Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, Aug 18th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Thursday, Aug 18th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:01 am

Hi,

I've been so busy with family I don't even know if I made it here yesterday.

JANA - thinking of, and praying for you and your family. I'm glad you got in your anniversary trip.

JUDI - how did the eye appt go?

IZZY - are you going to work for NM school now instead of DE? Or in addition to DE?

MARY Q - How's things? Viv still there? I gave up on pickles. I have a black pickle thumb. Costco is happy to sell me theirs! Our dishwasher was supposed to be delivered yesterday but got pushed back to mid-Sept now. Sigh. Glad Bill re-installed our old one. Makes a funny noise but is working. Fingers crossed it holds as I'm running it twice a day with crowd here. usually, I run it only twice a week.

KATHY - I'm sorry Kim isn't getting the care she should. You know there is a state commission that you can, and should, write to with these kinds of complaints. One of my good nurse friends served on the commission here and in fact was part of the inspection team. In the meantime, will she be moving to another facility?

CHRISS - How is the fire near you? Is it out? Our news was full of fires and then all of a sudden, there were no more reports. I printed off the little pattern you sent. One of these days I hope to have time to give it a try. Thank you again!

LOIS - what's cookin' at your house?

VAL - So, what did you think of the Starry Night class?? You might have said, and I missed it. What do you think of that ruler? Does that pattern make two sizes? I can't remember. If so, which size are you making?

It's been hectic here with all the family. But fun. This afternoon my sisters and I are going for mani/pedi's and then we'll be making Philly cheese steak sandwiches for supper and eating outside by the firepit, sans fire. We're going to be 90* today so no fire needed - not even for ambiance. There's been no sewing for the past week and I don't see any in my near future. My brother and younger sis will fly home next Tuesday but my older sis and DBIL will be with us through Labor Day.

That's all for now.

mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday, Aug 18th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:00 am

Good Morning Mary,,I was up at the crack of dawn to walk the dogs...Now i have started laundry and will get as much done as i can ( about 3 loads) Caesar salad and grilled chicken for supper..my good friend called and invited me to lunch today...so that will be most of my afternoon...I might stop back at the farmers market for pickles...This recipe is fermented and not canned,,,they come out very crisp and sour...but you can add suger if you want,,,we dont. They keep in the fridge for months but they never seem to last that long. the key is the brine which must be accurate. I just read an article that said if you top the pickles with an oak or grape leaf they stay very crispy...( it has to do with the tannins in the leaf and is not toxic. ) I might have to go foraging in the woods to find them we have wild grapes and oak around here, I dont have a garden but I always find things to do ...LOL.
Sewing a few hexis and getting ready to start a new SG block. I also have atop I need to get quilted before my other friend comes to quilt hers next week.
Jana I hope and pray your family is doing as well s can be expected at your loss.
Everyone have a great day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:51 am

Good Cloudy Morning............

Well, the rain never showed up yesterday not today either. Today will be my call the rehabs day. My rehab to work out that I'm not paying the $3600 bill, the Ins Co said they are responsible. Kimberly's rehab because I'm not happy with some of her care. Oh Boy!

Today I'll square up the Christmas blocks you sent me while I was sick & look for a sashing in red.

I was surprised to get a call from my trash company telling me no pick up they lack drivers!

Maryz....... I'll check in to a commission for NY. She went to this rehab because they have a bariatric program for then very very overweigh....that is pure bull crap. There's no program. she eats the same food the other people eat, carbs, carbs, carbs. I could go on for ever. When I moved I should have taken her with me, even if she is an adult.
I'm glad you are having such a good time with your family.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:21 am

Jana, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for Sandee and all your family.
I didn't have time to look at previous posts yesterday and the day was busy and I didn't read any posts until almost bedtime.

Yesterday was a long day. The front seals are changed and mechanic took pictures of tires. Tires are in good shape, so I think they can wait. I had several errands to run, but found time to stop at a QS and look and buy. Also stopped at Michael's and they have plastic totes, buy one get one free. Also had a very short visit with a friend.

Today is blood test #3 for DH. Then after we eat something, we'll go to the MH and take it for a drive. Mechanic didn't want to test drive it. So we'll do that and stop back at the shop for him to check if all is well.

Hope your day goes well.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:46 am

Good morning!

It's a Thursday, so that means I am on a school run day. Ethan and Karlie. Then back home. Lots of work meetings for the kids. Daniel got paid yesterday and was happy to see more money in his check, less taxes here in Utah. It made a noticeable difference.

