Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, Nov 28

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Sunday, Nov 28

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:32 am

Good morning

Not a lot to report. We had a good run yesterday. 200 miles. We are 25 miles west of Tucson and enjoying 75’ weather. Will be here one more night before moving on to Deming NM tomorrow. Will swing by Tina’s house for a visit.

Going into Tucson today for a bit of shopping.

Have a great day!

Mary z

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, Nov 28

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:03 am

Good Morning Mary and all who follow,
Yesterday was a fun day I started cleaning my room and then Bill asked me if I wanted to put up the tree it being new and with it being one of those pre lit trees and wanted to make sure the lights worked it was really easy it came in 3 sections it looks so pretty.
So today it's back to the sewing room and putting back all the fabric that I pulled for all the stuff I was doing .

Mary it sounds like your trip is going as planed and soon you'll be seeing Tina give her an extra hug from me and you and Bill keep being safe.

Well thats all the news from this neck of the woods.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:59 am

Good Morning we have a good 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. it is the first big snow fall. very pretty. but Ken doesnt think so. we are headed to my sisters to split firewood...we have 5 of us working on it, We are checking the road conditions right now and see if the salt and plow trucks have been out. I spent the evening decorating the snow men are on the steps but i need batteries for the lights on the snowman tree, (no plug on the steps) I just love the battery lights they stay on for 6 hours and go off,,I use them on my wreaths too. well I nee to get dressed and get moving,,,hope you all have a fun day, Word of the day is Precious....how pecious is the life God gave us,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:54 am

Good morning!

We are just cold, no fluffy white stuff, yet. Drats!

Worked on decorating my front room. I am slow and then was hampered by not having ornament hanging hooks. Some of my ornaments were missing their hooks.. So called Sarah, she was out shopping, so she looked for some for me. Not any to be found. So we opted to make our own, using paper clips, which she did find. You just unfold the paper clip and it works great. I also experimented in the way I decorated the tree. Securely put the ornaments on each layer of the tree, before I assembled the tree. Worked fairly well, a few bugs that still need to be worked out.

BYU won last night. It's been a great season! Now to see where they will play in all the Bowl games.

Church is later this morning. Then more decorating.

Word for me is small. You can do great things, with "small" and simple acts. It only takes something small, to reach out and make a difference.

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:15 am

Nothing new here. Waiting now to go to church. This afternoon, I hope to work on tying the church quilts. Nothing else to report.
I did check the SS list against what MaryQ reported, plus the new reports of who has their package. Looks like we have about 5 more pals to receive their box. This is getting exciting!!
Hugs and remember the two words our pals gave us:. Precious. and Small.

Today is Advent and we await the small, precious gift of Baby Jesus as we remember His birth. 💓
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:57 am

Good beautiful morning, it's going to be a great day today. I try to start my day on a cheerful note to set the tone for the rest of the day.

On my agenda for the day is to go find something for Christmas for the boys next door. There are no toy stores around here anymore so it's either Walmart, Target or Amazon. I'm hoping a bigger town will have more options. While Amazon has a million toys, I'm not finding what I want.

Maryz, how fun to visit with Tina, wish I were there.

Lois, we have been looking for a new tree. Ours is at least 40 years old and belonged to my grandma. We have to insert each branch. For the last few years, we have said that we will get one after Christmas and each year we put up the same tree. Glad you had a nice visit with the kids.

Judi, what a smile maker to wake up to snow. We haven't had a real winter here in I don't know how long. Not sure I want snow but would love a bunch of rain. Will there be snow where you are splitting wood?

Jana, I have been looking at my ornaments. I have some on hooks and some are hung with ribbon or cord. I was thinking about replacing the hooks with either the ribbon or cord, making it all the same.

Velda, I've been looking to see if everyone has received their SS package yet too. I think they will start arriving next week. I've asked DH to bring me my box a few times and it won't do it. I am just so curious. Waiting is just as hard at 58 as it was at 6 years old. It's hard to be me :lol:

Suzette, I'm so curious about the gingerbread cookies with coffee. Is the coffee for flavor or color? My grandma used to put (and now I do it) a little instant coffee in her gravy to darken it.

Kathy, I read you didn't get any sleep night before last. Hope you are sleeping in this morning.

Katy, hoping you found the fix and can easily increase your vitamin D intake. Nice that Jim is helpful, is he still living at your house? It's nice that you two can get along and be helpful to each other.

I have HICAP training on Monday then again on December 3rd and that will be it for the year. I still have a whole lot to learn but will take classes after the first of the year. I really only am able to help with part D and need to learn the rest.

I've also been appointed to the local Commission on Aging. Only a quarterly zoom meeting. My term ends in 2023 where I can either step down or ask to be re-appointed.

And now you are caught up with all the excitement going on here. Hope you all have a marvelous day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:43 am

Good morning, hoping the sun is shining where ever you are or that God is blessing you with much needed precipitation.

Just me and dad to day. DH is off to work. He was off all week while my DBIL was here. It was a nice visit. But glad everyone is gone home. TG day we also had a friend of ours from high school who bless is heart has severe depression so is very negative and opinionated. God granted me the strength to get through it.

Weather is wonderful. Currently 49 but looking for 67 by mid afternoon. Warm enough to not be cold but cool enough to not be too hot. Just my kinda weather.

I will be putting my BOM blocks together (I am doing the same quilt in two different colorways). I have one dance scheduled with Maytag but that is it for uglies. Plenty of time for Dad care and Me care!

