Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday September 28,2021

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Tuesday September 28,2021

Post by womster » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:58 am

Good morning!

Another run through the revolving door (as Maryz so aptly phrased it). I'm off to Denver to get my hairs cut. Unfortunately, my friend won't be there. We had to schedule separately due to the now-defunct Thursday meetings I was attending. We will be back on track next month - woohoo!

Chriss - bite your tongue! That made me LOL. I wonder if Medicare covers pregnancy. :lol:

We have wolf spiders, and it's also tarantula migrating season. Someone on NextDoor posted a picture of what she called a very strange-looking and huge wolf spider. She was quickly corrected - it was a tarantula. Yuck to both!!!! DS2 used to call them tarantuladas (like enchiladas) - I am so used to typing it his way that I had to go back and correct it. :)

Have a glorious day. xoxo Sharona

maryq

Re: Tuesday September 28,2021

Post by maryq » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:51 am

Good Morning Girls

Up, showered and dressed! Was going to make mad dash to the fabric warehouse today... but thinking I better put on hold for a bit.. It's Not that I NEED anything... but I'd like to see what they have for washable wool---that isn't $25./yd! Guess I'll stay home and sew something.. I have 3 projects to choose from! :lol: :lol:

Lois.... Love your little dinosaurs. My Evie loves dinosaurs--and had read a whole series of books about mythical ones... I thought I might make her a quilt of those Fat Cat ones... but she wasn't impressed. :lol: :lol:

Judi.... Not a fan of spiders? They don't bug me (ha ha get it.... "bug me) but if a snake came slithering in the house or near me anywhere... you would heard me scream all the way to MI! Even mice don't make me crazy.... they just make me mad as I don't like them getting into stuff.

Diane... Oh how I wish I lived closer... I so come and help you play with all that white/white! Every time I go to the fabric warehouse I have to see if they have something new and I grab about 4 yards of it! Sounds as if you have enough blocks to keep you busy for a while! I think of you every time I see the box of R/W/B fabric I have in a box!

Maryz.... yup, I am going to miss that puppy... she greets me every morning with her tail wildly wagging.... so hard her whole body wags. The cat on the other hand is a bit fickle.... she'll sleep on the end of my bed, but the next day she gets mad at me and tries to bite. Unfortunately Shawn has ADD like his mother, so we haven't quite gotten to the sewing room yet.. they brought home Kris's horse trailer to try and fix it, so that's in my driveway now. You have a busy few days ahead of you for sure... Fun that you will get to see your friends again!

Becca...What kind of books do you like to read? My Mom LOVED to read, but she didn't like the "Mattress maneuver books" the ones with a lot of you-know-what in them... those steamy romance novels.

Jana... Oh darn... dropping eggs? No fun to clean up that slimy mess. One thing nice about having a dog around... she cleans up little messes on the floor! :lol: :lol: I bet your house looks so pretty all decorated for fall. I save all my decor for Christmas.... though with all the extra furniture in my house now I have no idea where I am going to put a tree!

Velda.... SO glad you will get to see your Grandson while he is on leave... and at least for now... he'll be in safe place in Arizona! Be sure to give him a hug from all of us and thank him for his service!

Chriss... How fun to get a SS teaser in the mail! Hey remember those hot pad kits you shared with me a few years ago.... Would you believe it.. I just finally got them put together :lol: :lol:

Sharon..... You have Tarantulas??? Oh yuck... now those kind of spiders would surely scare the dickens out of me..

Well, my coffee is cold and I need to go blow dry my hair and then I'll head downstairs and pick a project to do today. A long while ago I bought at kit at the fabric warehouse, so I've been working on those blocks. Must have read the directions wrong as I have WAY more blocks than needed... might get 2 quilts out of all of them. Tom and Viv are coming up on Friday for the weekend, so I'm waiting until Viv gets here to help me decided "to sash or not to sash" on some blocks hanging on my wall. I have 4 or 5 quilts I could send home with her to quilt, but I think she's pretty busy so I won't ask.

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday!

Return to “Sew ins”