I will head down to my Batt Cave and sew today. I did give in to temptation yesterday. I bought - pre-ordered, the new Kimberbell bench pillow CD from QIAD. It has pies, mixers, and cooking things. My bench sits right near my kitchen, so it will be perfect. I already have the fruit fabric needed and the tan for the pie lattice, from all the potholders I made awhile back. I can order the leather used in the top from Kimberbell. I had help in my temptation, I showed Sarah, Kari and Sandee, my cohorts in crime! Made the mistake in asking, do I need this? Silly me, of course I did!

Well, the driver of the school bus needs to get dressed and head out. Everything is set now, funeral is Monday morning. We had to rearrange Aaron's family flight to Florida, so they will leave Tuesday morning for Disney World. And our Kate passed the written test to become a full fledged fire fighter. She currently only is a advanced EMT. She still has a oral interview and physical test, but she isn't worried about either, as she runs several miles a day now. Those tests are on September 1st.

Hugs and thanks yous,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:03 am

Good morning. Hot Hot Hot. Today will surely be a scorcher. Anywhere from 98 to 104 depending on which website you look at.

The plan is to take Jerry to the dentist. While he is there I will go buy a new coffee maker, his is leaking. I'd like to get some new pillows, then will pick him up and we will go grocery shopping.

He will make chili today and tomorrow we will take it to town for dinner with the parents. I love a good chili cheese dog, mine will be bunless.

We have a window AC and it condensates. little birds come and get a drink right outside my window. I love them.

Maryz, hope your siblings have a nice flight. Flying ain't cheap, especially if you need to add a room to your travels. I think the fires near me are pretty much out. There is one in the high country of Yosemite. Personally, I think they should let it burn and get rid of the underbrush and manage the forests properly, but no one asked. Nice that your old dish washer is installed Wonder if your new one is in Vicky's mess?

Judi, I'm a pickle buyer rather than a pickle maker. I love Dill and use relish as well as the stackers that are thinly sliced. Chicken and salad sounds like the perfect meal

Kathy, sorry for Kimberley's troubles. Has she already had the surgery or is this facility going to help her during surgery? I am also going to go look for (hopefully today) red sashing, wish we could go together. Mine is for the RW&B quilt. I need to make two more blocks and then can put it all together. mmmmm, egg salad.

Lyn, hope the blood test goes well and hope the MH checkup goes well too. Glad the tires can wait a bit.

Jana, glad you we able to help the economy thrive. Bet those pot holders are adorable. Congratulations to Kate. Will you all set up a mock oral board to help her prepare? Glad you all got the funeral arrangements made. Glad those kids have a great school bus driver.

Valerie, yay, the ramp will be installed soon. so glad.

Time to make breakfast. I think I will make some 90 second bread and add a couple of fried eggs.

You all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:33 pm

Good afternoon all, no CG today except for me so I am here late. Work has assigned us a bunch of online classes to do for our new EMR program so have been doing those. Will do the practicums (sp) one again. My first impression for this program is :mrgreen: It takes forever to do anything. So many different screens for one visit. Our old program the whole physical assessment was on one screen. Not anymore! It likely comes down to $$. Most EMR programs are not cheap.

Mary I made it through the first class and got the angel done. I am not sure I would have figured out that ruler without the class. At the end of the class I was still having to really think about each cut. But I think in time I will get it. I have to work on Shepard and Joseph for next class. First to pick out fabric. I am pretty excited about it. Wish it was going to be done for this Christmas but it won't be over until April I think. That's okay, gives me plenty of time to get it quilted and bound before Xmas 2023.

Kids are back in school here. A bit quieter outside. It has been a violent summer here in my little town so scares me with kids outside. There are a couple of girls who live about 5 or 6 blocks down that make cupcakes and cookies to sell. When they come, I buy them all so they just have to go home. They come alone with no parent/grown up. Can't believe the parents let them out like that. The oldest is probably no more than 8 or 10. The little one is 5 maybe.

My lunch with my 103 yr old's niece went well. She is coping with her loss. I am hoping to keep in touch with her. We actually knew each other back when we were young teens like maybe 12 or 13. Oh those were the days. We spend hours down at the creek. I told her we should take a little walk down there but not sure we could get back up!

Chriss I thought I heard there was the start of another fire down your way? Maybe I heard wrong. This is peak fire season so be careful.

Looking forward to cooler days of fall. Still trying to get these darn Ice Skates and Lotto block done. I thought of signing up for Free Sew tomorrow since there is an opening but decided to Free Sew at home. Too hot to pack things up and go 25 miles just for one day. 25th and 26th I will do consecutive days.

Off to finish up dinner, crock pot going. Have a great evening everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”