Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, August 14th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Sunday, August 14th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:39 am

Good morning. Happy Sunday. It's going to be a beautiful day today. Just some playing in my room planned so far. Not much else on my docket.

Yesterday I tried a new quilt block and wound about 10 bobbins. I am on my last, just opened, spool of thread. I use Connecting Threads thread. They will have a sale and I will stock up then. Couldn't even find anything I needed enough to avoid the shipping charges.

Saw a cute jelly roll on today's QIAD email. Just under $20 but not worth the shipping. I'll have to shop and see if I need anything more. I can't justify shipping charges and I usually don't find enough to spend the amount for free shipping. Guess I'm getting cheap.

Suzette, I haven't had trouble with Amazon shipping incorrect product, and shop there often. But I have tracked shipments from many places, including Amazon and the post office. I've watched them go past my house to get to me a day or so later. I guess they have to go to their sorting facility to get to my smaller area. It's a UPS, USPS issue or the one I hate, FEDEX. don't even get me started on FedEx. happy fussy cutting.

Lois, Jerry and I laughed that your DD got a breast pump instead of dog toys. I think, because of your and Suzette's experience, I will look elsewhere for backing fabric but will still order the thread from CT and just cross my fingers.

Jana, bet the kids are excited for school to start. There was a time I would have joined you in a baked potato bar. Sour cream, butter, chives, cheese and bacon on mine please. We used to go to a restaurant, can't remember the name of it, that had a potato bar, and a salad bar. what you couldn't find at the potato section was at the salad bar. Love that the kids have uniforms.

Judi, so glad the baby is coming home today. Funny, no one can go to the hospital but the instant that baby is home Miss Navy Nicole will be covered in lip prints. Happy shopping. My day, like yours, will also include relaxing. I like when you post your word for the week, it makes me think of what my word would be.

Maryz, I went ahead and filled a few bobbins since you will be too busy with company to remind me to have them full, this way you can visit and not have to worry about me. You're welcome. I never made it to the SPCA sale yesterday, there were too many cars and parking is so limited. On the upside, I will be at a meeting in Sonora tomorrow and I have two thrift stores and a Joann's to shop at there. Our local Goodwill has really gone downhill. they take anything and everything. It's pretty junky.

Maryq, I am going to check out those patterns, I am a pattern addict. You are a Godsend to KC. She will wish her clutter never goes away. A lunch date sounds like a great thing. Enjoy those sweatpants.

Lyn, I also oversew my hexi's. I baste mine to the paper piece then sew the basted pieces together. It's great hand work but will likely never be a completed quilt. There is a lady near here who takes those pine needles (Ponderosa pine or Sugar pine needles) and makes baskets out of them. They are really cool. Enjoy that cherry fritter.

Flo, what will be on the BBQ? I can bring some oatmeal raisin cookies that Jerry made yesterday.

Sherry, glad you are feeling better, enjoy your paper.

Got my Covid test results back, I'm negative. Guess the flu like symptoms were just side effects of the shingles shot. I feel much better.

No plans on my list today. I think I will just spend time in my room. I have been watching The Waltons on Amazon while I sew. It's a show I can listen to and not have to pay attention to. There are quite a few shows like that.

My word for the week is declutter. If I can declutter a room a week, I can get rid of the excess quickly.

Hope everyone has a great day and a marvelous next week.
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”