Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday July 6th, 2022

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Wednesday July 6th, 2022

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:36 am

Good Morning THunder and lightening last night again,,,around 3 am. Shook the house. We are expecting more rain today, Its ok with me the grass was brown now coming back to life. So are the mosquitos.
Today i plan to do a few clean ups...the Fridge, and kitchen floor. then I will go up to the sewing roon and hand stitch the binding on 6 of the placemats. I have 6 more to go they are so easy,,quilt as you go patterns made with jelly rolls...I have 3 Christmas jelly rolls in the stash.
I wish I had a spot for a cute bench and bench pillows they are so cute. but there is no place for them. I would only make a fall and Christmas one as those are the only time I decorate the house...I do need to decide on what to do in the basement family room that will be done by fall,,,(hopefully). I will get a second tree for down there and lots of decor that usually doesnt get put out will now have a home... the bar area will be perpetually summer with a margaritaville theme.
I have had coffee and toast this morning,,so I need to get dressed and comb the hairs...all of them.
Hope you all have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Re: Wednesday July 6th, 2022

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:08 am

Good morning!

Quite warm at 5 am or so. 72 with a nice slight breeze. Windows are open and somewhere a pretty little kitty is wandering around learning her new home.

Kari and Karlie arrived safely last night. Ethan helped unload their car and had dinner here. The kitty,, Smoky is a full grown cat,, about a year or so old, very shy. She has taken a likening to my bedroom, under the bed or in my closet under my dresses. Right now, I am coaxing her, trying to make friends. She is talking to me a little bit, we will get there. Daniel is in Elko, safely and will be here in a bit. It's three hours, running time (driving) so I expect him just after breakfast.

Kate spearheaded a sign, welcoming Karlie to her new home. The little girls made and decorated it and got Karlie a couple of small toys and a treat.

So it will be unloading the truck, making messes everywhere and all that is just plain wonderful! As our Chriss says, It's good to be me! Yes, it is! Long time coming to have all my kids in the same state, same place, where I can spoil all of them! Daniel, when we moved here, swore that he'd never ever, never, move to Utah. Well, he's here now! 😀😃:)

Have a great, wonderful and productive day!

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:17 am

Morning
Jana yes its awesome. When we moved here, our kids said same thing. Now only 1 lives here, but I still am Blessed. Other 2 are in NE Pennsylvania & SE NJ about 2 hr drive between them. We are planning a visit end of summer early fall.
Yesterday went to Menards and to get a hair cut. Plugging away on heart quilt.
Very hot here today so inside for us.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:28 am

Good balmy morning,

JUDI - I was watching national weather last night and wondering if the edge of that weather system was going to get you. And Mary Q, too? I think a few other of our quilty friends were taking a direct hit. I, too, would like a place for bench because those bench pillows are so cute. But there's no place in this house.

VALERIE - How is everyone in your household? All testing negative now? How is your DGS that was living with you doing? We could have picked up the dishwasher ourselves, but we would have had to remove some of the things Bill has semi-permanently bolted in the bed of the pick-up which is a pain. And they offered free delivery and we have a flight of deck steps it had to be hauled up. The free delivery offer sounded much better. Besides, the problem is they can't find the dishwasher in the warehouse. So who hauled it is a moot point.

CHRISS - Lois is such an inspiration - I did laundry yesterday, too, because she put it in my mind.

MARY Q - It must have been laundry day yesterday. Loved your parade! lol! But in your small neighborhood if everyone were in the parade, there would have been no one left to be the spectators! You're doing an I C, too? What colors?

JANA - Did Smokey and the Gang get to your house last night? Ooops! update: when I tried to post I saw you'd posted while I was typing. Glad all is going according to plan. Smokey is probably wondering what the heck is going on! And what was with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - 12 hours in the car and now a strange house!

FLO - stay cool today! Good day to work on hearts.

