Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, Jan 20

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Thursday, Jan 20

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:24 am

Good morning! We had a short day yesterday so we could rest well between Tuesdays run and today. We will gain an hour today and camp in Deming New Mexico. 3 miles from Tina‘s house! So far the trip has been good Bill is improving every day. And so far I’m holding it off!

Mary Q- I had small tote full of orphan blocks. About a year ago I started putting them all together however they would fit. I ended up with six quilts I was able to donate to our police. I got them out of my house and they went to a good cause.

I wish some fun in the day for all of us!

Mz

fabricgirl

Re: Thursday, Jan 20

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:39 am

Good morning Mary and all who follow,
I have been up early just sitting watching TV and enjoying my coffee.
Today there is nothing on my docket and still don't know what I want to do :lol: .

Yesterday I did order my covid test just to have I hope we never have to use them as we are very carefully and are always home.

Well there is nothing else new to report everyone have a great day prayers go out to all

Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:41 am

Good Morning, It is dark and very cold this morning 19. My next big adventure begins today, DD and DS are headed to Vegas for a 4 day weekend. I get to corralled and herd the kids and dogs. I have 2 major challenges, Getting everyone up and to school on time tomorrow. and learning the new alarm system at her house. ( last time I had to meet the friendly neighborhood police when I accidently turned the alarm on. Since then they have had an upgrade.) Hoping someone will pay my bail.
Today I will clean up around here and pack some stuff. I can leave the pups for a while and come back here during school if I want, Depends on the weather. Biggest problem at her house is feeding 2 and a half teenagers, ( Sophia is a self proclaimed vegetarian at any given moment) otherwise they are pretty self sufficient, but they eat constantly. the weekend is filled with hockey and Rykers birthday party on sunday,
So off I go to get fortification and coffee. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:08 am

Judy, I hope you enjoy your little “mini vacation”. I’d almost forgotten what it’s like to get teenagers up in the morning. Almost as difficult as getting them to go to bed at night!

Lois, I hope you find something fun to do today

I just received my daily email from Quilt In A Day. The Dresden neighborhood is so cute, is 30% off and free shipping. I couldn’t resist. DH’s credit card was within my reach so that pattern should be waiting for me when we get home. It looks fun. You can make it any season simply by swapping out the fabrics

Time to hit the shower and then hit the road. TTYL!

Mz

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:31 am

Mary thats a cute pattern but I'm putting on the brakes because there is a ruler involved I just checked I don't have that size oh well.

Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:01 am

Brrrrr! We have 9° this morning with winds to give us below zero feels like temps. Good day to stay inside and sew.
Maryz: Glad your trip is going smoothly. Glad that you are resisting the COVID. I checked our the Dresdan Neighborhood. Not for me. Looks cute, but not something I would use. I seem to enjoy this random block mix match assembly I am doing for our church.
Judi: enjoy your time with the kiddos and pets.
Don't have anything new going on here.
Enjoy your wintery day. February is so near and that good Ol'Ground Hog! He always gets it wrong anyway. LOL
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:09 am

Morning
Vel, here too it is a balmy 9 degrees.
DS1 did test positive for covid. So he is home quarantining with hus wife & daughter. Baked some treats for them, and will drop them off today .
Today's objective is to stay warm....
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:20 am

Good morning everyone still breaking dawn here We stayed warm over night so I am hoping it will melt today some more especially on our drive Our mail did come yesterday
Maryz Sure glad Bill did good yesterday Stay safe on the road
Flo Sorry to hear your Son is sick too Get well soon I hope Stsy warm
Judi You have your work lined up Hope the alarm is ok
Velda Stay warm in your sewing room

It will be another stay in day here too Don’t know what I will get into
CA had hip issues yesterday & he’s not moving very good Hope everyone has a great day Stay warm We are supposed to get more Winter weather over weekend We can all hope for Spring Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:40 am

Good morning to everyone. For those who are going thru the storm--I hope you are safe and have no damage. I haven't seen the news yet so I don't know what is in line for us here or the time frame.
Last night was a horror with my night appliance- very uncomfortable and at 5am was a horror to get out. Almost woke my hubby to help me get it out (thats a picture I had to laugh about) Very sore. Hope tonight I'll get some sleep. YUK

All set for the storm I have blocks to set for qov that Pat, Diane and I have made from andover fabrics. That will keep me busy for awhile.

Please keep safe-My dgd, Lily 12, has covid and is in her room for 5 days or until. DD and DSIL are so careful and hopefully will not get this. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:43 am

Good morning!

I too have the school run - with Ethan. I thought his school closed to online like all the others in the district. No, Ethan's school has way below the Covid cases to be closed. So I am taking and getting today. He'll be here in a few minutes. He's easy to feed - scrambled eggs with bacon and a batch of buttermilk pancakes. That might tide my termite until snack time at school , around 10 this morning! He gets lunch there - a professional chef cooks up, from scratch, all kinds of yumminess. Not your standard school cafeteria food. Ethan's school is what we call a charter school and only has about 500 total students, from K-8. You get in by a waiting list. Also found out that my Daniel and Kari, are adding Karlie 's name to the waiting list! That means more steps are being taken to move here! Yippee! No word on the if and when, but it seems they are preparing. I am good with that.

Aaron was on duty yesterday when a accident occurred near his house. He went and helped out the officers with the incident. His partner sure got a surprise in what part of her duties now involve. She never handled a accident scene before and Aaron was back in his element. The Sargeant on scene was very happy for Aaron's assistance. Only one problem, Aaron's truck doesn't have enough big cones. He is getting them now! The city has 2 new trucks on order for Aaron. Aaron is outfitting those trucks with what is needed to handle incidents. Our city has never used things like this.

Not much else for me today. Watching the bell times for school, a bit of sewing, cleaning my island cabinets, and watching my Yoohoodi run. That silly little vacuum is like having a two year old out, getting in trouble! I know, we are old, and a silly vacuum is entertaining!

Sandee appears to have caught Covid from her experience. She was running a fever yesterday, so we are keeping a close, but distant eye on her. Scott works from home, so he is there and Sandee and Sarah are always texting each other. Hoping it is a mild case.

Stay safe, drive safe, stay warm! We are 20 outside.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”