Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

saturday May 21st

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

saturday May 21st

Post by grammiequilts » Sat May 21, 2022 4:35 am

Good morning it is sunny right now but we are waiting thunder storms...Guess it will be an inside day today...working on the basement some and house keeping...I will get back to the sewing room...I spent some time organizing projects made a list and refolded some stash...I am marking the pieces with the amount and when and where I bought them...if I can remember most of the time just the amount ...I have a very small stash now....As I get older and projects get made I am keeping less and less....
I am headed to comb my hair and get coffee. Hope you all have a wonderful day....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: saturday May 21st

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat May 21, 2022 4:56 am

Hi Judi, and all to follow. Nothing much to say today. We are getting those thunderstorms. Turned so dark for awhile, that my solar lights came back on.
Now it's pouring out. Yes, good day for staying in.
Have a great day, everyone.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat May 21, 2022 5:21 am

Leaving Nappanee this morning. Hope to hook Jeep behind Coach between rain storms. Newmar got us fixed. Turns out the strut had a manufacturing flaw. They put a new one on and it too was bad. They had a third one on hand and it was good. Also replaced the fancy filters under the sink. I didn't have them do that last week because I don't use that pure water faucet much. But it turns out that the ice maker water line goes thru it. Should be in KC, MO, tomorrow afternoon.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 21, 2022 6:15 am

Good morning,

LYN - Glad you got fixed up and will be on the road again. Lucky they had an extra strut laying around! We had a cracked wheel (factory flaw) replaced with another flawed wheel once. The company said we were "special". And same thing happened to my DS & DBIL last winter with a part for the engine in their pick-up. We're ALL special! Hope it's all smooth sailing from here on. And from the weather forecast is predicting, it just might be sailing!

VELDA - so you are 'sailing', too! We saw big storms predicted across eastern part of US. A sewing day! Lucky you!

JUDI - my neighbor (walking buddy) and her husband own a landscaping business and between jobs they have a "yard day" when the employees clean, sort, and tidy up the work yard. You described a yard day in your sewing room. I'm sorry to hear your stash is dwindling. If you were a fabric hoarder maybe you would have had the fabric I'm looking for! Nice to get all organized.

KATHY - ahh - 4 hrs makes more sense than 4 min or miles. But I wish she were closer to you. I can't believe the price of avocados! We usually buy them at Costco, and they started at $5.99 for 5 in a mesh bag. Then $6.99. I stopped buying them at $7.99 and in the past few months they've gone up to $11.99. Groceries are outrageous now and I doubt we'll ever see them go down again.

KATY - you HAVE been busy! Do you freeze, dehydrate, or can all those veggies? I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet BaBoo. It's just not fair that our best friends can't live as long as we do. But for what they give us through their short lives, it's worth it.

CHRISS - you are fortunate indeed to live where the avocado grows. I'm sure you will find a great home for a dinosaur quilt. It should be a fun one to make.

JANA - Another aspect of Aaron's job. A darker aspect. But glad he was there for those that needed him. Thank you for looking through your fabrics for me. I can't believe all the shamrock fabrics out there - and there are a LOT - and no where can I find mine.

LORI - are you going to the game today? Fun! Unless it's raining!

BECCA - I notice you are AFK (Away From Keyboard) last few days. I hope your TGN isn't getting out of hand. Saying a prayer for you!

MARY Q - how is the sale going? For the last day leftovers, we found that FREE didn't get rid of as much stuff as "25 cents" or $1 for a whole box of goodies. About 45 years ago I had I had a garage sale and a big batch of kittens. We were trying to give the kittens away free with no luck. My friend changed the sign to read, "Kittens - $.10 each or 3/$.25. All the kittens went to new homes that day. People love a bargain!

Yesterday I finished most of my IC blocks. Still hoping for fabric to finish the last 2 without having to sew tiny pieces together. If I can find more of my fabric then I'll make one more row of blocks. If I can't then I guess my quilt will be a bit shorter than planned. After a morning of sewing I spent the afternoon in the yard. Basically, the yard is done, though it's probably time to start around again. Today I hope to get a hair cut, start sewing blocks together, and then get back outside again this afternoon. We're having a string of nice weather so we'll be grilling chicken and eating on the deck tonite. I love our summery evenings - when we have them.

