Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

August 16th Tuesday

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

August 16th Tuesday

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:32 am

Good morning, It is cool sunny and a beautiful day We have been out for our walk made the beds and put sun tea out to brew,
I will head to the farmers market for fresh home grown corn and tomatoes...I will freeze them. Wish I hadf a garden but our soils isnt the greatest,,,and althoug we did get a few good years out of it with only the 2 of us it just not in the books to do it anymore... We only have a small area where there is good sun,,,the rest of the yard is shady and iffy...but those of you who can I hope your harvest is awesome.
I did get more hexis basted and I have about 1600 done I will start sewing them together when I have a time to sit and sew...
Nolan has a scrimmige football game this afternoon so we might go watch him play...its at 1 and gets done at 3 so we will have a late lite supper...He will then go up to the lake to resume his family vacation.
Thats it for me what are you all up to? hope it s fun XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Re: August 16th Tuesday

Post by suzette58 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:39 am

Good morning everyone.
We are having another gray day today. Yesterday we had thunder and rain. Probably the same today. I have the baby quilt ready to start putting together. Rainy day is perfect for sewing. I need another cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:51 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,

I have been up early and now I'm all showered and dressed ready for the day.
Bill just got back from the gym we are going to the dollar tree or I should say the 1.25 tree :lol: I need to get a card and other stuff then when we come back he wants to go paint the white trim on the shed next week he will put white board on the bottom then white rock around the perimeter of the shed so the groundhogs won't be able to get underneath there anymore.
So while he is doing that I'm going to take the quilt out and give it a good pressing and ready it to go to the quiltshop tomorrow.

Judi have fun at the game.
Chriss thank for the table runner pattern.

Well thats all the news here everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:28 am

Good Morning All
I swear things need to slow down around here. Yesterday went to Abington to buy a new washing machine. My old one will not turn the water off when it is in washing mode or rinsing mode . thus I end up with a flood in my basement. If someone sits and babysits it {turns the water off } it runs. LOL We have been doing this for a year. Well I picked out a new washer after a chat with the sales lady. I looked at a washer like the one I have. $850 and would last 5 years. with a one year guarentee on parts only. She told me she had some Speed Queens but were more expensive. I looked at all of them. But the best bang for my buck was the most expensive . A seven year guarentee for both parts and labor. Commercial grade ,the type thats in laudermats. It should last 25 years . Yes it was expensive $1400. but should outlive me.
I started fall house cleaning and decorating for fall. Got entrance way done. today doing dining area. The reason for early start my chiro is retiring. So I am going to get as much done in next two weeks that I can.
Lois THis is one groundhog that would not dig under your shed. But I know what your saying I have ground squirrels making a mess of my yard.

Suzette Enjoy your coffee.
Judi You are so busy. Yes my garden although small has produced quite a bit. Still getting tomatoes and yellow summer squash. and sweet peppers and zuccini. In fact I wish I knew someone I could give my yellow squash
Well ladies this not getting my dining room washed down or decorated. and I need one more cup of coffee.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:39 am

Good morning,

My Sis & DBIL (Al & Tina) are here. My other sis, Teese, is in the air now, and Gene will be boarding his plane in about an hour. This old house will be rumbling by happy hour!

JUDI - Same here with a garden. I've tried planting gardens but we're just too shady with all our big trees. And our farmers Market doesn't have much to offer by way of fresh veggies/fruits. It's mostly artsy stuff. We hit fruit stands if we happen to be in eastern WA at harvest time, though this year we probably won't be. It's over 100* over there right now. It will be fun to watch the football scrimmage. How far away is "the lake"? Your hexies go FAST! Mine aren't so quick. But they are bigger.

SUZETTE - happy rainy day sewing! What pattern did you use for the baby quilt?

CHRISS - thank you for that pattern. It's a cutie. I'll be printing it off later this morning. I do love paper piecing! And yes, I'd love to see a foot of snow in your yard. You could make a snowman! What/who is in NC? It's either Keepsake Quilting or Connecting Threads that has Wide Back Wednesdays where their wide backs are on sale. Of course, today's sale prices are yesterdays Holy-cats-what-are-they-thinking prices. But sometimes there are good deals.