Yes Vel when mine came yesterday, I went and checked the list too. Hopefully the last few have been mailed and we can open early. Waiting is a very difficult chore! I don't need a darn thing and still can't wait to see what is in the box!

Chriss we have no "toy stores" left around here either. For a long time there was one in Napa but it is now gone too. The wonderful kitchen store is gone also. It was the last of it's kind. They have gone to just online now. Congratulations on your appointment. There is so much the older population need and can't get. Many don't know that IHSS is only available if you are Medi-cal eligible. But many can't pay caregiver fees. Dad's fees will go up come Feb 1.

Maryz glad you will get to see Tina. Tell her hello for me and give her a big hug. Hoping she is okay after the loss of her brother.

Well church is soon go need to get a quick bite.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

womster

Post by womster » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:17 am

Good morning!

Just a quick check-in before church. I survived Thanksgiving but did have to take a Tramadol Thursday night. This will officially be the last big meal I cook. Next year the turkey subs sound like a plan. We had an extra treat of having our 21yo grandson stay with us two nights before he took off back to Manhatten, KS where he is finishing up his junior year at KSU. It was lovely!

Today we will finish up getting the house back to normal. Not much else to report! I hope y'all have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:54 am

Good Morning Girls

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days... It's been kind of crazy around here. Tom and Viv came up for TG and Viv stayed for a few days to be able to do some Christmas shopping around here. No stores where she lives in Wisconsin--even the grocery store is an hour away! So we've been hanging out and I haven't even been IN my office! Brennen went home with Tom to do some deer hunting so they are going to meet this afternoon to make a "swap" Brennen for Viv.

Viv brought back 3 of my quilts she did for me and I got the binding on one last night... hopefully this week I can finish, photo and post. One is the Sew Along we did. Am anxious to finish that one so I can maybe put it all the end of my bed... for cold Minnesota nights!

Maryz.... So glad you are at least able to keep in touch and let us know where you are along the route. You'll be at Tina's tomorrow or Tuesday? What fun!!! hopefully you can snap a few good pictures to post!

Lois... Kind of nice to have the tree up isn't it... It's a little early for me, I usually do mine around the 10-15th.. Not sure what we are going to do this year. I think I'll leave that up to the kids. I have a ton of decorations, but they might want to get their own out. Since I will be in AK they can decorate as they like. Usually they get a real tree, but I've heard they are really expensive this year... so maybe they will use my fake one.

Judi.... First snow is always so pretty!!! Makes a mess of the roads though. Hope they get you plowed out soon. It's supposed to get up to the high 40's here this week and no snow in the forecast for the next week. I wonder if we will have a brown Christmas. I'd love to see all your snowmen! Shoot me a picture and I can post it for you if you'd like.

Jana.... Oh yes, paper clips work great! I've used them many times! :lol: :lol: Great idea to add decoration one layer at a time! I usually do the lights that way, as my tree is in 3 layers too. Even tho it's pre-lit... I always add some more... some years colored ones, some years more all white ones.

Velda... As of this morning, double checking my list... I only see 3 more elves waiting on their gifts! It sure is getting exciting! As soon as all are accounted for... everybody has package in hand.. we can open! My has a little noise to it, so I'm anxious to see what's inside. It doesn't sound like goats though. :lol: :lol:

Chriss.... What a cool thing for you.... I think all the stars aligned for this new path for you... How awesome to be a part of something that will help all of us old folks (ok, young at heart folks). You will be able to advocate for Seniors and give them a voice! You are so right... this waiting is HARD!

Valerie.... You had a good visit with your DBIL? You got along okay? It's wonderful having company and I love when Tom and Viv are here, we get along so well and enjoy each other's company. But I do look forward to things being "normal" again!

Sharon... Hey... great idea!! Turkey Subs!! Or better yet, may be Pot Luck! :lol: :lol: Someone can bring bread, someone can bring deli turkey, someone can bring onions... etc etc. Hey I like that Idea... maybe I'll do that for Christmas!

Hard to believe it's the end of November already! The next few months are going to go by really fast! I have purchase agreements between my kids and between me and the townhouse sellers all printed up but not signed yet. I can close with the kids by the end of December and hopefully close on the townhouse by the end of January. I won't move right away and Kris and I (mostly Kris) are going to paint the living room and kitchen (it's a funky brown now) and I think I'll get carpets cleaned etc. I think I'm going to hire movers to do the heavy stuff--don't want my boys getting hurt. After Christmas I'll start packing up non-essentials (sewing room will be last)

For now I better get in gear... need a shower then get back to Mr. Maytag who has been patiently waiting for me.

Wishing you all a wonderful blessed Sunday

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:28 am

Good afternoon, all! Just checking in to see if you all had a good Thanksgiving. We had ours yesterday because everyone was here to watch the Michigan VS Ohio State game. I won $20 from my one son first time in several years. We have a $20 bet every year so I have lost more than I have won. Next week we get to play for the Big Ten Championship. Go Wolverines.

It is very cold here today. Supposed to have heavy winds here this afternoon. Everyone left last night so I am just going to do almost nothing today. I am "whooped". Will watch some football and probably cross stitch, but that is all. Though I sent food home with everyone I still have a lot left so won't have to cook for a couple of days.

Will be glad when December 10th gets here. My Secret Santa box that I got last week is driving me crazy. It is so heavy. May-be he sent me lumps of coal because I wasn't good this year. LOL

Hope you all had a very good Thanksgiving! Have a good week. Soon I will get my Christmas decorations out but I don't do that before December 1st.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”