Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday October 4,2022

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Tuesday October 4,2022

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:45 am

Good morning everyone. It is supposed to be perfect weather today. Mid 70's.
A bit chilly now but soon to warm up.

Does anyone remember or hear from meagsmom? It's her birthday today. I don't remember her real name but if she sees this Happy Birthday!

Stopped by Free Sew for just a couple hours yesterday and finished up the binding on my Dresden Plate. 4 more bindings to go.

Trying to reach Dad's dr but that is proving to be a challenge. He has a yeast type rash that he needs some cream for and his thyroid med needs refilled. I will try again today.

Going to the base to pick up some of his other meds.

Lyn sounds like your brother will be getting quite the honor. I wish Dad was healthy enough for some of these things. So sorry for the bad memories.

Not too much else new around my place. Lots of sewing to do. But time for another cup of joe.

Have a wonderful day everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:52 am

Good Cloudy Morning......

Isn't it just like a bad computer to work after days of trying & typing on the tiny tablet.

I also made a grocery order....it took for ever.

Love & Prayers........Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:14 am

Good Morning Girls

Wow, this is what happens when you over sleep A LOT! (in my defense I was wide awake at 0100) Y'all are up and chatty this morning!

If I try to chat with each of you, I'll be at the computer all day---I can type fast but I think slowly-- and it would take me all day to finish a conversation.

SO, I'll just say HI, and let you know I'm here and thinkin' of y'all during the day. I got a lot done yesterday, running both sewing machine at the same time. Made a new plan for my SS and it's working out well--- or it was until I didn't check my measurments! :lol: :lol: I'm making something similar for my BFF for Christmas so my brain is going off in two directions as the same time.

It does look like it's going to be a lovely day to open the windows tho and am glad I don't have to turn on the furnace just yet. Was thinking I'd run to the library today, but that involves putting on a public face and it just feels like so much darn work! :lol: :lol: I'll put it on the tomorrow list since I need to make a quick dash into WM.

Time to start up the machines and get to work (play) and make up for lost time sleeping!

Have a great great day everyone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:53 am

Good morning and happy National Taco Day. We have taco's every tuesday. Mine are over pork rinds as nacho's or as a taco salad. Tortilla's have too many carbs for me.

Jana, great job on dodging that scammer. No one ever should pay for a service before it's provided.

Not much going on here. I WILL go in my room and sew right after breakfast.

You all have a great day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:18 am

I know I have not been around for awhile. I am doing ok. Still battling with this chronic coughing. It's not Covid, it's not flu, doctor is calling it chronic bronchitis. Put on two types of inhalers. Increased some of my allergy meds. I am going back to see the doctor on Thursday for more review. I hope to get better results.
I have been very busy with church groups and sewing. I have made a few things for my family and friends. I can't keep up with reading all the posts, so some days I don't even get here to the forum. You all know, if you miss one or two days, you get lost and it's hard to keep up with everyone's busy lives.
Just wanted to say, thank you for missing me. I love you all, too. I just won't be a daily visitor, but stop by now and then, poke my head in and say "hello".
I have been sewing school bags, quilt tops, making adult bibs for local nursing homes along with lap quilts for those in wheel chairs.
Have a great day enjoy the nice fall weather!
Hugs! Vel
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:02 pm

Chriss, I like taco salad better. So we should call it taco salad Tuesday.

Hi Vel. Good to see you post again. Hope you can get your cough under control soon.

I've got all my chores done. Now to figure out where to go to lunch and then sew this afternoon.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:30 pm

Chris...Check out a brand called 'carb balance'..low carb tortillas...they are very good and the street taco size allows 3 per serving...filled with lots of veggie and a little meat it is a super good meal. I also buy low carb bread for a sandwich...it also is very good.xxxxxxoooooSo good the hear from you Vel...hope your cough goes away.

Return to โ€œSew insโ€