LOIS - the poor groundhogs. Now where are they going to live this winter?? You're not a very good groundhog landlord. I don't have a project going right now either. In fact, my sewing room is shamefully clean and tidy! It probably won't be getting messed up until second week of Sept at the earliest. Though that doesn't mean I won't be making plans!

LYN - oh, I hope you don't have a repeat of the Thompson Flood! That was bad. Can you get pallets to put in your storage area to raise up items you store - just in case. Our shop, with cement floor, gets a lot of moisture in winter and that's what we do, but we don't flood. You are superwoman. You rise to every occasion, every challenge, every disaster. I wanna be like you when I grow up!

MARY Q - Did you go to the fabric warehouse yesterday? Were you good? Naughty? My sis's fiver is parked on the cement parking slab at the end of our shop where we put our Boondockers. It's where they always park when in town. It's not in the driveway. Vicki is slowing down. Between the garbage, the overgrown vegetation, and now all the window screens that she's removed and dumped between our houses, I don't think she can even get over to our yard any more. The county has inspected recently - twice - and family has ignored their letters so they are going to court to get an order to have it cleaned up and will then charge the family or put a lien on the house. (old non-running car, appliances, and garbage are illegal here). Not sure how long that will take. And yes, my Autumn Jewels quilt is for me. :D :D :D

JANA - Quite the exciting party at your house! Great to have your own EMS throughout the family. I figured you'd see that new bench pillow with the pies. Tempting???

KATY - our Maytags are 30 yrs old and running strong. I feel like I should sprinkle them with holy water every wash day to keep the going. I know new ones wouldn't last even 8 years. We have a friend who is a retired appliance repairman and he says Speed Queens are THE appliance to have. If we have to buy new ones, I'm pretty sure that's what we'd get.

Yesterday we were ready for arrivals and a good thing. Sis arrived an hour earlier than I'd expected. We had a good evening together. They will be here until after Labor Day. The other two fly in and will stay one week. I'm going to bake some potatoes this morning while it's cool to make twice-baked potatoes to pop them into the oven tonite for supper. But that's the only real plan for the day. The guys will go to the airport to get the flyer-inners and my sis and I will go to Michael's looking for plastic spiders to put around our trailer for our brother. He HATES spiders.

Have a great day!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:42 am

Morning
DS1 was back on road yesterday afternoon. Company repairs truck, he is a company driver not an owner/operator. I was only supposed to watch grand pups yesterday, but DGD wanted to stay too...
Today is catch up day.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:38 am

Good morning!

In a little while we are heading off on a 47th Wedding Anniversary traipse. I think we are heading up through Little Cottonwood Canyon and over Guardsmen Pass, on a dirt , narrow road and come in to Park City the back way. There's a freeway that gets you there, but Michael says that's no fun! I hate dirt roads! But he says I have a car just made for such adventures. The pass is only open in the summer because of snow and the ski lifts and runs that go through the road area. When we get to the other side of the mountain, we will wander around and stop off at a year round Christmas shop. It's a tradition we have to buy some new something for our Christmas decorations on our anniversary. There's also a tourist railroad we'll see. So just two started this family those years ago and now we are up to 20! Oh my!

Karlie had a great day at school. She is a first grader. Ethan is the "big brother ", watching over her. He waited for Karlie at the school entrance and offered to take her to her classroom for Aunt Kari. Kari asked Karlie if she wanted that, and Karlie said sure, grabbed Ethan's hand and headed off together. Even forgot a hug and kiss to her mom. Kari laughed and said she was dissed! LOL! Ethan is a fifth grader this year. Gracie is in second, Lila starts pre-school, Emma is in fourth and Baden is in first. Those are my littles. My big boys, Andrew is a junior, Logan is in 8th, and Tanner is in 6th.

No sewing today, but there are a couple of LQS's on the other side of the mountain. "The bear" might just need to see what's on the other side of the mountain. So now that song can be stuck in your heads for the day! 😀

Have fun!
Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:53 am

The bear went over the mountain the bear went over the mountain the bear went over the mountain and what do you think he'll see.

