Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday the 27th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Monday the 27th

Post by maryq » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:43 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Monday Y'all! I used to hate Mondays as it meant going back to work... but now I love them! It's like a blank page waiting to be written on... a New Start .... a clean slate! AND the kids are back to school..Shawn is at work and Kris went to the barn... so it's just me and the dog and the cat (though she hides most of the day)

Judi... Oh My gosh! Small Appliances? I think the Kids own one of every thing... and quite a few have found their way into my tiny kitchen. Not complaining tho as Shawn makes great popcorn with his popcorn maker and Kris makes great bread with her mixer! Am waiting for them to bring in the waffle maker! There's a box in the garage full of stuff and I'm sure another one in their storage locker.

Suzette... Oh what we don't do for our furry friends... Zara--the springer the kids brought to my house... is my buddy all day .... and I could sit and cuddle with her for hours.. she's such a sweet girl.

Becca.... I bet you have some beautiful views out your windows as the leaves change... seems they change a little bit every day!

Maryz... As much as I hate my steps.... I'm thinking they are "good" for me.... keeps the knees bending a bit.. Yeh... Hazel might not be the best deal for a house with dog hair... tho the kids used it all the time, they didn't have carpet--and I'm thinking the carpet lint makes it worse. Sorry about the sadness in Seattle today.. you know normally I'm not a football fan... but it was fun watching it with the boys. Brennen is really into football and plays the fantasy thing too. He knows every player! Great Picture of you guys laying out Drew's Quilt!

Katy.... Do you have a pattern for a long sleeve shirt/blouse? Couldn't you kind of lay the sleeve piece of that kind of lined up with your mumu sleeve to figure out how to make a long sleeve... I bet that would work. I can picture it in my head... though the top of the sleeve for the mumu is different I'm guessing that a normal sleeve.....or measure your arm and just cut the sleeve longer. :lol: :lol:

Jana... Oh My gosh..there's another story for Aaron's book!!!! That stowaway is lucky he wasn't killed hiding under there... What if the semi driver had to stop fast and blew a tire or was in an accident!

Sherry... Your cross stitch project sounds amazing and you must have the patience of a saint to work on such a big piece! I'd never make it! I've done counted cross stitch a few times... but my eyes just don't handle it well any more and I certainly don't have the patience! I bet it will be gorgeous when it's all done.

Lois.... Have a fun day with Olivia!! A new hair do! What fun!!!!

Sharon.... that reminds me... I should call DDS too! UGH!!!

Think I'll fill my biggest coffee mug and head down to sewing room... after I clean kitchen.. the rest of upstairs is still in good shape--- got chores done on Saturday. Kind of nice I don't to have clean downstairs now--Shawn does downstairs bath and kids do their own rooms. Shawn even completely cleaned out my laundry room and got rid of all the dust balls every where!

Wishing you all a totally Marvelous Monday!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday the 27th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:11 am

Good morning girlfriends, isn't it a beautiful morning?

We are supposed to reach 85* today but the mornings and evenings are a crisp cool refreshing temperature which allows the windows to remain open. Also means our electric bill will go down. Yay, love those added bonuses.

I didn't get enough water or potassium yesterday and woke up a little light headed. I don't like the feeling that I am going to fall while walking or standing up. Really don't like it when I squat to see something on a bottom shelf and get up quickly and feel like I need to hold onto something, like that would help if I fell over, duh. I am going to research an electrolyte supplement and also need to get back to taking vitamins. The low carb Ketoish diet affects electrolytes. Maybe I will have spinach for breakfast.

Judi, I love my air fryer. It cooks everything. It's basically a convection oven ( same idea different shape) A one pound steak cooks in 20 minutes at 350*. I also, because I am an addict, cook chicken skin from a rotisserie chicken in mine. Makes great croutons for a salad. I just wish the air fryer wasn't so big.

Suzette, dogs do get impatient. Mine stares Jerry down till he gets up then either goes out or just wants Jerry's chair. Are you finishing up the JD quilt?

Becca, your day sounds just perfect. A day hearing from family, spending time on the sun porch and church quilting. Gosh I would so relish a day with all those things. I wish we were able to get together here, so far many group meetings are not happening. Our quilt group has not been meeting because of the Covid numbers increasing. Yet they had the county fair. Crazy isn't it?

Maryz, what a fun day for you. Time with the grands and a quilt block unveiling. I bet Drew was overjoyed with excitement, he is a cutie. So glad you two collaborated. Someday he will tell his kids how he and grandma worked on this very quilt and he will smile while telling the story. You are a cool grandma. The Baltimore Halloween quilt pattern is very intricate, not sure I will be doing it any time soon, but when I am ready the fabric is there. I was so happy it was a kit. It's a bit intimidating for me, someday I will tackle it. The only reason I thought air fryers and convection ovens were the same is they both cook with heated air? I could easily be wrong. Love that yours folds up. Let me know how you like it, it could be an appliance replacement for me. Would be nice to get rid of some for an all in one.

Katy, I also went through quilt books and patterns yesterday. It would be fun to box those patterns and send them to someone on this forum so they could go through them, take some from the box and add some to the box and ship it to the next person till it gets back to the person who started it. Kind of a round robin thing. Wish I could come help you de-junk. I love finding treasures. Sounds like your elf is in for a real treat. Ask Jana about making long sleeves, she is my sewing / altering guru.

Jana, it's a laundry day here too. load one is in the dryer load two in the washer, load three may be tomorrow.

Sherry, That kittens in the library pattern is adorable. I bet, if Maryz googles it, she will be considering buying it. It will be really a cool wall hanging when it's done

Lois, yay for getting eyes for those dinosaurs They will be happy to be able to see. I had thought about coloring my hair but also opted out. Thinking about the root outgrow was enough to convince to not color. Happy haircut day.

Sharona, sorry you were nauseous yesterday, hope you aren't pregnant.

Maryq, I need to get me a Shawn. What a sweetie for cleaning things around the house. I also now love Monday's too. After my work position was eliminated I thought I needed to find another job. Jerry told me to retire so I did. Now 4 months later, I love it. Enjoy your fun day, what mischief a person can get into without a plan.

My plan today is to do vitamin research. I need to learn about a multi with potassium, calcium and vitamin D and it has to have no sugar. I have no clue which brand is the best and I could easily spend a day reading all the info on the back of the bottles and still not have a selection. Wish me luck.

You girls have a fantabulous day.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”