nephew used to say, you don't get a year older until you blow out your candles. It's not about the cake but the candles. I think you'd make a great president. I imagine that bylaws and a mission statement will need to be either reviewed or created. Google how to be a HOA president and you will surely get pointers. I think, with you, things will be organized and fairly run. Kind of like the Declaration of Independence you will be at the forefront of your HOA. I think it's pretty cool. I just read where you said there were 12 homeowners, do you even need a HOA?

Becca, prayers of healing said for the babies, born and not yet born, in your family. Prayers for their parents as well. I'm so glad you had so much fun yesterday. Sounds like the perfect birthday.

Diane, nice to have your machine back I bet. I'm sure you put a lot of miles on it each year.

Maryz, what a wonderful way to spend the day. A quilt shop and enchiladas with family. It's good to be you. I wouldn't mind that enchilada recipe, I seem to be the new cook in this house lately, guess it's my turn. Curious to know what you bought in that little shop on the pier.

Flo, I also clean my machines. I hardly ever take them into the shop but they are old machines, and easy to take apart.

Maryq, happy birthday to Miss Evie, what did she pick to have for dinner? Gosh, some day I will come there and we will go to the fabric warehouse, I have never been. Enjoy your fun day.

Jana, we have also finished our taxes. I got enough back from the state to get one yard of LQS priced fabric $13. I wish all taxes were based on percentage or a flat per person tax. Sure would be easier. Hope those toys get picked up. I used to empty pockets before doing laundry and got to keep whatever was found. I had a nice collection of very important things.

Kathy, there you are. Hey everyone! I found Kathy!! What did you pick for the background fabric for the houses? What color are you using? I think I am just going with white on white. Hope you are feeling much better very soon.

Lyn, do you go back to Colorado often? Seems like you are a Texan now. Hope the AC thing gets fixed, how far do you have to take it to be repaired? Have you signed up for the house swap yet? I'm waiting.

Valerie, seems you decided to share your rain. We were supposed to be dry today but I guess I have you to thank. We also got both state and fed refunds this year. I will also be completing a chore and then on to my room to play. There will be no outside working today with the light rain so after channeling my inner Katy I will be in my room.

Jerry is having breakfast so that means I can clean the kitchen, basically wipe down all the counters and clean the microwave and stove top. Then I can go play in my room.

I have regained my title as chief cook and bottle washer. Tiara and sash worn proudly and sceptor in hand. For the longest time (10 plus years) Jerry did everything. I made fried chicken and Mac N Cheese the other night and last night was meatballs in gravy (cream of mushroom soup) with rice. Tonight, he will have all those leftovers, I will add a veggie. He's wanting kind of bland food and is already a picky eater.

If I don't shut this computer down, I won't get started Hope you all have a blessed day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”