Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

thurs October 28th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

thurs October 28th

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:39 am

Good morning,,,sorry to see more prayers are needed for Rod. It is chilly here (40s) I will do some windows today AND clean the glass doors in my kitchen. that will take most of the day...Lots of glass dorrs in my kitchen,,,might re arrange some of the stuff in there,,,But first coffee and toast. Hope your day is happy . The littles hockey game was so cute...they are like little bugs out there on the ice...I also got to see great grand baby River Lynn and got a big smile from her,,,melted my heart,,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Re: thurs October 28th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:15 am

Hi everyone. Prayers for Rod. Judi, oh neat to see new baby and hockey player cutie. 🤗
I will be sewing 🧵🪡 today. Rainy day is a good sewing day. Only bad thing is loosing the bright sunshine.

Just finished exercise. Will do bible study before my sewing.
You all have a wonderful day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:49 am

Good rainy morning,

It's been a busy weather week here - first two "bomb cyclones" off our coast and now an "atmospheric river" is bringing us 36 hours of steady rain and breeze. But a sunny weekend is ahead for us!

SHIRLEY MAE - so sorry to read that Rod is sick again. Will send healing thoughts his way!

JUDI - That hockey game had to be the cutest thing ever! Plus you got to snuggle RiverLynn! Bonus! I'd probably be throwing rocks through the windows about now. I HATE washing windows. We have 16 in our house plus the sliding door. And 3 cabinet doors in the kitchen. I would wash them, but I could die tomorrow and then what a waste it would be to have washed windows only to die! Better to not take the chance.

CHRISS - we got our boosters last evening at Costco. Whew! Now I feel safe. I hope you get your resuts - negative, of course - today. If Jerry is still sick I doubt they will give it to him until he's better. When you do get your booster, make sure you stay hydrated. It will help control side-effects, if you have any. What's going on in your sewing room??

SHARONA - haha! I can't wait to see my finished quilt, too! Sorry your DS has to have surgery. Praying all goes well. Glad you got the rain, but wind is a bummer! How is your dad doing?

MARY Q - you've got a lot of great ideas! Are you also making Christmas gifts? Plus preparing to fly to AK? (By the way, what days will you be gone on that trip? I've seen that Irish Change. Love it! Also, love another IC pattern I found in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine, August 2020 issue. It's called Green with Envy. I have all the fabrics to make that in a small tote. I had it packed in the trailer, but then pulled it out. I think I have more than enough to keep me busy with LOTR, comfort blocks, and scraps/crazy quilt - oh, and my half-finished Star Bright - another magazine pattern I started this summer.

LOIS - what a great idea for JANA - a baby monitor! Also, cell phones, loud bell, walkie talkie's. And our landline, with 3 extensions, is also an intercom system. Aren't you the one who is working on a Fancy Forest? How is that going? Just cutting it out is intense. Sorry your bench pillow project went into the can.

JANA - glad Michael is improving so steadily. And off all supplemental oxygen? That's great!! I've read that almost a quarter of Covid patients suffer some sort of memory loss - at least temporarily. My friend and neighbor that I walk with every morning still thinks it's all a hoax. Nothing will convince her otherwise.

VALERIE - I hope your letter has some impact with the powers that be. I'm sorry but I'm having trouble recalling what TATW (your quilt) means. I'm sure you told us - more than once, probably. But I think I missed it. You were working on El's 40th anniversary quilt, I know . . Sorry you react to medications so severely. My only reaction is sleepy. I took Tylenol last night after my shot just prophylactically (they young man registering us said it was like a wonder drug for him with his shot) and I slept completely through the night for the first time in many months. IBU helps me sleep, too. I don't even need the extra "PM". Sorry there is so much crime in your town. It's really gone up everywhere, especially violent crimes, since the anti-police movement. Would you consider moving after you retire?

VELDA - sounds like you are getting buried under quilting projects! Isn't that great!! :D

FLO - glad you had a good check-up. Let's hope they stay that way!! Bill read a puppy-training book when we got Scottie, who was 7 weeks old. He took him outside every 2 hours, round the clock. EVen at night. And always to the spot in the yard we wanted him to go. Scott only had 2 oopsies in the house and was completely trained within 2 weeks. It was a rough two weeks, but it worked!

Yesterday was a busy day - chiro, grocery, 2 other errands, made a much easier LOTR block, straighten whole house, clean two bathrooms, clean garage, laundry, then go get shots about 5pm. I was ready for bed at 8, but woke up in my chair and went to bed at 9. then slept all night! Today all we have to do is vacuum. Bob an Betsy arriving noon-ish for 2 nights and I'll make homemade pizza for supper.

When we came home from our shots it was rainy and getting along towards dark. Vicki was out in the middle of the road, traffic was snarled. Again. So Bill called 911 (which never arrived) while I went to try to get her out of the road. We could barely see her. and she actually cooperated with me! She walked over to her mailbox at the side of the road (where she keeps her cigarettes), lit one, and we talked very pleasantly while she smoked it. In the rain, and the semi-dark, with cars whizzing by us, some honking in anger. I kept my eye on traffic in case anyone veered in our direction. She's very hard to understand but I got the gist of most of what she was saying. She even remembered my brother, Jim, who died 5 years ago and that he had Parkinsons. I was standing downwind of her and got the full effect of her smoke. 😣 But I was afraid to leave her on the road alone in dark and rain. When the cigarette was done, she toddled off down her driveway. But one day she will get hit. Her response to that was to shrug her shoulders and say, "oh well."

Wishing everyone a great day! Here, we are just hoping to stay afloat! there will be enough rain to share for all of you who are wishing for some!

mary z
>^+^<

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:47 am

Good Day to All
Prayers for Rod and Shirley Mae.
Only made it to Colorado Springs Tuesday, but got setup just before a wind/rain storm hit. Yesterday we came over to Lamar, CO. Got here at 2, which then allowed me time to make some business calls. On the phone with insurance a full hour. Wind warnings again today, from the north to push us south. Going to stop in Amarillo and visit friends who just bought a house there and will not be full time RV'ers now.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Good morning!

All still here doing the SSND , same stuff, new day. Matt was by for a visit last night. Sarah will be by this morning. We need to re-order prescriptions and call the primary care Dr. Michael is still doing well. Tried to do to much exercise yesterday, and wore himself out. Today he will moderate what he does. He is anxious about his recovery. I am the voice of patience. The little teddy bear, Lila picked out for Grandpa, not to be lonely, now has a name. It's Hope. Rather fitting, I'd say. Ethan was over yesterday too. He needed to see Grandpa.

So my days are the same. Boring, but happy to have Michael home. I can testify to anyone, this isn't a hoax or made up disease! I am a first hand , eye witness!

Stay Safe!
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:46 am

Morning
As I type, puppy is sleeping on my lap. Mailed block lotto yesterday. Teresa should have them Saturday. Rural maul sometimes takes a few extra days.

Flo

womster

Post by womster » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:11 am

Good morning!

Just running through - have to leave in a few minutes to head to Colorado Springs so DH can visit with his bro. I will update upon my return. Until then - happy whatever!! xoxo Sharona

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:15 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. I am so far behind on reading all the posts. Don't know where the time has gone. Still trying to get over my virus but it is so much better. This wet weather we are having is not helping much. Supposed to get another 2 inches starting tonight. We got about 5 inches on Monday and Tuesday. Needless to say the yard is not getting mowed. Next mowing should be the last of the year.

Flo your puppy looks so cute. I enjoy when my dog and cat both sit with me in the recliner. Only proble is when I have to get up after about and hour. Boy do I get dirty looks.

Have a good and safe day everyone.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”