Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, May 19th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Thursday, May 19th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 19, 2022 5:31 am

Good morning,

I have a new confuser! Look at me type out those N's and B's, now! NnnnnnnnBBBBBMBNBNBN space space space! :D :D :D And Bill has a great use for the old laptop downstairs with the TV. Win/win.

JANA - I've done that Highway 1 trip up CA coast, though not for many years. You are right - it really is beautiful! Sorry your dealership can't get parts. Our truck was on a recall list once and dealer kept saying they were waiting on parts. At least we had the truck and were using it, but after several months, Bill got tired of waiting. He went on line, found the part himself, ordered it, and when it arrived, he took it to the dealer and said, "Fix it!" (and made certain we didn't get charged for parts!) And when we bought Bart, our 2015 3500 Ram he wanted the safety feature turned on that automatically turns on the headlights whenever the engine is on. It's a requirement in Canada though not in U.S so the trucks are built with that capacity. Dealer said they had no idea how to do that. We'd had this done on our previous truck, so again, my computer guru went on-line, found the instructions, printed them off, and took them to the dealer, who then did the work.

LYN - your mandolin is magnificent! So you must have been using a class mandolin for lessons in TX?

VAL - I forget what it's called but there is a product that you can use to loosen tape without pulling. We used it on our babies, applying it with a Q-tip and easing the tape off the skin. Maybe that would be helpful for changing Dad's dressings if you could find it. That's funny about the Free Sew blocks. But so typical of something I'd do. You must have been frustrated, but as tired as you were, who knows how you would have sewn them! Maybe you saved yourself a lot of frogging. :)

JUDI - you are having way too much fun on your trip! I think you both needed this little getaway. I love your new dishes!

CHRISS - I'm eager to hear how your first client appt went. I'm sure you did great. My IC is very planned using all Irish print fabrics. WOW background with little shamrocks, and a few other greens. Yesterday I ordered a green wide back for it.

KATHY - did you get your pot holder pattern downloaded? I have an apron my SIL made me years ago and the pockets are actually pot holders. Very clever. Funny that you got ash from Mt. St. Helens and we didn't. But we live slightly northwest of it and the winds blew the ash to the east. However, the it went around the world and we got a little bit on the return trip! Thank you for the good wishes for my kids.

VELDA - how is that quilt coming along?

FLO - did you all that mowing get done? How long is Joe home for this time? How are you doing on the heart quilt?

DIANE - were they able to tweak Laura's hearing aides enough to get her by until she can get new ones?

MARY Q - just in case you are able to stop by - howdy!! Hope you are having a fun time!

We did our Costco shopping yesterday after my chiro appt. After putting everything away, I spent time off and on in the sewing room. The weather was wild here so no outside chores. I'm too wimpy. My SIL came by with a king sized sampler quilt and asked Bill to quilt it for her. I hope he's not too burned out when it's time to quilt MY king Irish Chain. He still has to do my Buckeye Beauty.

Today I have nothing on my calendar. So I guess I'll sew away the day. We were supposed to have a Boondocker last night but they broke down two hours south of us and spent the night in a Les Schwab parking lot instead. I hate those kinds of 'adventures', but it could ALMOST always be worse, so I'm thankful they are in a safe place and there was no damage to vehicle or persons.

That's all for now, folks!

Mary z
>^+^<

velvet

Re: Thursday, May 19th

Post by velvet » Thu May 19, 2022 5:55 am

Good news for Laura, sort of, her hearing aids are under warranty till August. The Doctor ran some tests and tweeked the left one up a touch. The Doctor will send them in July for a real good tune-up before her time is up. She was hit by a car a few years back and her head and the cars mirror hit her straight on. Awful time for her! She has gone thru so very much. Tuesday the "referred" pain management doctor (leaving in 2 weeks) took over 1 hour burning nerves in her back and some shots into her hip. All the time--moaning and groaning about NOT being paid enough for the work he does. He caused Laura so much pain. Yesterday, she is still in so much pain. The dr seemed to take out his anger on her. She was afraid to say anything as he was working on her back, so she just suffered thru it. Her son had taken her (his day off) and almost had to carry her up the stairs to her apt. She has medic-aid and unfortunately is on the bottom of the barrel for medical help. Sorry for the rant, it is heart breaking to see her and realize I can't do much to help.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 19, 2022 7:09 am

Good morning. We have left for Amish Counrry. There are 5 quilt shops and several good restaurants. We are planning to come home tonight. But there are 28 quuilt shops on my directory. Some I have been to before. I particularly like the Amish owned so today will
Be an adventure. I will be back on my home pc and in a he sewing room tomorrow. It has been so much fun. And I can’t wait to use my new dishes. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 19, 2022 7:26 am

Good morning!

Seems to be the beginning of a perfect day outside. The temps will be in the low 80's, just right! Now, a pop up thunderstorm with rain, will gladly be accepted.

