Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, February 5th

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Re: SUNDAY, February 5th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:36 am

Good Afternoon. After church I decided to starch, stretch, and pin a couple of the doilies I sorted and washed yesterday. One is so pretty and delicate, I think I will look for a nice frame with glass and mount it on a dark fabric in the frame to hang on the wall.
Some I will rotate with the doilies I am currently using on shelves and tables. They help to keep all the dust under control. If I starch them good, then when I clean house, I can just shake them outdoors and not have to dust so often.
Our church has movie night tonight. We didn't want to go for the supper, so we just put our name down for movie only.
No sewing today, I have stacks of doilies all over my sewing room and ironing board.
Maybe I will finish up the sorting tomorrow??
Sorry for the sickness and troubles many are dealing with. Enjoy the warm weather, Judi, and your visit with family.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:58 am

Good Sunny afternoon from the back porch. Minnie and I are in the south side, she's on her sunning mat aka door mat and I'm sitting in a Free style rocker. If you don't have one of these lawn/camping chairs, you are missing out... that's my sales pitch for the day.

The Dr's office called this morning to say the person Garry was to see tomorrow is sick. His appt is now Thursday afternoon with the head Dr.

I had told y'all, a few months back, that I bought a rolling tote to put all my sewing supplies in, so I could move from MH to houses. Well I didn't think we would be this long, so I didn't bring it, only a little zipper bag with rotary, scissors and some odds and ends. Lesson learned!!
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:29 pm

Lyn, isn't that just the way? Glad Garry has the appointment rescheduled with the head doctor. Hope it's productive.

I am going to be away fro a few days. Going to my uncle's 80th birthday. Jerry is going to stay home. He seems to be moving better and the blood thinners are seeming to help. I'm quite sure the cancer doctor won't call with appointments for the tests too soon and Jerry says that he is able to drive if they do call.

I think he wants me to go so he can have some peace and I want to go because I need to have some time away.

So, I will be back Thursday, you all have a marvelous week.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:33 pm

Good for you Chriss. Go recharge your batteries. Have a great time with the family.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”