Yesterday was two loads of wash hung on the lines. Got them down in the afternoon just before rain showers hit. I vac'd, cleaned out under the bathroom and kitchen sinks, and WASHED DISHES. lol! And then I sewed. I've got 206 little stars done, 9 half done, and 35 left to sew. I'm closing in on them! But then what?? I'm hoping my North Stars pattern comes in soon. And I'll need to get some background fabric, tool. It takes almost 5 yds. Also, Bill is nearly done quilting the Irish Chain so I'll have that to trim and bind in a day or two.

Bill made only one call to Lowe's yesterday. Talked to the appliance mgr. Our complaint is more about lack of communication. From NOT loading the dw on the truck (but saying they did), to not telling us it wasn't coming, to promises of returned calls that never happen. And the mgr said, "I'll call you back". But of course, he never did. If these people don't have monkeys running their store, perhaps they should consider it. Things couldn't be more messed up! :lol:

Today I have chiropractor and then I'm going to clean the laundry room. Too many duplicates of cleaning products are in the cabinets, so I'm going to be combining or moving some to the garage shelves. I'll work on my little stars, and I don't know what other kind of trouble I can get into, but I'm sure something will pop up.

If we have any knitters in the crowd - KATHY! where are you?? - our current Boondocker used to own a yarn shop in Portland but now they live full time in their motorhome and she gives knitting classes on U-tube. Cherieknits. I don't do yarny things, but it might be fun for someone who does.

Full bobbins! I hope you got 'em!
Mary z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:53 am

Good Day Everyone ❣️
Flo, I read your post as: went to Menards to get a hair cut. I'm thinking, didn't know they put salons in. Lol A couple sips of coffee and the 'and' came in focus.

Jana, glad the kids are arriving safely. Enjoy!

MaryZ, hope you find your dishwasher. We're going to the Chiropractor this morning, maybe we'll be getting tweaked at the same time.

Judi, sounds like y'all are on the home stretch of getting the basement done.

I decided to join Tina's swap. It's nice to be with all my fabric and have everything but a background I want to use. I'll pick it up today or tomorrow. MH is still waiting for replacement mirror. So much for flying in next day. Tomorrow I'm going to the Loveland quilt shop and take a landscape class from the lady I've taken classes from before. The picture will be horses with the mountains in the background. I will make one and save for DGD's graduation in a couple years. May do one for DD2 also. We had rain yesterday and suppose to get a shower this afternoon. Wish we could all send it to the hill country of Texas, it's badly needed.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:48 am

Good Morning Girls

I'm UP! I'm UP!!!! Still in jammies,... but I'm... I just wanted 5 more minutes when I heard the garbage truck go by at 0700! so I got 2 more hours!

Judi... My eyes are always a little blurry in the morning, when I first read your post I thought it said "Bra" area in the basement... and for a second I thought OH how cute? Bra's hanging every where or with the summer theme.... swim suit tops! Now that I can see a little more clearly it's BAR area... and that makes much more sense!

Jana.. Good news that the girls arrived safely! I bet the other little girls are just thrilled to have a cousin to play with, and I can picture Ethan Rolling his eyes at all the giggles! How old is Karlie?
I can just feel how excited you are to have the kids there. It's like your heart gets so full it could burst!

Flo... Me too! For a minute I thought you got a hair cut at Menards! Do you ever use "Best Press" Menards is the place to get it. I usually find it for about $5. a bottle and when I go I stock up. It's like twice that at quilt shops and Joanns.

Maryz... Yeh it was a cute little parade. and very short! I'll post a picture of my IC... it's all put together just waiting on borders, but it's green with lavender. KC gave me a piece of fabric that was just enough and looks perfect. STILL no dishwasher? I'd be tempted to cancel the whole thing. But First Call Home Depot and see how fast they can get you one! I might have to check out that gal's Youtube lessons! I have a basket of hard around here somewhere.

Lyn... You're still waiting for your mirror? Good grief! Once it arrives, if there somewhere locally that can fix it for you? You don't have to drive the MH all the way back to Indianna do you? Your landscape quilt sounds beautiful and you are brave to do it! I have a gorgeous horse panel I want to try... one of these days!

