Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday May 22, 2022

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Sunday May 22, 2022

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 22, 2022 4:22 am

Good morning. Looks like you all are sleeping in this morning.

We're up getting ready to fly home to Orange County. Looking forward to seeing my furry kids and Jonathan. Cubs lost yesterday. It was a rainy cold day at Wrigley, but we still had fun.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Re: Sunday May 22, 2022

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:35 am

Good Morning, Lori and everyone out there.
Safe travels! Yes, Illinois was quite rainy yesterday. Not the best for baseball ⚾
I don't have anything to add. We watched hummingbirds yesterday. They don't seem to mind the rain at all.
My cold is finally on the mend. Well not just a cold. They called it upper respiratory infection. That's why an antibiotic was prescribed. But... It's finally helping me to get over it. 😉🤞
Don't know what I will end up doing today.
Won't attend church, though, because I still might cough a bit.
Ok, everyone, have a restful day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun May 22, 2022 4:49 am

Top of the Morning to All❣️
Lori, safe travels.
Velda, glad the meds are helping.
We went thru some of that rain yesterday. Today should be a good travel day. We'll get to the MO campground this afternoon. It will be like getting back to the old neighborhood, since we were there all summer last year. There will be a few friendly faces we'll be happy to reconnect with.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun May 22, 2022 5:11 am

Good morning,,it is 60 and I opened all the windows for th fresh cool air...Not much is planned for today except a trip to Lowes for some basement supplies.
I have the baby quilt wrapped and ready for the shower next month,,,I didnt put a label on it cause I dont know the baby's name yet neither do her parents...so I will add it later with her birth date..
I loaded the Geese quilt on the LA and finally unlocked my brain as to how to quilt it...Nothing fancy but it is started...I have the binding made and will work on that this week. When I get tired of standing at the LA I will work on block 4 of the stitchers garden. So that is my stitching plan.
Lori safe travels and glad you had fun...I havent been to Chicago since I was 8. We do have cousins ( 3rd or 4th) living in the area but I dont know them...
Lynn, Happy travels in your MH I miss camping,,,we will be trying to get our 5er out this summer.
Velda Glad your cold is on the mend...there are so many viruses going around right now and tons of allergies...I tried hummingbird feeder and hardly ever got but maybe one....just not the area they like. I do regular bird feeders though and enjoy the birds that visit.
Well coffee and some breakfast for DH,,,He is a sunday breakfast person...maybe waffles or bacon and eggs today or maybe an omlet...Hope your day is filled with fresh air....my word for today is fresh....do something fresh and new today XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 am

Good morning,

LORI - I checked the weather and the score in Chicago yesterday to see what kind of day you were having. Sorry on both counts. But glad you had fun anyway! Which airport will you be flying into when you go home? Autumn used to live very close to Burbank Airport. John Wayne Airport, I believe. Only two gates. Soo much nicer than LAX!

VELDA - happy to hear you have some meds and they are working for you. I'm sure your fellow parishioners are very happy to have you wait another week before going to services!

LYN - hope your day runs smoothly. Any idea how long you'll be in MO?

JUDI - You've got your sewing life all planned out! Have you made any camping reservations for the summer? We're never sure what we want to do, but we throw a dart on the calendar and get rezzies on the books because they are nearly impossible to get if we wait. We can always cancel if necessary. Last Feb we made about five different rezzies at different places for between March and October.

CHRISS - did you decide what to do yesterday? You have a lot of miles to travel to do anything and when your things are in opposite directions - it takes a lot of your day and your gas - a big consideration these days! Thanks for hint about the Creation Station. I'm going to check them out.

JANA - I sure don't envy you that slide project! I was in Yellowstone, too, just 2 weeks before the big fire in 1988. And then again 2 years afterward. I have a lot of before and after photos. It was so sad. We've been a few times since and things are recovering, but the scars are still there. It's one of my most favorite places we've ever been. And yes, we live about an hour from the Strait of Juan de Fuca. (pronounced like fluke-uh for those that might not know and are wondering). There are a couple of state parks along the strait where we like to camp. Old WWII forts that you can explore. The movie "An Officer and a Gentleman" was filmed at Ft. Worden St. Park.

VAL - I can say I've woken up in Barstow a few times myself! One of our adventures found us on a tow truck hook and we ended up spending about four days there. I hope you have no such events! You must be in Vegas by now.

DIANE - what Alaska pattern are you making?? I have a lot of Alaska patterns and have made most of them for my Alaskan family. Would love to know about a new one.

MARY Q - the sale is over! Whew! I hope you had very little to pack up afterward. And Viv will be quilting your tee-shirt today? You earned her services. I bet you were a huge help setting up and helping run that sale. They are a lot of work.

Yesterday I got a little more than half of my Irish Chain sewn together. This morning, I'll put almost the rest of it together and then hope for some more fabric. If not, I'll figure out my next step. Until that happens I can work on my seminole border. After a few hours of sewing, I went for a haircut and then we cleaned our 24'x36' shop. Ugh! Then I worked in the yard while Bill cleaned the inside of our truck. I knocked off by 2:30 and went and sat out on the deck to read a book. Today is going to be a lot like yesterday - sewing and yard. It's going to be 72*! Our warmest day so far this year. I don't want to miss it by staying inside. But have to say, with all this yard work, I'm noticing that I'm not a young, energetic 65 any more! :lol:

Y'all have a great Sunday!
mary z
>^+^<

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun May 22, 2022 7:31 am

Good morning. I'm finally here. I think maybe we all need to get our roosters checked, they just aren't doing their job.

Went into town to a yard sale that was put on by the boy scouts yesterday. what a bunch of junk. I don't like those sales that just have piles of clothes. Then I went and got my car washed, gassed and it took me grocery shopping. fun, fun.

Today the plan is to pick some lettuce and make a salad. There is an estate sale going on but I am not sure if I want to head that way.

Hope you all have a fun day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 22, 2022 7:41 am

Good morning!

It looks to be a beautiful day here. The sun is shining brightly, but we are chilly. Hopefully it will warm up during the day.

We have church later, and then home. I hope to get in the Batt Cave at sometime. There's a chance Ethan will want to come down to bake something. Cookies are easy and rice krispie treats are even easier! We will see.

Oops, got to run, I forgot to iron Michael's white shirts for church.

Sew and do fun things!

Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun May 22, 2022 8:29 am

God morning all! Haven't been here for awhile. Last week was busy but this week not much planned except for putting flowers on the cemeteries for Memorial Day. I have 7 graves to take care of between my family and DH's. I go by where Harold's ashes are spread on the way home and tell him hi.

Not much planned for today except watching sports. My Cubs lost yesterday in the rain. I hope today is better. NASCAR is also on today. Will work on some sewing I hope. Have laundry to fold and dishes to put in dishwasher and clean kitchen counter. See if I have ambition for all of that.

So glad my doctor's visit turned out so well. He said all my tests were good and didn't changed any of my meds. Told me to take Advil though instead of Tylenol for my knees. It has already helped a bit including my knee medicine also. Don't Think the pain will ever go completely away. That is what 28 years on the floor at Kroger's will do to you.

Hope everybody has a good and safe day. Time to go get Sunday paper and then some lunch.
Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”