Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sat. Dec 4th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Sat. Dec 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:59 am

Good morning!

Am I up early or is everyone sleeping in? Oh, wait - I'm a few hours earlier in this time zone. Guess it's me.

KATHY - I'm so relieved you dodged that big bullet! Such a relief! Those camping lanterns are great. Ours can be white light you can raise or lower, flashing white light, red light, and flashing red light. We have one in our truck, trailer, and house.

SHARONA - May is a great baby month! My son was born in May. Not too hot or cold. What surgery did your son have?

CHRISS - you are full of useful info for us Medicare folks! Thanks! You were planning on starting a quilt after TG and liked two different patterns. Did you decide on the pattern?

MARY Q - we always have to move furniture around to accomodate the tree in the living room. How is the orange shirt coming along? You are probably turning your mind toward your trip soon. You leave Dec 17-ish?

VAL - your free-sews sound so enjoyable! I'm glad you get to do them. No one deserves them more. Why are you turning in your company car?

VELDA - that's the thing about retirement, I often have no plans for the day but by evening, I'm tired from being busy all day long! How did I ever have time to hold down a job? lol! Every retired person I know (and that's almost everybody I know!) is busier now than ever.

JUDI - did you get your gift cards? We gave up on gifts for the most part in our family. Except for Autumn because we are usually with her. But we do send "token" gifts or Hickory Farms. And we got our grandsons REI gift cards and each one got a book - Drew got a book about Lord of the Rings and Alec got a White House Cookbook from the Cleveland era that we found in a used book store. Both acted thrilled.

Yesterday we got our laundry done - no small feat as the laundry is quite a trek from our trailer and with the repaving in the park everyone is parking their vehicles anywhere they find a spot, including the laundry parking area - which meant it was difficult getting 4 loads of wash back and forth. Then we cleaned the trailer inside, stem to stern before going out and buying a 6/7 foot tree to take to Autumn's last night. A joy to see her and Antonio! We're going back Sunday morning for brunch and tree decorating. And oven repairing. Her oven went out on TG, just like everyone else's! lol! But Bill thinks he knows what is wrong with it (igniter) and wants to make sure before ordering the part. Today we move into our reserved site. Will be nice to stretch out finally, set up my sewing machine, and put up our little tree.

Y'all have a fab day!

mary Z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Re: Sat. Dec 4th

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:06 am

Good Moening Mary glad you finally got to see Autumn and get to do family things again, your brunch and tree trimming sounds great,
We went to a hockey game last night tournaments all weekend. we wont go today and tomorrow because Sophia has a game tomorow and so does Ryker,,,yes Ryker has a game tomorrow too.
The tree got brought up yesterday and today Ken is working and I will decorate it....that used to be a family event but either ther have their own tree to do or just no time to do it here, So I put on Christmas music and go down memory lane.
Yesterday I ran all my errands got the packages mailed and made a trip to the LQS...I recieved my Harmony Pattern and assembles the fabric and realized I was missing 2 parts....off to the shop and They has the exact colors I needed, so I am ready to start that after the holidays,
Off to get my quick start and throw a load of laundry in.
Mary we carry a fold up wagon in our camper...we use it to haul laundry to the laundry room and back...I also use it to haul my machine and sewing supplies to the club house for the bi weekly "sew together" .
Hope you all have a great dayXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:21 am

Good morning everyone sunny here today
Wow we had a real scare last night Brodee started throwing up & was even unresponsive at one time They called 911 His tests were normal & He got to come Home in the night We are so very thankful With them it is very scary if they get sick
And he also has a shunt too
Maryz So happy you got to see autumn Will be nice to get set up in your right spot Enjoy your decorating time
Judi What fun it was to decorate but I cannot crawl around on my knees anymore and go under the stairs plus it has to be put back so no tree here except my little tree that lights
Sharona Happy for your new baby that’s due in May My DS was born in May & it’s a great time for a new baby
Kathy So happy alls well with your test
The dreading is always the worst
Maryq Know you are anxious to get to Jens house
Chris You will be so knowledgeable about Medicare That’s wonderful
Sherry Hope you are doing well these days Do you have puzzles going now
Valerie that’s wonderful you are taking on the swaps You are one busy lady & I admire you having your Dad too in your care
Suz Belated Happy Birthday to you
Today it’s Laundry day I have by lots to do
Have a wonderful weekend to all. Becca

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:34 am

Good morning world, this is my Friday so TGIF! 3 more hours then done for the next 2 nights (knock on wood).

Mary I am turning in my work car (as is everyone else) as the company has changed the lease options and the monthly rate is going from $150 to $450. It was a good deal at $150 as they also give you a gas card, pay the insurance and cover the maintenance. I would spend that $150 anyway in gas in my car so took the deal. At $450, No. So the whole office is turning in their cars. The business office manager has had to make appointments with staff as she has gotten so overwhelmed with the extra work.

