Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday June 27,2022

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday June 27,2022

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:31 am

Good morning. It's going to be a very hot but marvelous day today.

We should see somewhere between 99 and 103 degrees today depending on which weather site you use. I'm so blessed to live indoors with air conditioning. Last night the power went out around 7pm and came on around 1am. Those 6 hours were not restful. The generator works the refrigerator and a fan but not the AC. I have a battery thing in the bedroom that runs my CPAP machine and a fan. I am thankful to have what I have. We are now talking whole house generator

Lois, hope you find the perfect quilter. Maybe it's time for you to buy a machine and do them yourself?

Flo, yum, sourdough with cheese.

Maryz, love that Hartman pattern. I would love a new dishwasher, ours hasn't worked in forever. But with the two of us doing dishes by hand I'm not sure we will ever buy one.

Jana, sorry the anniversary party wasn't what was anticipated. Sad that adults with mental illness can't get help unless they seek it. It was nice that the brother was asked to and attended the party, but if he was alone or feeling shunned or unliked he probably wishes he wasn't there either. I have a stepdaughter, a stepsister and a step niece who are mentally ill and can't do a thing to help them because they are adults. But believe me, I would give each a hug, and ear, and would offer them help. It's a terrible disease that affects so many, including the families. I know Jerry would love to know that his daughter is alive and how she is. He would love to just see her again. So kind of Sara to give a party and not expect Kudos, the best gifts are given from the heart.

Judi, since Lois is caught up you can have her first, but send her this way because I also have stuff to keep her busy. You had more than 100 people at your party? I don't think I even know 100 people. What fun, nice of your kids to do that for you. I gave my dad a 50th birthday party, but that was 32 years ago. dang, time just goes by.

Lyn, what kind of a bear collection do you have? stuffed, wooden, ceramic? Grizzly, Polar, Panda? Prayers for Garry, hope his dizzy goes away or can be fixed. I get dizzy if I stand up too fast and don't eat properly. Stacy sounds like a very helpful caring girl. Love the letter story, what a treasure. I do have to know; how do they move helicopters to the back of the hangar? Do they have wheels, put them on pallets with wheels? Or do they just put it in neutral and push while someone steers? I also look around my house and see things I could get rid of, but the guy in the recliner sitting near me has other ideas. We got rid of Direct TV. We have a smart TV and got an Amazon Firestick. We pay $120 (?) per year for Amazon, we also got a HULU subscription that is under $10 per month. We have an antenna that picks up the local channels and with the firestick everything is so easy to use. We can load apps (channels) and watch free tv.

Valerie, you are still a good 15 degrees cooler there than here. The weather is so much nicer the closer you get to the coast. When I visited my son he mentioned I should do puzzles and keep my mind busy, I have found them to be fun. It would be hard to not read the mom and dad letters. I do like the block I posted yesterday, it would be an easy lotto block and it looks fancy. I sent the pattern to Lori and she said it might be pretty in Christmas fabric. I agree. I would make that block again. Hope your test comes back negative. prayers for dad.

Maryq, how sweet to make KC some curtains, it will brighten her day. yay for selling the quilt, how exciting was that?

Beverly, I think I could fill up 25 cubes pretty quickly with just the stuff that won't fit on my shelves. I have to tell myself that I don't need more fabric as the sale fliers hit my email.

This morning I will mail my lotto blocks and a box for Marilyn. And will play in my room until its time to take Jerry to his neurologist appointment for his test results (blood work and MRI on his head). After that it's groceries and home, depending on our time frame we may stop by dad's house.

You girls have a fantastic day.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

fabricgirl

Re: Monday June 27,2022

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:13 pm

Mary Q that quilt isn't mine it's a gift.
I found another quilter at a quilt shop about 45 minuets away from me the lady sounded very nice on the phone the 1 I had called a month ago was snippy and all her charges added up a little more than the quilt shop I miss my quilter she was a gem so when you have to look for a quilter it's hard work.
Chriss I don't think I would ever have the room or the patience to run one and also the funds for 1 and as far as cleaning :lol: .

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”