Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, DECEMBER 1st

Daily discussions.
gershwin64

Re: Thursday, DECEMBER 1st

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:43 am

Valerie, one of my nativity scenes is porcelain from Avon years and years ago and the other is a native American ceramic set I painted.... in 1992 and I put the baby Jesus that's incorporated into the creche in at the same time as the rest. I'd probably forget otherwise.
Retirement! By end of 2023 or 2024! That's awesome news! You'll have more time to sew!

Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:56 am

Valerie - at the count in my head there's about 10 nativities at my house, and the baby is attached to the Manger, so all the pieces go out at the same time. My littles like to play with the Fisher Price Nativity and tell the story themselves as they play. I have one set that is Lenox and another that looking in the style of Lladro. I also have one that I painted many many years ago.

Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:09 am

I will have to look at this one. I don't know who the maker is
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:15 am

Good morning. No sunrise this morning. Well, it did rise but is hiding behind a grey sky. It's mildly windy and there is a chill in the air. The weather girl says we are supposed to get rain and snow in the higher elevations, I'm not convinced.

Today I want to do a couple of Medicare classes and sew. I'd really like to clean the inside of my car but it is a bit chilly today.

Maryz, so nice of you to think of me, I am imagining you are thanking me for bestowing upon you that pattern. You are very welcome. No news on Medicare and dental, vision or hearing as of yet.

Judi, Yum, Italian food. I used to love spaghetti for breakfast. Fun that Liam gets to be in Pa's rink. Extra cool that Pa brags on Liam. One day Liam, if he hasn't already, will hear some of the stories that his grandpa told and it will make him smile. 27 is a lot of bins, I bet it's beautiful at your house. I was at the DMV recently. I made an appointment and had a good experience; I was so surprised at how well it went that I told the clerk what a great job she did and how surprised I was.

Lois, have a fun day, I suppose it's snowflake sewing for you? you really do make pretty quilts.

Jana, if you would please send that storm down here when you are done with it I would be thrilled. I want a storm, but it seems to elude me. Glad Karlie had a plan B for her birthday. Sounds like she had a perfect day.

Flo, glad the wrist is just sprained. If you want a picture posted of the Noel sign you now my email address, I'd be happy to post if for you.

Katy, I have used Crayola fabric markers. When Marilyn was little she would color a t-shirt for him for his birthday. He has a few of them and they are still looking good. I would take a plain tshirt, iron some freezer paper under it so it would be stiff and easy to draw on, she would color them and then I would iron them to set the color. Wash as usual. Glad Jim hasn't had siezures in a while, hope that continues.

Tina, what will you be baking. Jerry usually makes candy but has scaled that way way back this year. He made a ridiculous amount of candy last year.

Kathy, pumpkin oatmeal sounds like a cozy bowl to watch Halmark movies with under a warm quilt. I am also an Amazon shopper. I'm not big on going to stores or malls. I am a thrift store shopper, but that's only for me.

Valerie, Wow, hope that retirement gets to happen sooner rather than later. We have cut our Christmas spending way down as well. Jerry and I hand eachother a list of wants. I'm having a heck of a time finding something I want. This year I gave Marilyn money and Richard gets that bowtie quilt. I hadn't heard of putting the baby in the manger until Christmas eve. But I do have the nativity set that used to be my parents. One day it will go to my son. I do secretly want to win the lotto, but more importantly I want a lot of entries in the end of the year surprise. I do like the snowball block, I flew through it and it really will make a nice quilt.

Maryq, I do the same as you. I come here and start typing, watch the news then Kelly and Ryan. And as I finish up here I think about what to have for breakfast. Problem is, Jerry gets into the kitchen before me so my breakfast becomes brunch. Happy ribbon fluffing.

Since I have started typing here the wind has picked up a little. Leaves are flying off the trees but it only seems to be raining leaves so far. I think the weatherman needs to find another career, this one isn't working for him. His pants are clearly on fire.

I need to start my day. I think it will include laundry and maybe a clean bathroom or maybe all 2 1/2 bathrooms. Ok, here I go. You all have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:41 am

I just received an e-mail from Becca. Her hubby, "CA", has been declining rapidly and yesterday was moved to Hospice House. She says "He's in transition. Please pray for a peaceful home-going. Love Becca"
πŸ’”
mz

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:16 am

Thank you for letting us know Maryz, I'll be praying for them πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Chriss, hmmmmmm let me see.... we make brownies, blondies, pumpkin logs, banana nut bread (those are already made and in the freezer to pass loaves out on Christmas Eve), pumpkin cranberry bread, pecan sandies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, pecan bars, pecan tarts, chocolate fudge, divinity some years, turtles, peanut butter fudge, cherry crumb bars, sugar cookies, stained glass cookies.....I think that's about it that I make trays up to give as gifts. I also make sticky buns, bread pudding sometimes, poppy rolls and chop suey cake for whoever is here to eat on. I don't really make anything like that at Thanksgiving, just Christmas so I have my gifts to give. The platters I make up are pretty huge for each household, the loaves of breads don't go on the platters. I'm told it wouldn't be Christmas to them if I didn't do it. 🀢

Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:58 am

MaryZ, thank you for sharing the update, a sad one indeed.
Prayers for Becca and family. Prayers for CA in his remaining time here. May it be peaceful. May God's Angels surround them all at this time.
Lyn

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:59 am

Tina, let me know when you want me on your doorstep to taste test!
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:02 pm

So sorry for the sad news...it is a bad time of year for sadness....Praying Becca's "CA" is comfortable and has a peaceful journey.
I had a 2 hr adventure at the DMV, we call it the Secretary of State Office here. I tried to do it on line but it would have taken too long to get the tags,,,They are so slow....I did try to make an appt but the on line site wouldn't let me...so I trudgged down there and sat with all the others who had the same problem...Once I got to the desk it took 5 minutes,,as I had every thing done even made out a check to them.
I did gt all the baking supplies in the house for that next weeks adventure,,,,brownies more snowball cookies and chocalate chip and shortbread, my DD makes cherry chocolate cookies too.,,and all the pierogi stuff...( by the way Pierogi is plural) and i will make about 150.
xxxxxxooooooPs let me add Maryq's Moms cranberry bread ( Kens favorite)
Last edited by grammiequilts on Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:45 pm

Wow I'm with Judi it's a sad time I will be praying for Becca and family that CA has a piecefull Journey.

Lois

Return to β€œSew ins”