Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday May 23rd

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday May 23rd

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 23, 2022 3:46 am

Good morning all cool and clear today...I head tot he scvenger hunt for grocries and then to retirn a light fixture Ken bought was broken when we got it home...then laundry and dinner....that will be my day...
I will continue to quilt the geese in motion quilt....and work on the Stitchers garden...all is well I still have a few windows to do and that will be done...
That is it for me today,,,Hope you are all having a wonderful day,,,,,or will have when you wake up..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Monday May 23rd

Post by FlorenceM » Mon May 23, 2022 4:50 am

Morning Judi & all to follow
This weekend was busy. Saturday we traveled 2 hours east to pick up a piece of equipment for antique tractor Joe is restoring. Yesterday we had a birthday party for a friend.
Today is laundry and clean my dirty floors. Second quilt I have 3 sides of border on and forth side is pieced. First quilt I should finish hand quilting next week or week after.
Have a sew great day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 am

Good morning,

CHRISS - look at you!! your new picture is awesome! Your hair is awesome! You should be a spokesperson for a weight loss program! Congratulations! And I bet you wondered if we would notice!

JUDI - I bet Ken was frosted when he opened the broken light fixture. Will you exchange or return? Will you finish quilting the geese today? You have your projects stacking up on you!

FLO - no grass is growing under YOUR needle! You will be done hand quilting your first heart quilt in a week?? You sew, girl!!

MARY Q - in case you check in after you get home, I have to say "Drive safe" because I'm bound by the Mom Agreement. Once you become a mom you have to say this to everyone you know who is on the road just in case they plan to drive like a maniac. But please do - drive carefully and be safe. Can't wait to hear all about your week!

Yesterday I got all my IC together as far as I can go. I have a line on more fabric - in Georgia of all places! - but the lady has been away from home all week. I'm hoping to hear today. If she doesn't have any, I will move on to Plan B. In the meantime, I will work on the new Calendar Swap Bev launched a few days ago. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. I dibs March! I finished my round of yard work!! Hooray! In just a short 3 weeks I'm back where I started, which now needs touching up since we've had some windy days and there is a lot of twigs, fir cones, and a few new weeds now. But that will be easy and only take me about 45 min. And I have a bit more yard art to set out. Bill finished quilting a king quilt for my SIL, Terry, (Jim's wife and one of the original members of this forum). She came by yesterday afternoon to pick it up and was just in time for an afternoon campfire. She says soon she'll have a twin quilt ready for him to do. I'm hoping for some rainy weather soon so I can get him to do my Buckeye Beauty. We have until October but time has a way of flying by. . . So today, I will start thinking of my block for March, run an errand or two, and then a short day in the yard. Who know what else will happen. I also need to start planning food and clothes for our upcoming 8-day trip.

See ya later!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 am

Good morning!

My little termite Ethan, just called and wants my help to make a cookie for a cookie baking contest at his school this week. He needs a shopping trip to the grocery store for ingredients. I probably, most likely have everything already, but we'll see. Today starts the last week of school for my termite.

Me, today, will knock the house in order, then down to play. I may get waylaid into a trip to find a new patio door, to replace the one I hate. It will most likely be custom because of the height of the door. Most doors are 6'8" tall, mine are 96" tall. So it makes a off the shelf door not work.

Chriss - WOW girlfriend! You look terrific!

Flo - what kind of antique tractor is Joe restoring? Jd, Case, Minnie Moline? A full restoration or keeping the tractor in it's working clothes?

Have a great and safe day! Fun is required!

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 am

Good Day from Grain Valley, MO.
We arrived about 3 p.m. yesterday and were met with some friends that we'd gotten to know here last year. Got the Coach parked and then DSIL and DBIL showed up to welcome us back to their neck of the world. Marilyn had some mail for me. We went to dinner and caught up, though we call each other often.
My mail included my April Lotto winnings! All the blocks are wonderful!!

We will probably be here until June 19th or so. Have just learned that there's a retirement party planned for my oldest brother on June 25th. We will try to be there, in Colorado.

