Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, May 25th

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Wednesday, May 25th

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed May 25, 2022 7:54 am

Good Sunny Morning....a tiny bit cool at 60'....

After many phone calls I'm happy to say I've found a lawn mowing service. So many never called back. This one's home base is in Austin TX with "teams" all over. I shall see.
Today is grocery delivery, so I'll be cleaning the frig. I have a lemon that's long in the tooth so I'll use that & some salt to give it a good scrub.

I to will be praying for everyone in Texas. In the 70s my girl's elementary school all doors were locked. You needed to ring the bell & then be checked & let in. Maybe some bullet proof glass. I heard we protect our banks but what's more important that our children.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

womster

Post by womster » Wed May 25, 2022 8:07 am

Good morning, ladies!

I am hoping that once June is over with, things will slow down. We've had graduation parties, with more to come, and company and lots of other things happening. I sure miss you all and think of you often. I will post when I can! xoxo Sharona

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed May 25, 2022 9:24 am

Good afternoon all! It is raining here today and supposed to have some bad storms over the next 2 days. That will make my grass really grow. Yesterday wanted something to do so went to The Barn at Sauder Village and had lunch. It was so good and there was so much. Brought enough home for another meal today. Also got some of their delicious bread pudding to bring home.

Today going to work on my paperwork and try and get caught up on it, filed and shred the stuff I don't need. So much fun.

My heart and prayers go out to the families in Texas over the mass killings at the school. I don't get the why of these killings especially children.

Maryz if you contact me and let me know what kinds of fabric you need for your Irish chain quilt I will send you some for free. I have so much fabric that I will never use and would like someone to have it who would use it. Just PM me here.

Have a good and safe day everyone. Pray for the families in Texas. There has to be an answer for these mentally disturbed people. Their families need to get them some help if they can. The answer though is not to take away the guns! The bad people would never give theirs up no matter what.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 25, 2022 11:45 am

Sherry,

thank you for the offer of fabric. I'm looking for just one specific fabric. there is no brand name in the selvedge. I've had it a long time - maybe two years - and don't remember where I bought it. I posted a photo of it in PHOTOS last week. If you have any of it, I would be thrilled to buy any and all you have! And pay postage!

thanks,
mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed May 25, 2022 12:22 pm

Maryz I looked and no I don't have any of that fabric. It is pretty. If you or anyone needs some other fabric just contact me and I will send you some free. I have more that I will ever use. I bought so much when I first started quilting without a project in mind. Now I have so much for projects I will have to live until 120 to use it all.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”