Thanks Jana Happy 47th I hope you see alot.

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:13 am

Good Sunny Cool Morning......

My 3ed night in the 50's...closing windows, getting out a 2ed quilt.

I have an old movie on and Deborah Kerr is playing a woman named Briddy Quilty. Who of us would like that for a last name?

I noticed yesterday that my car inspection was due last month. For 10 years it was due in Jan...then I was sick & it got done in July. So off I go tomorrow to get it inspected & I'll stop for some of that 'cheap' gas.

Judi......living in the middle of no where you would think there would be a good farm stand. No veg patch for ne either. The soil may be good but it's full of rocks, no wonder the early settlers built so many rock walls!

Suzette......enjoy your rain & sewing.....perfect day.

Lois.....it's always a fun trip to the $1.25 store. I love the cards, I always find plenty there.

Katy......OMG that was a long time to have to play with your water. Enjoy that new one. I have 5 by Maytag and in 11 years I've called the repair woman at least 6 times. Can't win.
Sounds like a small but fruitful garden. My 1 tomato plant is starting to produce some small red tomatoes.

Maryz.......sounds like you will be having a great day. Happy hour sounds great. I think I have enough for 1 Margarita. Have a wonderful time.
No I'm not working on any thing...sadly.

Flo......good news DS1 is back on the road. Love & Prayers................Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:29 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Tuesday! One more day of running (kids school shopping) and then I'm staying HOME!! I think I would even resist an offer to go out to lunch with ________________ (some hot guy). The house looks like a sewing fabric work shop and really needs to get cleaned up!

Judi... Now that you mention farmers market, it reminds me that I need to pick up some cukes to make pickles! Might even see what I can find for good tomatoes and make some salsa or tomato sauce like Flo! 1600 Hexies! Oh my gosh! You are nuts (said with love) :lol:

Suzette... Do you know if it's a Girl baby or a boy baby? It's been ages since I've made a baby quilt! I have a whole tote box of baby fabric I could use if somebody would just have a BABY!!

Lois... Have fun at Dollar.25 store. I was at our local one yesterday. They can't get people to work, so they are closed 2 days a week and only open until 5pm. I barely made it. I did notice they have quite a craft section now and even saw a few FQ's of fabric---not great stuff... if you're desperate!

Katy... Holy Moly!! That's quite a new washing machine!!! I got a Samsung set and I don't remember anything about parts, labor guarantee etc... I just bought it because.... A. the washer would do at least a queen size quilt and B. the dryer would open the right direction for my laundry room.

Maryz...How fun for your sibs to be there all together! When was the last night you had everybody in the same place. I would imagine it's been a while since Teese and Tina saw Gene! How is Gene's wife doing? Yes I was a pretty good girl yesterday at the warehouse. I just picked up some fabric to go with a layer cake I have ( and have NO idea what to do with) and a few FQ's in case I need to make some more pencil cases, backing for one of my Christmas swap quilts, and some cute fabric for an apron. Viv outspent me by quite a bit, but then she needs to kind of stock up when she's up here.

Flo... .Good thing the company repairs the truck... Did they find another truck for your DS to drive this week? Are you doing more canning yet this summer? When I was at the kids the other day, they found more of my canning jars, so maybe I will do something after all! One of these days! :lol:

Jana... I bet that would have been a really neat picture of Ethan and Karlie holding hands! Can it be that Ethan is in 5th grade!! I think I remember when he was born! YIKES. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you are in for a little adventure across the mountains! 47 years is something to celebrate!!

Chriss.... Thanks for the darling elf pattern! I don't do paper piecing, but I'm thinking there might be a way to do it in applique! I do love that! Where would you fly out of to get anywhere?

Lyn... I remember those floods of 2013. My BFF lived in Greely then and had a terrible time! Which prompted them to move to Thornton until they retired. I guess lots of people lost theirs homes and had financial issues because nobody had flood insurance. Who would have thought?

Well... it's time... time for more coffee,.... time for some rocking music... time to get to work!
I'll spin around in a circle and where ever I stop, that's where I'll start!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday!

Return to “Sew ins”