Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday January 31 2023

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Tuesday January 31 2023

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:30 pm

Chriss it is not the "Cancer" that makes one grumpy. Being given a potentially terminal diagnosis causes (in most instances) people to enter a grief process. Just as we do when someone passes away. Anger is one of the stages of grief. Anger at God for "allowing you to get sick", Anger at the disease itself for "ruining" you life, and the list goes on. The reason Jerry takes it out on you is he is confident in your love for him and that you will stick by him no matter what. In other words, the patient "takes it out" on the person they feel closest to. There are many books on the grief process and dealing with potentially terminal diagnosis. You may have to set boundaries though.

I think Bingo is a great idea and yes, eat the pie 🥧. It is also okay to seek professional assistance if you think it needed.

Prayers heading your way.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Tuesday January 31 2023

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:18 pm

Thank you Valerie. I really needed that. Really can't blame him for being angry. There is so much that we don't know yet and won't know for a while. And yes, I will certainly have pie. Thanks!!
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”