Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, Nov 30

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Tuesday, Nov 30

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:48 am

Good morning

Yesterday Bill and I had a great visit with Tina and Frankie. Always fun at their house. Wish it could have been longer. We Did remember to take a photo and I posted it.

Today will be a long day in the saddle - about 340 miles. But we will be in Texas. Texas is a big state. It will take us three days to get to Austin where we will lose my sister and brother-in-law as they move on towards Florida. It’s been fun to travel with them for this week. It was just a fluke we were both planning to travel the same route at the same time.

I haven’t sewn a stitch by hand or machine in two weeks. I’m starting to get itchy! I am looking forward to putting our feet down for a month and letting my Bernie out of the bag!

So please, somebody sew something for me!

Mary z

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday, Nov 30

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:02 am

Good morning Mary and all who follow,

Mary I've been having a dry spell for the past couple of days I'm going to hobby lobby for backing and batting for the dinosaur quilt so that can be finished.
I'm so glad you got to see Tina you both looked great.
Today I'm going to hobby lobby while my husband goes to the gym that will be my exercise :lol:.
I was on yesterday afternoon to tell you all that Sandi got negative results on her breast surgery and to thank you for all your prayers.
Well thats all the news here have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:24 am

Lois, I was so happy to hear of Sandi‘s negative results. What a relief for your family. Now you can truly enjoy the holidays. Good luck “Exercising” at hobby lobby today !

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:37 am

Good Morning. Thanks for sharing a picture if you and Tina. What a fun day!
Lois, great news on Sandi. Praises to the Lord above!
Well I finished my last quilt to tie. Now I am going to need a project until my Sapphire gets back home from the Spa.
I still have the Swedish Weaving I inherited from my deceased friend. Hope I can get my mo go back on that. And hope I can remember the routine row, by row. 🤗
That's all for here. Coffee ☕ time.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:47 am

Good morning everyone sun is peeking out
We are cold here
Maryz So glad you got to see Tina Such a nice visit I’m sure
LoisIm so glad Sadeee doesn’t need surgery
Velda Nice you got your quilts all tied

Today is laundry day So many clothes for 2 people but we had company so extra
Don’t know what today might hold No appts That’s good
Have a beautiful day to all. Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:06 am

Good morning It is more snow today..the wet sloppy kind...roads are ok and I wil head to the store later for the scavenger hunt and drop my winter wool coat at the cleaners. they are in the same parking lot. I am making breaded pork chops for supper and we need a few other things,,
yesterday was a very busy day,,,I got up and did 3 loads of laundry and baked 2 loaves of banana nut bread then got dressed ran the sweeper and went to lunch with my dear friend. She came back to the house to see my decorations and chat we had coffee and (yes you guessed it) banana nut bread for dessert, it was a full day by the time Ken came home. Left overs for supper, I was tired but we still had a hockey game at 8. the boys did well. won their game. I fell asleep in the car on the way home...(ken says He cannot carry me into the house so I have to wake up)
I have all the decor up that I am going to do this year...they will bring the tree up and I will decorate
it over a couple of days, It will go in the sunroom. Well that is all my adventures,,,I may get a little more sewing done as I still have binding to do on the scrappy quilts.
Have a wonderful day,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 am

Morning
Lois, great news about Sandi! Praise the Lord!
Maryz, we do get snow, but not like we did on Cali mountains. The ice storms are bad, & I don't drive in them. Even Joe stats put during ice storms, and he is am awesome driver. No matter what you drive, no traction on ice.
Still decorating house, taking it slow.
Today is repeat of yesterday, except DGD has school, so DDIL and kids, granddaughter & granddog, will be here after school.
I haven't been sewing, after holidays will get back to t shirt quilt making for Joe with his department shirts.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:21 am

Good morning!

Aaron and the little girls stopped by for a minute yesterday. Kate was called in for a special shift yesterday. There was a need for some extra medical, as Herriman had a parade last night. It's our annual Christmas parade here in town and Kate helped out in Santa arriving! Aaron took the girls to see Santa and to see Mom and her firetruck, well, ambulance. Lila said, Santa's OK, but loved seeing Mom better, with her rig. They all had fun!

Not much happening here. I need to straighten the guest bedroom. Some how it got a bit messy with no one in it. Matt and the boys are coming out to haul up my Christmas. I have all that the office closet holds, out. Only thing left in that large closet is all the ornaments. The guest bedroom will hold all the empty totes until I de-decorate in January.

