Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Dec 6th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Dec 6th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:49 am

Good wet cold foggy morning, it's going to be a great day today.

It is so foggy outside (how foggy is it?) It's so foggy I can't see across the street. I love it.

Recently the neighbor has been piling up dead limbs and trees that have fallen. Some oak trees in this area have some kind of disease and have just rotted from the inside out. Oak trees will also save themselves. They will drop a limb to save the rest of the tree. So the neighbor has a few piles of brush and logs and rotten unusable wood. Jerry has set one of them on fire and hopefully it will go quickly. We have been waiting for a burn permissive day.

Yesterday I made quick unimpressive stockings for Marilyn and Noah, Jerry will ship their box to them this morning, it usually gets there the next day, but we will see, with the holidays it might take extra time. We were going to go see the kids but with their work schedules and my training schedule we will have to wait till next year.

Yesterday I made some practice blocks for my Tranquil Triangle quilt. I think they will make a nice quilt. I also cleaned my machine, gave it a new needle and changed my rotary cutter blade. And, I started a jelly roll race quilt. Today I hope to at least get my HST's sewn and cut so I can get started on the Alzheimer's quilt.

Judi, you said hug someone you care about, consider yourself hugged. Caesar salad sounds wonderul. I need to make a salad, I have the fixin's just need to wash the lettuce. I use a salad spinner, greatest invention ever.

Maryz, I made the boys some basic boring stockings earlier. For next year I'd like to make nice stockings for everyone but need to start much earlier than December. We should get rain on Thursday. So glad you will meet with Cindy and Sue, give them both my very best, they are both missed as is Chickie and Joanne. That Starry Night pattern is so cute. Can't wait to see it finished. I, thankfully, have the HST trimming ruler from QIAD. It's a life saver as is the shape cut ruler from Tailer. Creative Grids, my favorite rulers, has a strip cutting ruler too but I haven't checked it out.

Becca, if you really want to organize come here and start in my sewing room. I could really use the help. I am spilling out onto the floor. We also just give cash. Both kids have their needs met and cash helps them with some of their wants. Be sure to give us the update on Brodee's doctor appointment today. I've already said a prayer.

Diane, cookies with coffee are way more important than lights. When we were kids grandma would make us kid coffee and we would dunk oreos in it. a good memory.

Flo, you have a monkey puppy. Monkey would have been a good name. make sure to add a belly rub from me.

Jana, yay for the last PT visit. Michael really has come a long way. Is he off the oxygen? Really happy with his results as I am sure you are too. Love love love your hair cut. It really suits you, I have to admit I've gone back a couple of times just to see your smiling face, it makes me smile back at you

Tina, I need to make updated stockings too. Your apples and oranges reminded me of when we used to go see Santa (put on by the Lions club played by my grandpa) and the stocking was made of mesh and in the toe were always an orange and some Brazil nuts. another good memory.

Sharona, could you stop by and pick up our package that needs to go to the post office? I can pretty much ditto to everything you typed. You also have a glorious day.

Maryq, nope, not anxious or excited at all to open my SS gift :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you kidding. I'm tapping my foot and strumming my fingers, I'm checking this forum a zillion times a day. UGH. And, don't know if you have noticed but Tina has been picking on me. I think the head Santa should give her a time out.

Velda, that hair cut really lightens up your whole face. you are so cute. I've thought about curls but am chicken. you look great. I've also thought, as you know, of color but the gal that cuts my hair said any color would be very dominate with my grey. Hey, looks like you have decorated since I last saw pictures of your new house, looks good. Love the mirrors.

Valerie, congrats to you Josiah will have a wonderful great grandma. We are looking forward to pictures too. Fun, you posted the baby is on his way and it's like we all get to be great grandma's. Yep, I know, scrappy quilts and yard sales, whoda thunk?

Lori, I'm not a sandwich fan either. I also order things without bread. Bet you are in heaven with son time. Hope he gets to stay for a long time.

Lyn, sorry the houses didn't work out. The perfect place will drop in your lap when the time is right. I thought about a perm to get rid of the frizzies, but I am sure mine will turn into an afro and not be suitable at all. Chicken I guess.

Well, I need to go send Marilyn her box and get to sewing. The boys get out of school in a few hours and I would like to go to Rite Aid because I need body wash and to look around to see what else I might need.

You girls have a fantastic day,

xo
Chriss
Psalm 91

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:00 pm

Well, today was a very positive day at the doctor's. I had my 2 month blood draw and it came back with my blood levels increasing and stabilizing within normal and acceptable levels. I don't have to get another blood draw for four more months. :D :D :D

Mary/Rosebud

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:45 pm

Rosebud I’m happy for you about your good report Hugs Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:53 pm

Maryq, don't listen to Chriss, I don't need a timeout, she does LOL nanny nanny poo poo ☺️☺️☺️
Great news Maryrose!
I got all my chores done but didn't get to sew, I was too done in and didn't want to chance a big mistake like last time. I don't think I told you all but I did tell Maryz....I couldn't figure out how to make binding 🤦‍♀️ I guess I was just too tired because the next day it just came to me 🤷‍♀️
The boys are asking when we get to open my package under the tree 🎅🤶 they love helping!
Tina

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:27 pm

Good evening. Would have bet $$ I posted on here today. Maybe that was yesterday?

Anyway out in the cold running around most of day. Bath done and getting ready for some sleep before work at midnight.

Be back in the AM
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”