Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 24, 2022

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Monday January 24, 2022

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:52 am

Good morning, all! Getting more snow today. Possibly another 3 inches. The neighbor who I pay to plow my 100-foot drive will do it after the snow stops. Should have total of about 5 inches when it is done. This neighbor plows all of the drives for the 3 of us widows every year. I pay him well so I don't have to worry about it. I won't even go out to get my mail until tomorrow.

Watched football yesterday. My Tampa Bay Bucs lost. I am a big Tom Brady fan since he is from University of Michigan. I also like the Packers and they lost also. Only team left in playoffs that I would be interested in is the Bengals. If they aren't in the Super Bowl not sure I will watch. The commercials have always been interesting, but last couple of years they were pretty bad.

Not much doing here except laundry and load of dishes. Do need to get around and do some dusting also.
Flo I keep 2 lights on in my pump house with 100 watt bulbs. The pump house is in the garage so not out in the open air to get the wind. This year did not need to turn the lights on until about 10 days ago since was so warm here for winter.

Well better go get some lunch for me and the furbabies. Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe.

Sherry

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:06 pm

Well I am here a bit late to the party but hope everybody's having a good day.

Took dad to the doctor this morning he now has infection in his bladder which is caused by having this catheter in there so the doctor said that it's not a good time to take it out because hes gonna have to go up in there with a camera to see if there's a blockage or what might be causing his inability to pee. He doesn't want to do that when there's currently an infection. So he gave them an antibiotic by injection and then we're going to start him on pills as soon as I get to the base and pick them up and then he'll go back on February 3rd for the doctor to take the catheter out and explore to see what we can possibly do. Needless to say dad is not happy but nothing much I can do about that.

I really have not gotten any sewing done so I'm getting behind and most everything there. I do have February lotto just about ready to post and I'm hoping to post it by Friday. My little lady passed away yesterday so I'm done with the daily visits and maybe I can get some catch up done. Sad to see her go and the granddaughter will be going back to Georgia.

Ironically I heard from a home health patient that I took care of probably 3 years ago maybe a little bit more. He is doing well and was checking in on me. his wife is a pastor at one of the local churches so they will add dad to their prayer list.

I've been looking at the garden area thinking it's time to probably start doing something about that I think we plant in February here.

Our niners are hanging in there pretty good through this Postseason. I have made sure not to watch the games because if I watch them they'll lose.

Not too much else knew around here. Prayers for everyone who is sick.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:36 pm

Just to let you know I was able to ge tthe kuerig back together and it works fine and its clean, I took me awhile but I had one of the parts backwards. It sure the heck didnt look like it fit that way but it did,,,all is well.

Return to “Sew ins”