Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, Jan 20

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Thursday, Jan 20

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:24 am

Good morning everyone. 44* foggy. Looking to get to around 62 today.
MZ glad that things are going well. Say hi to Tina as you drive by for me. Thinking you won’t visit with Bill. Hoping he continues to do well. Funny how those credit cards work! They just pop up right in front of you.
Lois I have lots on my docket today, you can have some of it if you wish. 2 charts to catch up, 1 patient to see, home health nurse coming, want to get some sort of sewing in. I have been working on doing some cutting. Lots of that to do.
Judi those alarms can be dreadful. My sister sets mine off every time she is here. Good luck with the teens.
Vel glad all is quiet. I guess I will have to go look at that pattern.
Flo sorry about the Covid dx but bet they will love those goodies.
Becca should start breaking dawn here anytime. Sorry about CA hip. Hope he is feeling better soon. Mine will improve I think come spring.
Diane I haven’t heard much on the storm here. Should turn on the news I guess. Hope every one stays safe.
Jana glad that Aaron was there to help out. Sorry about Sandee’s Covid. My gosh it seems as though everyone is getting it.
I got another Covid test yesterday. Most medical people getting tested weekly but I am trying for 2x/week hoping to find someone where I can get results in less that 5 days.
Not much else going on here. Want to go look at that pattern and get breakfast before the CG gets here.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:46 am

Good Morning Girls

Or should I say GOOD FROZEN Morning! We are at 16 BELOW this morning... I am rethinking my plans to go out today. Was going to run to PO to mail my lotto blocks and run another errand, but think I'll stay in today and wait for it to be a little warmer tomorrow. I'm sure I can find something to keep me busy today! Heck, I could spend all day just looking for those beads I lost!

Maryz.... Well, yes that kind of was the plan --- to put all those orphan blocks together... but oh wait SQUIRREL! Now I'd be happy to share them! I could have some waiting for you when you get home. You must keep Bill's credit card in your pocket at all times! Great idea!

Lois.. Are you in a sewing funk? Those darling appliqued stockings you made at Christmas.... well I have them all traced out on fusible... I could send them to you and you could make a whole other set! :lol: :lol: :lol: I had such grand intentions of making them, but just never got around to it!

Judi.... You babysitting the kids while DD and DSIL head off to Vegas brought up a fond memory for me... My Mom used to come and sit with my kids while we ran off. And this weekend I'll be here with Bren and Evie while Shawn and Kris run away to celebrate their 18th Anniversary! I think they like when I "baby sit" them because we have french toast or cereal for supper! And lots of ice cream.

Velda... Had to check out the Dresden Neighborhood too, have to say, as much as I love Dresden... that wouldn't be my thing!

Flo... Sorry to hear your DS has Covid now too... Hopefully his symptoms are mild and recovers quick. Even though I've had my vaccines, I think I'm going to go back to wearing a mask again. Just in case!

Becca... Oh yes.... I think we are all waiting for Spring... even tho it's only January and it is typically very cold here in Jan... I'm sick of it already. I long for green grass and blooming flowers! I check the weather in Anchorage every day... it's 26 ABOVE there!

Diane.. Oh darn your Lily got it! I don't know we can keep kids quarantined! When my Corinne had it I think she just shut herself in her room... and I am super surprised my son Kevin and DDIL Sara didn't get it since they do not believe in vaccines! Sorry you've had so much trouble with your mouth.... not fun to try to sleep when you're in pain!

Jana.... I'm easy to feed too.... and I do like eggs, bacon and pancakes! One thing I like about breakfast... there usually aren't any vegetables, like asparagus!

Valerie.... Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.... seems like everybody is getting it. I'm hoping I dodge the bullet and it misses me but with my grandkids here and going to school everyday I wouldn't be surprised if it finds me some time.

Since I've pretty much decided to stay put today after all and wait until it warms up tomorrow to go out, I should still probably take a shower and then get busy on some chores. Kris cooked a wonderful meal last night and our deal is she cooks, I clean so I have a pile of pots and pans to do. Then I may pack up a few more things or maybe I'll sew instead. I have a feeling Kris might not being going to the barn today, so she will be home all day too. I have to call the lending company for my new house as I think they have some wrong info on some of the paper work. It's always something!

Time for more cofffee!

Have an awesome day y'all

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:08 am

Good morning, it's going to be a marvelous day today.

Yesterday didn't work out as planned but ended up being a great day. I had an appointment to simply get my tires rotated. well, they broke off two of the 5 lug bolt things and a quick job ended up being 5 hours. The good part was that I was able to call my dad and he came and got me, and I spent my day with him and my stepmom. Then went to Joanns and found border fabric then the grocery store and home.

Only two things on my to-do list today. post office and sew. I guess I could let the machine wash the bedding while I play.

I got the fabric figured out to put borders on the Alz quilt and will cut and sew it on and will finish up my lotto blocks so I can send them off. My fingers are crossed, I'd like to win the lotto but to whoever wins, it's going to be a great quilt.

Maryz, glad you are going to have a rest day. Hope both you and Bill are able to put your feet up. I saw the Dresden village quilt pattern, it looks like it would be great in Christmas and Halloween, not for me but for you.

Lois, looks like our days will mirror each other's. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I will enjoy mine.

Judi, I will pay your bail, but you will have to come home with me. You could be a flight risk and since I will be responsible, I will need to keep an eye on you. Besides, it's warmer here. We are in the 50's. What fun you and the kids will have for the weekend.

Velda, hope your day warms up. Seems that 9* would turn you into an ice sculpture.

Flo, sorry DS tested positive. Hope they all have mild cases.

Becca, we are supposed to see a little rain this weekend, but I am not convinced it will actually show up. Prayers for CA, hope he feels better. Enjoy your stay in day.

Diane, Sorry the night appliance wasn't comfortable, I bet it will take some getting used to. It took me at least a week to get used to my CPAP machine. Which appliance did you get? Prayers said for Lilly. It's been generations since quarantine was a thing.

Jana, when will Karlie be kindergarten age? Hoping they all do move to your area. We also have a charter school here. Marilyn went to it and now the boys next door go. I love it.

Valerie, wishing you a quick chore day and a free second of the half day. I am sewing here if you want to drop by. I will also be making a tuna salad for lunch, tempting, isn't it? I don't think I would make a baby boy quilt for the friend of the CG, but that's me. hope you got Dad's stuff all straightened out yesterday.

Tina, so glad you got the sink to wash Rosie. We had thought about going solar but probably won't. Our electric bill isn't too bad except for a couple of summer months when we run the AC. We cook with propane and the heat is propane.

Sharona, happy Denver Day. hope it goes quick and is uneventful. Yes, often times a restart does the trick.

Maryq, hope you got the underwriter stuff all taken care of and have no more hurdles. Loved the clapper story. too funny. Enjoy your stay-at-home day today.

Time for breakfast then to go play in my no boys allowed room. You all have a fabulous day
Chriss
John 16:33

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:37 am

Good morning everyone!
I'm still in the process of reading but just wanted to let you all know that the Dresden Plate Neighborhood pattern has a paper template and it's just the same exact as the regular EZ Dresden 8" ruler thingy.
I'll be back....
Tina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:18 am

Tina do you have this pattern?
I have that same ruler I just didn't want to order that pattern and have to wind up having to order the 30.00 ruler.

Thank you
Lois

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:11 pm

I have the pattern and made it. You can be as creative as you choose to be and it was easy.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:58 pm

Lois, yes I have the pattern, I bought it last year and used the ruler that I posted pic of. There's so many possibilities with this pattern. Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc.
I have one all cut out right now 🥰
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”