Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, August 10th

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Wednesday, August 10th

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:23 am

Good morning quilting world! Almost done with my shift. Going to Free Sew today. Think I will work on BOM that just recently ended. Tomorrow is Finish It Class I will be doing the back for my 40 Fabulous Years. Free Sew again on Friday and start of Starry Night on Saturday. Busy week.

I have finally gotten the ramp managed. OMG who would have thought. Final bid is $13,000 something one as high as $19,000. We need 59 ft of ramp and 3 4 x 4 platforms. But it's just $$ and Dad can't take it with him so might as well spend it on a good cause. I will make the deposit today and hopefully they can install before the end of the month. It will be ADA compliant so if anyone complains we will be okay.

We are loosing our 70's weather and heading into the 80's. Praying it stays out of the 90s.

Nothing much else going on here. Have a great day everyone, hope you all get to fondle fabric.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:29 am

Good Cloudy Morning.....

The 90* heat wave has past us. I can see it out there heating up the ocean.
Well I'm now a member of the 'I slept all night too' club. I got up at 9:45 & started some laundry. Scratched my itchy leg in my sleep & got blood on my sheet so washing the sheet. Energy just seems to show up when you've had some sleep. A few uglies to do & want to have a mug of tea on the porch. My front porch is 12 feet up & I had planted Red Twig Dogwood shrubs. Some shrub! some of 'wigs' are now higher than the porch railing & it's been pruned. It will have a good pruning come spring. When I'm on the porch no one can tell.
Stop & Shop replaced all my cold food, $48 worth. I'm happy to end up with 4 lg Greek yogurts...love it with berries.

Suzette.......you are "sew" right rainy weather is the best sewing weather. There's no rain predicted here until Sunday....who knows that far in advance!. Will there be a quilt for the baby shower?

Lois.......I'll make the marshmallows & we'll all meet at you house. Been years since I've had a Smores. Hope you fine something perfect at the quilt shop.

Flo.......everything in the land of tomatoes seems real busy. Hope your coffee gets you through.

Judi.......I wouldn't climb up to change the top bunk. What do you make your Hexis with? & what size? I have some plastic ones....somewhere. If you think you might want them let me know. I'd love to have a reason to go through that cabinet. I think I have some sq's cuts too.

Diane.....have a wonderful wonderful trip!

Jana.....hope you find some good trouble today.

Maryz.......enjoy your lunch. You'll be all set for great afternoon of sewing...

Love & Prayers.......kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:52 pm

Good evening girlfriends.

Not much going on here. Had my shingles shot and got to play in my sewing room a bit. Then went to the local farmers market this evening. Yep, that was my day.

Suzette, I couldn't tell you the last time I went to a baby shower. hope it's fun.

Judi, ugh, bunk beds. I'm so glad they aren't in my house. I hated making those beds when my kids had them.

Maryz, Scottie called Moose today and told him all about the starvation period he had to endure. tsk, tsk.

Valerie, so glad that Dad's ramp will be moving forward. Huge blessing.

Kathy, glad you got some good sleep and no longer have to hide behind the Dogwoods. I just had strawberries and yogurt. Love fruit and yogurt.

Nothing else new here. Hope you all have a great night.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”