Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday Oct 18,2021

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Monday Oct 18,2021

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:35 am

I wish I could post a picture,,,I am doing 5 cups of rice per neck roll It is cut 6inches by 22 inches,,,5 cups of rice does not fill it...it weighs just over 2 1/2 #s..it wraps around your neck over your shoulders...My one that is old weighs 3#s and it isnt that heavy. you can make the rice packs any size you wish but my family seems to like this size. Liam says in the summer it like a very cold hug to cool you off. and of course it helps with the bumps and bruises the hockey players get. My Sophia heats them up in the winter and places them under the covers of her bed and had toasty warm feet. Some have baffles sewn in which keeps the rice evenly distributed but my like these as they can adjust them and shift the rice where ever they want/ I was at a craft fair and the lady made 5x5 hand warmer,,and she was selling them for $8 each....the craft fair was in the late fall and they were selling.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:41 am

Good Day to All.
I had to be down the mountain early today, having Jeep serviced.

Belated Happy Birthday Valerie.

I appreciate everyone’s input on wether I should take my HQS16 to Texas. I only have the king top to quilt, so have decided to leave machine at house. I never get as much done as I would like to and with DH seeming to need more attention, best to pack light.

This week will go quickly. Have some appts and DD2 & family will drive in on Thursday for DGD’s Horsecapades show this weekend. We will start south next Monday.
Lyn

womster

Post by womster » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Good evening - my gosh I hit the floor running and with only two hours of sleep and it was not pretty. Got most of the stuff done. Had to set up meals for a guy who has been in the hospital for four months with covid, two of which were in a coma. The hospital said they had done all they could for him, so would he please leave. No beds are open in any rehab facility so we will see what happens. He is 52. Then had to get my annual cardiac appointment, sign up for some training (which was wrong, so now I'm trying to get that straightened out), and then clean. The best news? We're going to be great grandparents next May! Our Navy granddaughter and her Navy husband are expecting. Woohooo!

Maryz - my dad is 87. He somehow ripped the toenail of his big toe yesterday and my poor step-mom had to spend hours cleaning the carpets. He has neuropathy and didn't realize he'd injured himself.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day. I really hope I can get some sleep tonight. xoxo Sharona

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Good evening,

Woke up this morning to find the power was out. Actually it went out just after midnight and came on about 11am. I knew it was out after midnight because my cpap machine quit working.

On the 20th I go get a free battery back up for my cpap machine. It is offered by our electric company We do have a generator but it needs to be set up and at midnight that isn't much of an option.

Tuesday I get retested for Covid. Once I get a negative I can start watching the boys again. They have been having family members take turns while I am unavailable. I haven't seen those boys for a couple of weeks which seems like an eternity for me.

Jerry and I are planning Thanksgiving. We are cooking a turkey dinner at my dads on the Friday after TG. My son and his wife will also be there. We will get a small turkey and do all the fixings. On TG Jerry will cook a bigger turkey and all the trimmings. He will use that turkey to make pot pies. They are so good. I'd rather have the pot pie than the entire dinner. And I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a tree put up the weekend after TG.

Flo, such a pretty beagle, I love him. Moose says hi. Give him a belly rub from us.

Suzette, hope you are feeling much better.

Lois, I saw your dino quilt, it is so cute.

Judi, I bet those rice packs will be a hit, I'll be happy to help with picture posting. Hope you found just the right turkey. Glad the quilt top is done and your LA is ready for it.

Diane, I bet you are counting the sleeps until the kids get there. what fun.

Maryz, Jerry is getting much better. I think he was surprised and how my symptoms were quite a bit less than his. Although most womens symptoms are less than mens. Not much going on here. Enjoy your company, hope she has a good check up at the doctor.

Valerie, we also had rain with our power outage. It wasn't really the right time for me to retire either but, as luck would have it, my job made that decision for me. Best decision ever. Glad your dad sang to you, that was sweet.

Tina, I don't think I would do well cleaning out a hoarders house. I got food poisoning once, it was at the Steak N Shake in St. Louis near the airport, I think it was the salad dressing.

Jana, hope that Michael gets well soon. Glad he was up to dictating to you.

Maryq, I have to stop buying fabric too. I need to use up what I have. I'm pretty sure it will last me for the rest of my life. Yet I am thinking about going into town to get a little Halloween fabric. ugh.

Lyn, sorry DH is requiring more attention. Prayers for you and him

Sharona, sorry you got so little sleep. Congrats on becoming a great grandma, how cool is that?

Hope you all have a great day, see you tomorrow
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”