I will be sewing today. Need to make a few more neighbor gifts. Sarah's list has expanded. Ethan will play elf for me in delivering all of them.

Stay safe, stay warm, and always do something fun! Like the saying goes, life's too short, eat dessert first!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Tuesday Every one! Tis another bright sunny day and I'm thinking I should take advantage of it and GO OUT! I Could get some Christmas shopping done before we get a snow storm!

Maryz. LOVE the picture of you guys at Tina's!! SO good to see smiley faces! I knew Texas was BIG but 3 days to get to Austin! YIKES. I'd love to sew something for you... any requests?

Lois.. Oh heck yah... walking around HL is exercise.... those stores are huge! Especially when the fabric is on one side of the store and all the pretty Christmas stuff is on the other side!

Velda... Your good machine is in the spa too? Took mine in last week and it'll be another week or so before I get her back. Thankfully I have a spare.. but it's just not the same. I googled Swedish Weaving to refresh my memory of what it was. I think I learned how to do that when I was in high school! I better not look at it any more or I'll want to start another needlework hobby! :lol:

Becca.... Don't you wonder where all those dirty clothes came from? Just when I think the laundry room is finally empty.... there's more. Of course I can chalk that up to 4 extra people in the house.

Judi.... What? Ken wouldn't carry you in and tuck you safely in your bed? Well, I guess that's ok, we wouldn't want Ken to hurt his back! :lol: :lol: Evie is starting to ask when we are going to put up a tree...so maybe we will start this weekend.

Flo... Does Joe drive one of those BIG rig semi's? You're right... nothing drives on glare ice. In Northern MN and North Dakota on big stretches of interstate.. when the highways get like that.. they just close them down.

Jana.... How does that happen... a messy guest room with no one in it! Now you know what happened to my whole house (bk: before kids)... always little messes to clean up here. It's those darn gremlins.

Not sure I'll get in the sewing room today---probably better that I shouldn't and get some of the little messes cleaned up. I have basket of laundry to put away. And some Christmas presents to organize.

And Now I need more coffee and definitely need a shower! Even I can't stand myself this morning!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:34 pm

Good evening, it was a wonderful day today.

I spent most of my day shopping on Amazon. Jerry and I make Christmas lists for each other and while it's hard to come up with things I really want I did come up with things I would like to have. Jerry came up with lots of things he would like to have and isn't getting them all.

Ricky, the neighbor who bought grandma's house, had some time off so he's been cleaning the property. Lots of oak trees have died due to some kind of disease. Some have rotted out and fallen others are just dead and still standing. He got the trees on my property and his cleaned up. It really looks nice. He still needs to burn it all and that could take some time. What a wonderful neighbor, such a kind thing for him to do.

Maryz, Loved the picture of you and Tina. Glad you are in Texas. It really is a big state.

Lois, did you get to Hobby Lobby? I was going to go today since their Christmas is 50% off but didn't make it. I really don't need anything. I do love their wrapping paper. Maybe tomorrow.

Velda, what is a Swedish weaving? and what RXR are you making?

Becca, we also seem to have a lot of laundry for two people. And when I change the beds, it really adds to the chore.

Judi, crazy you are having snow and we are in the mid 60's. Too warm for sleeves past about 10am. Funny you said wool coat, I don't own a coat. I have a zip up hoodie and cardigan sweaters but no coat. Funny how things are so different on opposite ends of the map.

Flo, we sure don't get the snow we used to get. And now there are blossoms on my pear tree and my orange tree didn't even give me one blossom. We don't seem to have seasons any more. I bet if you googled snow at Big Bear you would see none or very little. It's sad.

Jana, what are you making for neighbor gifts?

Maryq, I am with Evie, it's time for the tree to go up. It's fun to watch the kids get excited about Christmas. Yep, my shopping is done it's all about the wrapping now. I do still need to get a couple of gift cards but that's it. Things will be arriving here in the next two weeks.

Sharona, Does DH eat a Granny Smith apple every day? Jerry uses them to make pies.

This weekend is supposed to be a 4H parade, the boys next door are in 4H and I have been invited to attend. Also, this weekend are at least 3, maybe more, craft fairs. Nice that they are all on the same day.

Hope you girls are either having a good night or are sound asleep.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”