Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

New Update/12/01-ShirleyMae's Family

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

New Update/12/01-ShirleyMae's Family

Post by Ittybittygma » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:14 pm

Hi Everyone, Thank you so much for your prayers for my family this past week. DDs MIL passed away on Sun. The funeral is today at 12:30. Will be a graveside service and only last about 15-20 min. Since she is Jewish, will be led by a Rabbi. DD and SNIL will take everyone out to eat afterwards. MIL requested that they do that for her family and friends so we are heading to Cracker Barrel later. Will be a sad day indeed.

They had to move furniture out of her nursing home apt wed so would not have to pay another month's rent. They gave some of her stuff to friends in the nursing home including lots of books for the nursing home library. Will be a nice memory of Bette. DD and SNIL are exhausted tonight (wed as I type) and busy day tomorrow with funeral and all. SNIL 's sister flew in today for the funeral so had to take her out to eat tonight too. DDs breast cancer meds make her nauseated & get vertigo so hard to do so much all the time.

We received Rod's test results on Tue. Not Good. The MGUS is definitely Myeloma (blood cancer) but has not gotten into the bone marrow yet. It destroys the bone marrow and causes bones to become brittle and break easily. Will also cause increasing pain in his feet and joints, neuropathy. he already has that pain from his diabetes. They are starting treatments on Dec 8th. Will have to go to VA once a week for treatments and get blood tests the day before. Since he is a liver transplant pt, complicates it all. Can't do chemo, would cause body to reject transplanted liver. Dr and care staff are on top of everything tho and we totally trust any decisions they make. Please keep him in your prayers.

WE are holding up or trying to through all of this. Not easy. It finally hit me last night (think I was in shock) and I just started crying while watching a tv show. Didn't think I would ever stop crying. Rod just kept hugging me and let me cry. Think it made him actually feel better that I needed him too. We will stick together and fight this with a faith in God that we know provides miracles and healing.

Thank you everyone for your kind caring words and prayers. Prayers for all of you tonight as well.
God bless each and every one of you today and always. With so many others praying for us, we will get through this one day at a time. With love and hugs across the miles from AZ, Shirley Mae and Rod

fabricgirl

Re: New Update/12/01-ShirleyMae's Family

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:38 am

Shirley Mae you and Rod are in my prayers I praye that thing get better for yous and your family.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:47 am

Thank you for the update and very sorry for the test results on Rod. Prayers are for Rod for healing and you for strength and comfort.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:58 am

Prayers for you,,,,and your family...Trust God to take care of what needs to be done...

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:19 am

My love and prayers are with you & Rod.
Flo

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:58 am

Prayers for Rod and you and your family Shirley Mae πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Tina

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:35 am

You, Rod and family are in my prayers. Thank you for updating us.
Hugs πŸ’ž πŸ’ž
Lyn

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:57 am

Thanks so much for the update. You, Rod and all your family are in my prayers each morning.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:08 am

Prayers for you continue Shirley Mae.
Psalm 91

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:57 pm

Sending prayers for Rod, you and your family. When things get too much to bare, trust God with walk you through it. He always see's to our needs.

Return to β€œSew ins”