Happy weekend!
mary z
>^+^<

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat May 21, 2022 6:26 am

Hope the storms aren't damaging--we should see them later this weekend into Mon and maybe Tues.
Working on a "Alaska pattern" using Laundry basket new line-practical magic. Have 5 blocks done and so far not to hard. FQ bundle was sent from Daryl (Andover) last week. I hope it comes out nice and some veteran enjoys it down the road.
I hope to have lunch on Weds with my cousins and of course my great DDIL at a nice place on the beach (6 females--NO MEN--) YAHOO!!!!!
Have a great weekend and keep safe.
Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat May 21, 2022 6:26 am

Waking up in Barstow, CA. Getting ready to head to Las Vegas. Saw gas at $5.49 a glln so will stop there first. That's good for Ca.

Have a great day everyone and I will check in when I can.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 21, 2022 6:26 am

Good morning!

Someone turned off the heat too soon! We are almost freezing outside. It even snowed on the high mountain peaks yesterday for most of the day. Aaron did get the lawns mowed.

Aaron went and found the picture of Michael in his uniform for the city presentation in June. We aren't telling Michael about the plaque the city will be giving him. That will be a surprise. So last night, the kids got out all the slides from the past 50 years and started looking through them for more pictures of Michael back then. We have a ton of slides! But not many of people. Sarah has a digital slide scanner and she started scanning as we were looking. The slides are all in Kodak Carousel trays, so it's fairly easy to scan them. Her scanner can be hooked to the TV for us to see. We do have a professional movie screen, but have never hung it here at this house. Last night we went through a tray that was pictures from Vancouver British Columbia and the waters in the Juan de Fuca straits - my kids love that name! That area is around Maryz's area. We will play with more today. Sarah has been wanting to scan all these slides for a long time! We have all the slides of Michael's family, that his Dad took all those years ago too. Only have those pictures because of our BIL. He saved them from being outside in the rain when Michael's ditzy sister divorced our BIL and just put her stuff out of the house. She has no idea we have those family pictures. Told ya she is a ditz! We kept the BIL in the divorce settlement! He's coming for a visit later this year. We have some pictures from a vacation to Yellowstone that are irreplaceable as those pictures were taken of the area that burned badly in later years. We have visited Yellowstone since the fire and it's sad to see all the trees gone in those areas. Slides are a thing of the past with digital cameras.

Worked on my small quilting project and ran out of thread! Now I need to see in my stash if I have a red to match. I was on the very last border of geese, about 20 inches left to quilt! Uggh! That's today's fun project, getting it done and bound! I then need to scan and enlarge the July block for the middle. I am not fond of the June block, so for the time being I am skipping it.

Stay safe! Those storms can be dangerous!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat May 21, 2022 6:29 am

Mary, yes we are going to the Cub game today.
Sure hope it doesn't rain.

We went to Smith and Wollensky's for dinner. It was so yummy. We had a great table with a view of the Chicago river. Today a game, and fly home tomorrow.

Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat May 21, 2022 7:47 am

Good sunny morning. We didn't get the heat expected yesterday and were able to have the house open all day, I love when the house is open. Perhaps today will be the same.

Dinner with the parents was fun. I brought half of it home. I ate a whole lot yesterday and between the senior information fair / luncheon and dinner shouldn't be hungry for a few days.

Today I'd like to do two things. There is a health fair in town and there are also a few yard sales. And in the opposite direction there is the grocery shopping that needs to be done. I could accomplish both.

Judi, I thought about refolding my fabric and putting it on shelves rather than in totes, but here I sit.

Velda, gosh how Cali could use that rain. Wish we could funnel it this way.

Lyn, safe travels, hope you dodge all the rain drops.

Maryz, There is a quilt shop called Creation Station that sells outdated but new fabric. You might google them and see if they have the fabric you are looking for. They are someplace near San Luis Obispo, Ca. We are also having chicken. Thighs I think. I also think they will be fried. I will use pork rinds as the breading.

Diane, what fun to get surprise fabric and create something from it.

Valerie, I can honestly say I have never woken up in Barstow. I have traveled through it, but never woken up in it. safe travels.

Jana, why don't you like the June block? Frustrating to run out of thread. I love Juan De Fuca too. the girl who is dating Marilyn's dad is named Wanda and she has caused a huge rift between Marilyn and her dad. I call her Wanda Fuca because of the Juan De Fuca plate, just waiting for her to erupt. Only recently did I learn it was spelled Juan De Fuca. Bet the pictures are bringing up many memories.

Lori, had to google Smith and Wollensky, looks like a nice place, enjoy the ball game.

Almost 8am and a decision has to be made, do I go to the fair and sales or grocery shopping where I will also have my car washed and gas tank filled. I think the later.

You girls have a fantastic weekend.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”