Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday October 6,2022

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday October 6,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:05 am

Good morning Everyone,

We are at 54⁰ now and we're going up to 75
So today we are taking a ride to the quilt shop so I can see what they have .
I have only 2 sections left to cut out for Aspen (Giant snowflake ❄ ) then the fun will begin.

There is no more rain coming down so that is making me happy.

Well thats all the news for today I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday October 6,2022

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:34 am

Good morning Lois, Our weather is about the same...we do expect a bit of rain today. I put a load of laundry in this morning but your idea of a quilt shop sounds a whole lot better. I just started cutting out the "Make Your Point" quilt. and its a lot of cutting but the sewing (16 patch and pin wheel blocks) does go pretty fast, I have tons of scraps to use up so I wont need a quilt shop run.
We went to Rykers hockey game and it was pretty fun to watch,,,they still dont keep score..but Ryker has th goal scoring down pat... at least 12....but of course we are talking about a 6 year old goalie with no experience. they dont even get upset yet,,,a hoot for sure, Tonight we will head to Kens rink where Liam is playing,,,we have resigned ourselves to nothing getting done around here with all the sports to go to. We eat supper and look on the calender to see where we are to go...but it sure is fun to hang out with family.
I nedd to go change out the laundry and get more cutting done...Have a wonderful day,,,Safe travels Maryz XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:18 am

Good Hopefully a Sunny Day!

We are suppose to get to 72'. I want to have a mug of tea on the porch one last time.

There are so many things I want to get done today I hope I can do it on no sleep last night & 2h the night before. How does this happen? But I will not give in!

My log cabin mug rugs are coming along. I'm thinking of making them for Christmas gifts.

Today is my SIL's birthday, he likes Amazon gift cards, I love him!

Lois.........Oh, have fun at the quilt store. Looks like the week end looks like nice weather.

Judi........I've got the laundry going too. I love to hear about all the games your DGC participate in.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:27 am

Good morning!

It will be a busy morning around here. Michael is taking Aaron to his follow-up Dr appointment for his broken finger. The stitches will probably be removed. I have my little girls, need to take Gracie to school and Lila will hang out with me until it's preschool time. Aaron has the day off, so he'll take care of his littles after the appointment.

Kari's parents are coming to visit in a couple of weeks. Time to shovel out and clean my house! Kari is still waiting on the new job. The new company wants her, but the owner is a bit old school at working from home, so that is holding things up. We'll see. In the meantime, Kari has a travel week to Iowa for a few days.

Yard is coming. Hopefully I can get to the Batt Cave sometime today. I need fabric fumes! After the traipse of yesterday, getting lost looking for a specific welding wire for Daniel, fabric therapy is needed. I supposedly live where addresses are easy to find. NOT! I was the navigator, telling Michael where to go, good at that, LOL, and we had a address with a west coordinate in it, so I interrupted the direction from Google and headed west. So wrong! Went totally the wrong, opposite direction. Finally, being thoroughly lost, called the store and got the right course to be on and got there to get the welding wire. I thought it was a need for Daniel and the yard, nope, it was for a lesson that Daniel is teaching on how to weld for Matt's scout troop. I love Utah, so hate their address system!

So, have a great day today, don't get lost!
Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:02 am

I got the garage cleaned yesterday and now have room.

29 out now. But going up to 63, hope it gets there fast. I will be working on getting stuff out from under the deck and put in the garage.

Jana. I lived in West Jordan for 7 years and I didn't like the street address system either!

Hugs some fabric for me.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:11 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today. I love that were edging into fall. It still gets a little warm during the day which is tolerable. But the nights and mornings with the windows open are so very wonderful.

Sheets are in the wash; I'm thinking of doing the quilts too. The pest control man will be here today to control our pests. Where was he when my kids were growing up? and my goal is to play in my room.

Friday night is Bingo, Saturday morning will be the Alzheimer's walk a thon followed by a drive to Columbia State Park where they are having a craft sale. Sunday is all about me. And next week through December is all about Medicare, except for the jaunt to North Carolina.

Lois, I saw the post from All People Quilt about the Christmas sampler sew along. Are you going to do it? I think it's cute.

Judi, I think it's so cool that you go to the kids games. How is Sophia doing? I think about her every so often.

Kathy, enjoy that tea on the porch. I've also been having crazy sleep patterns. hope we both get some good sleep tonight.

Jana, great class for the scouts, welding is a skill that would be good to have.

Lyn, glad you were there for those people locked behind the gate yesterday. They will smile when they think of you. A clean garage, yay you. If I lived here alone my garage would be clean and orgnized too.

Suzette, I like Lori Holt too. Should you go see a doctor for that bug?

Maryq, I'm also nervous about my SS project. My problem is binding. I'm not good at the corners. I told myself to just put it together and hope she likes it. I just need more practice. Thankfully my elf is a sweet lady and would likely just smile and say thank you.

Lori, I'm a taco salad girl too. I love the flavor of sour cream and salsa mixed into a dressing.

Guess I need to get my day started. Grandpa would say the day is half over.

You all have a great day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:38 am

Chriss Our little Sophia is not doing well these few days,,,I appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts,,We have been dealing with joint swelling and pain the last week...Drs just want to treat the symptom ( ice rest Meds) but are not so interested in finding out why, She has 2 more appts in 2 weeks at which time MamaBear will lay the law down...about finidng the cause and treatment...or refer to someone who is willing to do that...Trouble is all the special teams that deal with her problems are far away from us....She is already being seen at the University of Michigan medical center, but DD is willing to travel if she cannot get answers...anything for our girl. again thanks for asking about her,,,and those who send prayers and good thoughts thank you.

Return to “Sew ins”