Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday October 26,2021

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Tuesday October 26,2021

Post by maryq » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:30 am

Good Morning Girls

Yeah for Tuesday... Another nice sunny day.. but boy are the temps falling! The leaves are still kind of pretty here, but they won't last much longer. I keep thinking that one of these days I'll wake up to snow on the roof of my garage--that I can see out my bedroom window!

Lois... Are there any outlet malls close to you? Or did you go to that one to visit DS while you were at it. There is an outlet mall 2 miles from my house and I only get there when it's time to get new shoes at the Sketcher store. I don't think the prices are all that much better than regular stores... unless they are having a sale or something. But it's nice and close to home, so I might have to head up there to do some Christmas shopping!

Judi... Oh what fun to have a friend come and get you for lunch... to heck with the windows today go enjoy your day! Any quilt shops along the way? After my trip to Iowa, I think I'm kind of shopped out! Oh My gosh did I just say that???

Flo.... Hope you got all good reports at the Dr's office. Do you know where Oak Grove, MO is? That's where my BFF if moving to next week!

Diane... That's awesome!! 20 quilts for women Vets!!! I'm thinking I might make one for Kris's friend that was a helicopter pilot over there. And her DH too. But I think it would be more special if it was an official "QOV" quilt. Thank you for YOUR service to our Vets!

Maryz... Did you sit through ALL the LOTR movies? A while back I saw a place where you could order the Ring... and since I love rings.. I was tempted... but resisted. Not sure I could sit through all those movies.... have never seen Harry Potter movies either. Almost done getting purchases organized, will finish today then start laundry. Came home from WI with a few more quilt ideas that are keeping me awake, so will write them down, plan them out and be done!

Jana.... So good to hear that Michael is home and improving every day! How fun to create a wondeful Christmas Tradition! I bet the kids have many great memories of curling up on bed to have hot chocolate and rolls!

Valerie... Did you get a booster shot or a Flu shot? This week I promised myself I'd go get my flu shot.. that is if I get out of the house. Maybe Friday! Not sure when I'll get the Pfizer booster as I don't know if it's available here yet. I didn't have any reaction from the original shot, so am hoping the booster won't bother me!

Kathy... .Oh dear so sorry to hear about Kim. But boy oh boy I sure congratulate her on her weight loss. She has to be feeling really good about that! Hope her stay at rehab is short so she can get back home! Would she ever consider moving closer to you?

Lyn... Wishing you safe travels... are you headed to Texas? Will be different without Velda there this year!

Guess I better get butt in gear... I am showered and dressed, but need to start laundry and see what kind of mess I left in the sewing room yesterday... spend most of the time washing and ironing (call me crazy, I love that part of the process)

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday!

QuiltGram8

Re: Tuesday October 26,2021

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:24 am

Safe travels, Lyn. Hope your winter is uneventful. Stay safe. Hope you can avoid Covid!!
I don't have time to chat. I had quilt group gathering at church today. We meet again tomorrow. For my afternoon I will be at my sewing machine. Have a great day!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”