I slept in which was a nice change from the last few weeks. My list is always long, so not sure what I'm doing yet. Our appt with the Dr is Wednesday.

MaryZ, what fabric are you looking for?

Chriss, that FB picture of you is so beautiful. Did you put it on here, too? I will go check.

MaryZ, your rain is showing up here this afternoon. Wish I could ship it to the Texas hill country.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 am

Lyn, winning is always fun.

Jana, what fun to help with the cooking making. I bet he is such a pleasure to have around.

Chirss, I like your new picture.

Mary, I definitely need to attend to the side planter of the house. I keep putting it off.

Judi, geese in motion sounds like a fun quilt.

We got home yesterday. Didn't do much. Just hung out with the furry kids. Today a little cleaning and definitely sewing.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon May 23, 2022 9:49 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Just got back from going to Meijer's to get artificial flowers to take to the cemetery this week. Glad I went today they were getting pretty picked over and the prices on some had gone up quite a bit. I have to get 8 to put on the graves between my family and DH's but I got some pretty good deals. Will take them to the cemetery on Saturday. We are supposed to get a pretty bad rain storm between Wed. and Thurs. so don't want to do it before then.

It is chilly again here today but by the end of the week supposed to be back in the high 80's. Such is NW Ohio weather. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Monday.

Sherry

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon May 23, 2022 9:50 am

Good wonderful morning. It's going to be a great day today. Hot but great.

This morning I will take Jerry to the dentist. And the boys get out of school early so I will be picking them up. I want to try to get them to clean their room. They have two cats who combined had 11 kittens. One mom is missing and a few of the kittens are also gone. They are cute, hopefully they will be great hunters.

I have that weight creeping up on me. Too much dessert. No more of that for me for a while. I will drop these gained 10 pounds before the month is out.

Have you looked at the calendar swap that was posted? Only 12 blocks to make. I picked June and am thinking flip flops. Or maybe a couple of palm trees with a hammock? Or a sand castle. decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the compliments on my picture. I like how it turned out. Although that second chin is just hanging skin, I consider it a trophy. All that brownish hair is really grey. I used an app on my Iphone. It's called New Profile Pic. then I went online to find a site that makes your picture the right size for an Avatar here. Viola la It was fun playing with it.

Judi, You will be done with your shopping and errands quickly. Thankfully the washer does most all the work. Mine will be doing the work tomorrow. Hope you find everything you need at the store. I'm hearing shelves are not quite stocked on your side of the map.

Flo, sounds like a nice outing. hope the tractor part fits perfectly.

Maryz, I so hope you find that fabric. I'm sure you have exhausted all avenues.

Jana, what kind of cookies does Ethan want to make? I hope they are marvelous. I'd love to see his recipe if he would like to share it.

Lyn, after all those miles this weekend I bet it was nice to finally arrive. Dinner out is also nice. No mess for you to clean up. Happy umbrella quilt making.

Lori, I bet those furry kids were overjoyed when you walked in the door. I bet they just couldn't get enough of you. It makes me smile to think that they are all tail wagging at the same time, quite a breeze. When we get home Moose passes right by me and heads for Jerry. I know my place.

Velda, happy birthday, hope that you feel much better, have cake for me.

I need to get my shoes on for our big trek into town. The dentist waits for no one.

Have a super duper day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon May 23, 2022 10:59 am

I just got a message from Chrissy1...Her Dh who has multiple health issues including a new diagnosis of a tumor on his kidney. He recieved a comfort quilt from El's Angels and he cried....He was so touched by the kindness 0f this group and the caring we have for our memebers and their families...The quilt is beautiful and I am sure he will never let it out of his sight,,,,Thank you so much from Vince and Chris our very own CHrissy1.

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 23, 2022 2:40 pm

JUDI - thanks for letting us know the quilt was received. I hope it brings them both hugs of comfort and let's them know people care.

mz

Return to “Sew ins”