Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sad Update for Shirley Mae's Family Nov 27

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

Sad Update for Shirley Mae's Family Nov 27

Post by Ittybittygma » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:40 pm

Good Evening everyone, It is with extreme sadness and a heavy heart that I type this msg tonight. My DD3, the one with breast cancer, lost her MIL today. Hospice told them yesterday the MIL would live 1-3 wks but only made it one more day. She had her 87th birthday on Thanksgiving but was so out of it that day at nursing home, hard on my DD and SNIL. I have known Bette for prob 25 yrs so lost a close friend too. We simply prayed for comfort and peace in her passing and God brought an answer to that prayer. Please keep that family in your prayers this week.

Some other good news, DD's breast cancer is in the wait & see and take pills for `five yrs stage but they did get all the tumor when they did surgery earlier. The pills are making her nauseated and sometimes cause sudden extreme vertigo so can't drive right now but she is doing ok. Thank you LORD for that.

My DH goes in Tue to see Oncologist. They have been doing some extreme testing in past few weeks. WE get the results tue, and a plan to see where we go from here. He has that MGUS but we were told earlier it was in beginning stages so no idea how far it has progressed. It can turn into blood cancer that attacks the bone marrow especially in the legs, hips etc. Will find out, they do have treatment programs to slow the progression. He has so many other prob like diabetic neuropathy, arthritis, etc that cause joint pain so not sure what is causing what right now.

Please keep us in your prayers on tue. think funeral might be that day too. I don't know which end is up anymore and trying to hold it all together. Thanks for your past prayers. Hugs and Love Shirleymae & DH

suzette58

Re: Sad Update for Shirley Mae's Family Nov 27

Post by suzette58 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:59 am

Shirley Mae -
I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:29 am

Please know that you are never alone. Your unseen sisters are with you, surrounding you in pray and comfort. Strong shoulders to cry on and ears to listen.
Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:45 am

So sorry Shirley Mae. My love,hugs, & prayers are with you.
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 am

ShirleyMae, so sorry for the loss of your friend, prayers for her family and for your DH have been said. A prayer of thanks for your daughter, and for her continued health.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:24 am

Morning.....My prayers & thoughts are with you & your family through these difficult days.
Happy to hear about your DD.

Love & Prayers.......Kathy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:17 pm

Shirley Mae, condolences to DD3 and family and your loss of a good friend. Prayers for family. Praying for DH and you ❣️
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”