Judi I would love to come help decorate your tree! Yes, my kids are all making their own plans too. But the good side is, with just the 3 of us, prime rib may be on the menu.

Kathy, yes so glad nothing serious.

Sharona my great granddaughter is a May baby. May 4th (may the 4th be with her!) The next baby is due in 9 days. We are waiting a phone call. Well hoping we will get one, the grandson has not called to let me know she was pregnant yet! Good thing my daughter spilled the beans!

Chriss you said something about the next phase of your training? What will that be?

The free sews are fun. Anyone can sign up so if you will be in the area......

I have my BOM get together this morning. Just about an hour and half. Listen to their speal and then as long as you got last months block done, you get the next one free. Otherwise, gotta cough up $5. I am so far staying on track! One maybe two loads of laundry, I will dust Dad's room and possibly the rest of the house and then going to try and spend the day doing some sewing. I also have a few not kid gifts to get in the mail.
6 more days till opening day for the SS elves!

On a last note, for those of you who do not already know, Teresa has decided to step down as Lotto host. She will be focusing on taking care of herself and Rob. I will assume the role on Jan 1. She actually took it over for me about 9 years ago. I am working on a plan for Jan so please stay tuned. Thank you to all those who have so greatly supported her over the years. Hope you will continue to participate.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:38 am

Morning
Sat with kids and visited yesterday. It was nice. Today busy...groceries, pack for Joe , get Joe to his rig. Bought a special pump to bleed brakes, brakes still not right. Joe ordered more parts, so I am chauffeur again. Next Friday, his 1 day off, we have tickets to the auschwitz exhibit in Kansas City...so no truck work then either.

Time to get moving.
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:44 am

Happy Saturday Maryz and Judi. And all who follow.
Judi. I have one of the folding wagons. Only used it in Texas to haul sewing and doing laundry. I kept it and now I use it to go to church quilting day. We don't meet weekly or monthly anymore. Only when we have a bunch ready to sandwich. So different since Covid. More working independent in own homes.
Mary, how eat to have brunch and decorate together. Just like my Hallmark movies.
We have been enjoying all the Christmas programs and movies. We record, then watch from DVR. Helps to be able to zip past the commercials.
I have been sorting and going through my sewing notions. So hard to decide what to save and what to throw away. After 10 years if RV living, some things not only did I NOT use? OMG, I forgot I even owned. Guess I should get rid of these.
Also, I have so many Christmas Christmas Cards. I only mail about a dozen via USPS, most of my cards are e-cards only.
Still need to purge a lot of "stuff". LOL
Valerie, glad you can take the hostess position. She ask me and no way could I do that. I appreciate all that Teresa and you put into such a fun thing to participate with. Time to try a new technique or learn a new pattern. Just like the "Sew along". That was fun and different, too.
Coffee time, breakfast and morning meds.
Hugs all around!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:07 am

Good morning!

Well here is the before and after of me. It will take awhile to get used to short hair!

Not much new here, just a very used cookie baking kitchen to clean. Utah football won last night, so they will be heading to the Rose Bowl game on New Year's Day. Still waiting to see where BYU will play. That's 2 teams from my little state playing in bowl games this year.

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:14 am

Good Cloudy Morning.......

Rain is coming my way in a day or two with 60*.

Thank you for you kind words. I didn't realize what a heavy burden it was until it was gone. It also looks like a message from the Lord to move on from my slump & open my eyes to all my blessings.

Blessing #1plenty of uglies to do today & a little laundry.

Maryz....I'm looking forwarded to having the lantern for my next blackout. So happy you are having time with Autumn. Dose she have a new sweetie?

Judi.......looks like the are more games than there are 'you' to go around....have fun.
I plan to put my 4 window lights in today. Not too big a job. Good luck with the tree.

Becca.......I'm so happy to hear Brodee is doing fine. Will say a few prayers for him. I'll see you at the washing machine....LOL

Suzette.....sorry I'm late. Hope you Birthday was great!

Val.......sorry you have to turn in your car, sounded like a good deal. My Long Island quilt shop did the $5 BOM. I only made one I didn't Like. Your an angel to take up the Lotto.

I have to go now. Love & Prayers........Kathy

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:15 am

Jana, love your hair cut so youthful. Go Girl!

Kathy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:18 am

November was crazy and it's rolled into December. House buying update. We tried
to put a house on Texas Ave in Kingsland under contract in early November. Seller/Realtor is very hard to work with and just stopped communicating. So we found another house on Bluebriar Ln, Buchanan Dam. Got it under contract, had inspection and needs a new roof. Tried to work it out with sellers. But sellers have health problems. She had some kind of heart surgery a few days before we looked at place. Then as we were trying to negotiate the roof, he had a Dr appt and found out he has prostate cancer. They took the house off the market. So DH and I decided to go back to Texas Ave house and raise our offer, yesterday. At least the seller/Realtor is talking with our Realtor. But, now there's another offer in competition with us. So now we just wait for an answer.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”