Not much new here. Michael's new toy, a special soldering tool for track work, arrived, so he will be playing and learning to use it. Me, sewing on my project.

Yesterday, we dropped off Ethan to Sarah, where we get our hair done. Sarah had some interesting news. The girl who does our hair has a client who is suing her. That's not the fun part, the fun is that the TV show, Hot Bench, contacted her and wants to hear the case. Hot Bench is one of those judge shows on in the afternoon . Our girl travels to the show taping next week and we will later find out when the show will be aired. The case is that the client had our girl remove hair extensions, then our girl was at a later time, put them back in. Our girl held on to them for more than 18 months, never having the client answer calls or texts, that were sent, before our girl finally got rid of the extensions. Should be interesting.

Stay safe, sew something, and enjoy your day! Here's a thought question, what in your life, today, that makes you happy? As Michael would say, do more of that!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu May 19, 2022 7:31 am

Good Morning Girls

Greetings from Ferryville, Wisconsin ! Now aren't you glad I brought my computer!

It's going to get warm here today I here! Which means it's going to hot and sweaty working in the garage! But we have almost everything set up and just need to tweek things and make it look nice. We are sure hoping we sell a LOT... I am for sure as I don't want to have to haul it all back home!

Maryz... Did you get a fancy new computer? Will it take you a while to get used to it. This little thing the kids bought me is really a little bit bigger I-Pad and it is really handy to take along! I'm just no good at typing on my phone. Terry arrived with her quilt? I suppose now that the weather allows for outside work, Bill would rather play outside than quilt! Sorry to hear you had such a hard time viewing the wedding. From the picture you sent... Your Autumn is gorgeous!

Diane... So sorry to hear that Laura is in so much pain and to top it off, not being treated well by the Dr. He should be a lab Dr instead of a "People" doctor. Perhaps he could accomplish more if he could stay pain and help "cure it". I will send a few prayers for her today!

Judi.... Did you get to the Fiesta factory yesterday? I haven't checked on yesterday's postings yet.

Sometime while I'm here Viv is going to quilt the t-shirt for me.. maybe today. I'll help her load it and hopefully it won't take to long.

For now I need some "real " coffee. Tom makes Pecan flavor and I gotta have the real stuff--black straight up...

Will sign in again when I can!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 19, 2022 10:52 am

Good morning. It's such a beautiful day today. We will be in the 80's the rest of this week and hitting the century mark by the time the weekend is over.

We have one, yes one, cherry tomato on our plants. It may start turning red with the heat next week. I am not sure if Jerry will share it with me or not.

There is a quilt retreat in Hillsboro, Tx that supports Alzheimer's. I would love to go. Then I researched the travel portion. Guess I ain't going. It would take two days to drive there. Trains don't go from here to there. Airplanes can get me there in just over 3 hours but cost $650 and I can add $100 if I have check on luggage. I would carry on a machine. If anyone is interested here is the link. https://quilt2endalz.org/product/2022-t ... 6j3dtGDQ0s

My first counseling appointment went quite well. I'm smarter than I thought I was. I had a person there as back up and had to ask a couple questions, but for the most part I was helpful. I prayed on my way to the appointment and thanked God on my way home. I am ready for the next one. It was a confidence builder for me.

Maryz, I also have nothing on my docket. Perhaps we could do lunch and hit some thrift stores? Glad you got a new confuser, hope this one isn't as sticky as the last one. the problem I have with my laptop is that the square that is the mousepad is a bit wide and my palms hit it often. Then my curser jumps to who knows where and I end up typing in the middle of a sentence that i had already typed. Next time the mousepad will be smaller. Mine's a Dell and so far, except for the mousepad, it is a good machine.

Diane, so glad Laura's hearing aids are under warranty. Will she be able to have some kind of loaners while hers are being repaired? I pray she finds a better doctor soon.

Judi, 28 quilt shops by tomorrow? LOL. You go girl. hope you get to visit each one.

Jana, the show will be interesting to watch. Crazy what people sue over and how the suit isn't as important as being on tv. So many things make me happy. Anything from my kids to my dog putting his chin on my lap for a head scratch to my life in retirement and the place where I live. It is truly so very good to be me. Please let Michael know that I will "do more of that"

Maryq, by now you have likely made a zillion dollars in your sale. what fun. I'd probably come home with a car full of stuff so I am not going to show up.

Valerie, glad you are using paper tape for dad. I am also keeping my grey hair and not wearing makeup. I am very low maintenance, basically comb and go. Enjoy your trip and have a restful blessed time.

guess I will give playing in my room a shot, you all have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu May 19, 2022 2:57 pm

P.S. I just downloaded a free dinosaur applique pattern from FatCat patterns.
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu May 19, 2022 4:51 pm

We are home and the dishwasher is full of new fiestaware...I am unpacked but will do laundry tomorrow...right now is relax time....good to be home but we had a grand time

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu May 19, 2022 7:40 pm

Judi, sounds like you had a good trip.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”