Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday August 12,2022

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Friday August 12,2022

Post by WeeOne » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:13 am

MaryQ, you are busy! I will go watch your show. As for Quilt videos, there are so many out there. I've watched a few since we stitched the TV to streaming. You Tube on the big screen is much better than my phone.
As for Curt, this problem can go UN-diagnosed if people have asthma or other problems. He has asthma. Here's a website Curt sent me yesterday, that explains why it can be missed. Curt also has Myositis. It is a general description for chronic, progressive inflammation of the muscles. This rare disease can be difficult to diagnose, and the cause is sometimes unknown. Symptoms can appear rapidly or gradually over time. Primary symptoms may include muscle pain and soreness, fatigue, trouble swallowing, and difficulty breathing. Curt found out he had this about 3 years ago. I think Dr's just figured his trouble with swallowing was do to Myositis.

https://www.templehealth.org/about/blog ... chomalacia

Lois, I will have to look up your Aspen quilt. Hope you find background you like.

Judi, a trade of kids for dogs!? Hope the dogs don't get bored quickly, like the girls. :lol:

Jana, I hope to do some fun stuff after I do a few "adult" stuff. Your bench pillows are cute, but a lot of work. I looked at the patterns a couple weeks ago at the Loveland QS.

Katy, love my plastic totes. I need more. I did a mystery quilt back in 2012. There was another quilt forum I was on, besides here. Anyway, I had all the blocks done and ready to assemble, but they were in a bag on the sewing room floor when we had the 2013 flood. By the time we got to the house a week after the flood, they were moldy and I had to throw them out.

Kathy, HI. I'm so glad to see you post!!

MaryZ, safe travels to your Colorado sister & BIL, also to the others flying in. You must have a spotless house by now. Mine's on the other end of the spectrum. lol

My doorbell alarm in Texas went off a little bit ago. I quickly looked to see who was there and found the neighbor's cat laying on our porch. I turned on the microphone and said hello. That cat looked around but couldn't find me. :lol: It just continued to enjoy the shade. Coffee and scones are done, time to go cut up some branches before it get too hot.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Re: Friday August 12,2022

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:52 am

I am doing a lot of hexis...A lady sent me a calculator for how many hexis you need for specific quilt sizes . For one inch hexis ( my size if choice are measured on the side...6 sides all 1 inch) a twin sized quilt will take 2200 hexis, mine are all light colors and will be randomly sewn togther, I did goof... each tackle box ( ken had 3, I took 2, will hold 600 and my other 2 boxes will hold 500 each, ) When they are full they become a wip that I will work on when I want to sit and relax and watch some videos on the tube, this will be my 4th hexi quilt...Many of you do cross stitch, pillows, or embroidery , I do hexis...I still have all of my hexi quilts.
Yes Lyn I will trade girls for the pups and they dont get bored or whiney they just lay at my feet and look adoringly at me,,,,LOL xxxxxxoooooo

Return to “Sew ins”