Chriss... If you could see what I've been working with at KC's...it's slow going but we are making progress. She's talking about moving to Arkansas to be closer to some family so I think we're going to planning that direction. I was going to go today, but I learned yesterday that 4 people that sat at the same table with last week... have Covid. So I'm going to stay put for another week.

Valerie.... You are feeling better? Have you noticed any residual effects from having Covid. My brain is foggy enough already so IF I do end up with Covid.. I hope I don't get that side effect!

Since I'm staying home after all today, I'm going to sew a little... not sure what yet, but I can feel my endorphins increasing every time I put my foot on the pedal. I do have to do a little work around here though... moving all the stuff out of the way for the floor guy to come on Monday. A gal in need is coming to pick up washer/dryer tomorrow night and I'm thinking I just might throw some paint on the ugly laundry room walls on Friday! IF I can get Evie to help me!

Better get some more coffee and get in gear!

Have a wonderful Wednesday

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:23 am

Garry's hip is improved after see our Chiropractor. Time flys, Dr Rob noted that he's been our Dr for 17 years. Dr does an overall tweak on me.

MaryQ, the MH is at Transwest near Longmont, where we bought it. They are hunting down the mirror this morning. I think it's with MaryZ's dishwasher. The landscape is only 12" x 14". I have a couple horse panels, too. One of those will be for DGD quilt for graduation.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Last child has arrived and is unloading the most important things -- first his pony -aka muscle car Mustang, a 68 he is rebuilding. It will live over in Sandee's extra garage bay. It is now off loaded and the Uhaul is started. Sarah and Ethan are helping. Aaron got called out to assist the next town over on a sad hit and run involving two children - life flighted up to Primary Children's Hospital. It did not sound good.

I am late getting dinner started, gotta run

Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:52 pm

What a wonderful day it was today.

This morning consisted of a zoom meeting about, what else, Medicare. then I had a counseling appointment. The gentleman was happy and went on his merry way.

Picked up my mail this afternoon. Moose knows when it's getting close to 5pm and gets antsy. Sometimes this starts around 3pm and we make two trips to the mailbox. He loves when I put on my shoes so we can go. Well today was exciting for me too. I had a package. The blocks from the June lotto that Lori won she had sent to me for my birthday. such a jaw dropping kindness. I posted a picture in the June Lotto thread. I am so happy about this, and very excited to put them together. It is just so ding dong good to be me.

Judi, I bet you could find a spot for a bench and pillow. And if it was by the front door it could say welcome on it when it's not fall or Christmas. I bet Ken could make you one and it would fit perfectly. You need another project. ;)

Jana, after unloading the truck and you walk by all of those messes you will smile at each one, I have to say, I am just thrilled for you. What does Miss Karlie think of all of this? Does she realize this is her new home? I bet your lip prints are all over that little girl's face. Curious, what will be the prodigal son's first dinner upon his return to his mom's house?

Flo, tomorrow I will go get my hair cut and then hit Costco for gas and to see how little I can spend in their warehouse.

Maryz, not sure where Kathy is. I bet she's running barefoot in her freshly cut grass. Are your dishwasher woes solved? Yep, that Lois is a trend setter. Wonder what she will come up with tomorrow? Our weather report just came on the news. It says Saturday 99 degrees but under Sunday it says 101 degrees and the word HOT. Now I ask, why isn't 99 HOT?

Lyn, I love landscape quilts and have some books. The ones I would love to make a collage quilts by Emily Taylor, they are amazing. I'm thinking of passing on Tina's swap this year. I love the theme and googled vintage toys. They are all the toys I played with as a kid. Lots of choices out there.

Maryq, don't you love when you see progress happen? glad you are seeing some at KC's. I can only imagine the hoard you are working with. I have one tote of fabric and am barely starting to see a dent and am thrilled. Imagine how thrilled you will soon be.

Hope you girls have a great night.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”